Thread: into....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    comebackid is offline New Member

into....

just a little about me. i'm 39 5'7" and currrently 185 this am. worked out hard for about 14 years. started off as a skinny 150 lb kid. at my best i was about 175 with about 8% body fat. ripped! was one of those that would eat everything in sight and still fight to put on weight. hit 26 and started getting in to lifting heavy. got up to almost 200lbs and still carried it rather well. and then after 14 years of hard work i just walked away one day. never dreamed i would quit. i worked at it very hard. the last two years the toughest hitting walls constantly. changing routines would help but little. then life came into the picture. a tougher more physical job, got married, started a family ect. fast forward 7 years! looking in the mirror i couldn't believe what i saw still have some good shape but have a gut! weighed in at 192 ! probably close to 20 % body fat! been thinking about hitting the gym for about two years. each time putting it off knowing that it's going to be a life time commitment of hard work & dedication. finally, last week it was time.
    two weeks ago i started to eat right. after a steady diet of kfc, mc d's and burger king with a little taco bell thrown in. would think nothing of killing a stick of sharp cheese & every night a huge bowl of captain crunch or cookie crisp first i cut out all the fast food and junk food on week one. week two found this site, and it was a god send! now i've got a diet in place. eating 6 times a day with good pwo nutrition and eating my carbs and protiens at the right time.
    hit the gym doing 45min of weights and 20 min of cardio after. going to increase to 30 min. tread mill keeping my hr correct. i've went from 192 to 185 this am. been taking 100% whey, creatine & lipo6 along with solid foods. can't tell you how good it feels to be back. getting incredible pumps, and as crazy as it seems i feel like my body is growing dailly my plans are atleast 3 months training 4 on/1off lifting and cardio 6-7 days a week. if i get my bf levels down and feel like my body has adjusted i'm probably going to do a 8-12 week cycle of test and maybe hgh. that's totally depends on how i feel at the time. i'm 39 so i feel it would help jump start me. i might not need to do it, see how my body feels when i get there.
    started a "log" with some pics. going to take pics every two weeks and cataloging my progress with weight and body fat % along the way.
    BIG thanks to this site. i've already spent countless hours here. sometimes 6 hours in a day. (lot of down time at work) i realized in just a short time that my perception of gear was totally wrong. that my diet and pct are just as important! feels GREAT to be back!
    Last edited by comebackid; 02-14-2008 at 08:08 AM.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Well congratulations young fella on making the right move. Muscle memory will have you back in shape in no time.If you do decide to do HGH you need to run that for at least 6 months to be really beneficial. Good luck dude and we are here to help

purpleyjgirl2004 is offline Female Member
    hello. this is his wife. thanks for the great info here too. like to see my hubby in good shape again.
    Last edited by purpleyjgirl2004; 02-14-2008 at 04:36 PM.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleyjgirl2004 View Post
    hello. this is his wife. thanks for the great info here too. like to see my hubby in good shape again.
    Very kewl to have the wife here to, and if thats you in your Avi he is a lucky man. Have a look at this and get your title in Pink and access to the Female Forums Ladies, please look here to learn how to gain access to the PRIVATE female forum. but we are way more fun than them
    Last edited by Kale; 02-14-2008 at 07:58 PM.

yeah, that's her avy. she just wrote to gain access to the female forum. had a few days off. spent waaaay to much time here seems no end to the knowledge.

hobbs9963 is offline Associate Member
    Man you'd have to kill me to get my captain crunch or whoppers. Welcome to the forums.

yeah, miss my high metabolism .... lol.. it's worth it for now, the fat seems to be coming off quite well. very pleased with the progress so far. thought that coming back at 39 would be a lot tougher than it has been. been getting some great pumps, strength is growing rapidly, & the fat loss is better than i had hoped for. owe a lot of thanks to the diet stuff here. i really came here looking for what steroid would best suit me. instead i got a whole bunch of knowledge as to why doing as right now wouldn't be a great idea & how without a proper diet and pct i'd be throwing away most my gains anyway.

whiteowl is offline Associate Member
    kale is right...muscle atrophies but does not dissolve the way fat does....the memory is there and it reads as if your motivation is there....when i trained younger guys i always advised them to check their ego at the gym door....gains will come... get ligaments and tendons ready....you have a great base, great support ....there is so much knowledge and experience here....save educational threads....re-read....weights are a great sport...enjoy it...

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Welcome to the both of you .... as you have been away from the game for around 7 years I would try to go natural for a minimum of 6 months and preferably a year before you start juicing!! This will give your tendons time to strengthen and hopefully keep you injury free.

Thread Information