notoverthehillyet is offline New Member

Testim Nightmare or something else? Help Please

06-14-08 Am 44. Principal at an elementary school. I work out 5 days a week, 90 minutes each workout. Symptoms of low test - tired, low sex drive, loss of strength over past 3 years, depression, concentration, etc. Dr. prescribed lunesta. Said I was not getting enough sleep. I average 3 to 4 hrs a night of sleep. Even with Lunesta still 3 to 4 hours of sleep. No help. Dr. suggested a blood test. Testosterone level was 596. Dr. said this was "high normal." Dr. prescribed Testim - (5grams?) one gel packet a day "to supplement your body's testosterone." He said it should eliminate aformentioned symptoms. My concern is that taking testim will stop my body from making its own testosterone. I have read many of the threads on this site. I feel like many of you know more than my Dr. I am confused and very green. Thoughts? I don't feel completely comfortable with his recommendation. Any suggestions on specific threads to read. Thanks for any input.

08-31-08 I have been on Testim and am using Lunesta since June. Am finally getting 6 hours of solid sleep now, wearing wife out, and energy levels up. Have noticed loss of fat. Am 6' at 190. Waist went from 34 to 32 June to present. Weight stayed the same. My wife says I am more muscular. I don't notice a difference. Still a wimp but at least am sleeping better and chasing the wife around the house again. If anyone can recommend some threads to read on the topic....much appreciated. So much 411 on this site. Test levels at 700+. Dr. says will reduce testim use. Levels too high. Does not want my body to stop natural Test production. The adventure continues. Thanx for your input. Greatly appreciated. All God's best.

10-16-08 Update. My nuts have been very sore. I went in for my blood test yesterday. My test levels have crashed. Test level dropped to 109 from 700's. My testicles are very sore, feel tired, low energy, low drive. Not sure what is up. I am worried. Dr. today wants to put me on 10% Testim daily. I am very confused and he does not seem to know what he is talking about. I started at 500+ in June, went to 700+, and am now at 109 and feel like crap. Any suggestions. I think most of you know more than my quack Dr.

kaju is offline Associate Member
    this sounds so very typical.
    You didn't mention in your last blog if your sleep has changed. Are you getting the sleep you need? All the symptoms you mentioned can come from not getting enough sleep. You went to the Dr. and he put you on test and you went from feeling low to feeling like a teen and then into a depression. I could have told you this would happen. Your Dr? Is he a GP or a endocrinologist? Most GPs don't know the required knowledge to do this to you. You didn't mention if he prescribed a post cycle treatment. this would have aided in the sore nuts and depression.
    Unless he is wanting to put you on test for the rest of your life I would recommend reading up a little more. I'm sorry I cannot give you a link but you need to first read up on test cycles and then read up on trt (testosterone replacement therapy). at 44 you sound Young to be put on trt. but I have heard of it before. From what I read I would personally look into why you are not sleeping. Everything you mentioned can be caused by not enough sleep. Even low test.

notoverthehillyet is offline New Member
    Kaju, Thank you for your response. I believe you are very much correct. My GP does not know much about this whole topic. I have found this out the hard way. He knows nothing of post cycle treatment, etc. I have done much reading on the topic and realize what I am experiencing is fairly common and to be expected. My nads are not sore anymore, have regained their size and I am doing much better. I am working with my GP to come up with a more rounded plan that includes a post treatment plan. I think we are learning together. Again, thank you for your comments. Honestly, I was worried but now am not. My sleep is better than is was awhile back. I was only getting about three to 4 hours but am now getting about 5 to 6. I don't wake up as much in the night. God bless.

Thread Information