comebackid is offline New Member

CONSTANTLY hungry!!

wrote in my intro how i've recently returned to working out . hitting the weights 4 on/ 1 off and cardo 6 or 7 days . my wife used to comment on how i'd always eat like a bird. for a few weeks now i've been constantly hungry! still don't eat alot in one sitting but i have to really try to make it 2hours without eating something. my stomach starts to slightly burn and then will start to growl shortly after. for instance, today i started off my day with i cup of oatmeal and two whole wheat muffins and nat. jam. i hour later about 3-4 eggs worth of egg beaters with some shredded turkey. two hours later a chicken brest & corn. went for a ride on my motorcycle to try to get my mind off of food. came back and had a protien drink. STARVING. that didn't do it. so i had a cup of grits with splenda. 1/2 hour later a can of tuna (dry) this is before 4pm. now i'm off to work out. i realize for some this isn't much but for me it's insane. two weeks ago i completely cut out all fast food junk and all sugars/chocolates. i might be imagining things but i'd swear that eating junk food used to suppress my appetite! ?? as soon as i cut out the junk and fast food my appetite went threw the roof. anyone ever experience this? makes me wonder if there isn't something wrong with my blood sugar or something. cut out sweets and garbage food and i'm constantly hungry. for vitamins and supplements i take:
    lipo6 (wouldn't this decrease appetite ? )
    100% whey
    whey protein
    fish oil (gel caps)
    st. johns wort
    vit. b complex
    daily vit.
    echinacea
    creatine guy at gnc gave me a 1mo. supply free it's called concrete. conjugated. take like 1/4 of a teaspoon 1hr. before work out.
    was told vit b can increase appetite. just curious if anyone else can shed some light on this. anyone with diabetes or low blood sugar ??
    Last edited by comebackid; 02-15-2008 at 04:04 PM. Reason: edited for spelling :(

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Well this is all good news dude, usually when I am bulking and there is twice as much food as usual I have a glass of water to help me force feed myself. Just keep the diet clean and eat as much as you want. Good luck

2bshredded is offline Member
    Very normal.....my apetite incresed twice to what was before. Feed those muscles!

High-roller is offline Member
    Man, I am with you, I did what you did, Cut out Junk AND I never really had fast food, never liked it, But when I cut out Junk wow man, I was eating like crazy, Now with my Job I work different hours were I am up a 11am, So I will eat, egg or oatmeal/ and then 30min after that I have a shake with 2 scoops of power and then I am off to the gym, I come back I have Protein bar with egg whites or tuna, and then I take a 1 houre rest get up and eat tuna or egg white with Protein drink, and then 1-1/2 later I eay chicken and something like veggie mixed with Potato, and then off to work,
    1st break apple, 3 eggs
    2nd Whole wheat 2 slice tuna
    3rd lunch - same as I had before I went to work
    4th break Apple or something fruit or Veggie with engery drink

After work before bed Some peanut butter or protein bar or cottage cheese,

But fo rme I am a 166Lb guy and this is alot but my body appetite just wants more...

It is crazy but good

High-roller is offline Member
    And I like to load till I can't eat my frist meal and I find once you add milk to your oatmeal and a glass of OJ the stuff go's down good

comebackid is offline New Member
    lol.. glad i'm not alone man, it's just not subsiding! not only do i feel near constantly hungry but my ability to eat in one sitting has increased too.
    2bshreadded, agreed. i worked out quite serious for a little more than a decade. while i always had my proteins and carbs i definitely never stuck to a proper eating diet. always had a decent metabolism so i used to eat some fast food here and t here and snack junk once and a while. what's strange about this time is my hunger is threw the roof. just not at all normal for me. even at my best i've never had near the appetite i have now. lately, the past few days i've actually started being able to eat more in one setting. i realize i shouldn't go over board with this but it's amazing to me. i've always eaten small. ate a 1/2 pasta, nice large salad and large baked potato and was hungry when i was done. gave myself 1.5 hours before eating again. think that's the most i've ever ate in one sitting in my life! usually i could only eat about half that. i dont know, perhaps it's one big coincidence..?? i wonder, if i had a blood sugar problem if i stopped eating sugars if this would cause this effect....??

purpleyjgirl2004 is offline Female Member
    Yeah a little help please!!!!!! I spend every penny I make on food for this man!!! lol Kidding
    Seriously tho I have never seen him eat like this. It's amazing.

whiteowl is offline Associate Member
    you're just burning alot of calories and your body is wanting them replaced....i was a single dad....when my daughter started eating everything is sight i knew she was going to start another growing spurt....double edge sword...food bill went up and new clothes had to be bought.....you are working out hard and need lots of carbs and protein...and if Jgirl is your m8 i am guessing your workouts are nice indeed....stay away from fast food....keep it natural and hammer down.

Thread Information