Thread: 1st cycle @ 56

Truenorth is offline New Member

1st cycle @ 56

Me; 56 years old w/ 20 years training, the past 5 years more dedicated, I am @ 195 lbs currently (175lbs 3 years ago) @ 5'8", 15% BF. I have been looking @ various forums, reading and learning for years and considering a first cycle to put on some mass as I seem to be close to my natural potential.

On going Cycle supports (milk thistle, saw palmetto, Red yeast rice, CoQ10, EFAs, Multi, etc) and proper diet (3000 cal/day w/ at least 200-300 gm protein/ day)

I am looking @ a 12 week cycle;
    20-30mg/day Dbol - weeks 1 to 4 (Winstrol has been suggested to me also but my understanding is that the Dbol would be more appropriate for a massing phase)
    250-300ml/week test E 300 - weeks 1 to 12
    I know these amounts are at the low end for dosages. My thinking is less is safer for the prostate and recovery, but I welcome any older, experienced guys' comments.

PCT;
    nolva; 40mg/day 2weeks, 20mg/day next 2 weeks
    Clomid; 100mg/day 2 weeks, 50mg/day next 2 weeks
    (I am not entirely certain about the PCT amounts and would welcome feedback)

My main concerns are prostate issues and post cycle recovery.
    At my age, are there any measures I can take to better address the prostate concerns.
    Would something like Primobolan (if I can get it) be safer than test E?
    Would proviron (if I can get it) or Aromasin be worthwhile to have on hand?
    Is HCG a good measure to recover faster?
    I realize there are several unknowns here and I am a little way from settling my plans but I welcome and appreciate any other over 50 guys' experiences and/or comments.
    One last thing; I have considered HRT but the Dr says my T levels are good and I think it would be a hard sell to try that route.
    Hope that wasn't TMI
    cheers and thanks

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Welcome. I am 53 and I have been juicing for over five years, in fact I am on a low dose for life now. First thing you need to do is get a blood Test. Test for Free and Total Testosterone , Estradiol, PSA, Cholesterol and Liver Function. From there you get a good base line to work out what impact the juice will have on you. I have an enlarged Prostate and I still juice, there are discussions to be had here. I see you have had a blood Test, did they test for everything I have mentioned ? Just because your Dr says your levels are OK by his standards, but by ours they are probably way off the mark.
    Last edited by Kale; 12-12-2008 at 03:24 AM.

Thanks Kale,
    Yes , I plan to get blood work and a checkup, thanks for the helpful check list.

mperk is offline Member
    Hey bud - nice to see another experienced lifter on the site! Great that you are getting mo serious about it. Sounds like an okay cycle but as you say on the low end. you have to do your prostate research and come to your own conclusion. At your age you could get it checked 2 x a year if you wanted. In addition to the Saw Palmetto there are some other "prostate support" supps you can take. At 49, I just finished a similar cycle, 50mg d-bol and 500 Test c/wk. it was great - definatly made me feel 20 again and strength thru the roof. For PCT I am doing Clomid 50mg/day and Nolva 20mg day. i would suggest you get adex or letro on hand for possible gyno sides. AIFM is also quite effective as an AI and is easy to use. For me, I thot that the higher dose was fine - it's def not as high as some of the younger guys do. It definately takes 4-6 weeks to really feel it kick in.

BTW I had the same experience with the test levels - I was at the "low end of normal" so couldn't get HRT. Good luck dude - i think you'll enjoy it! BTW - make sure you get your diet figured out in advance - the key is really getting enough nutrition in your body when you are juicing to support the muscle growth/recovery.

Thanks MPERK for your advice. I have found it difficult to get much solid info regarding cycling, being over 50 and what to possibly expect wrt prostate and recovery, thus my caution so far in dosages. So, letro for possible gyno. I have read that HCG would help to speed recovery (along w/ nolva &/or clomid) but I have also noticed it's commonly left out for a "beginners" cycle. I have also read that proviron would be a good measure for the prostate. I shall continue w/ my preps slowly as I continue my research (I think I started considering @ all this at least 2 years ago, I'm that slow, LOL).

mperk is offline Member
    It's good to do the research - pm me with an email and I'll send you an e-book I got when I first started looking into it. There is a ton of info out there so def do the research til you feel comfortable with a choice. - Having said that - I really enjoyed my cycle - don't think I have any long term sides and I happened to have my prostate checked before and after cycle (coincidentally) no issues there. It really does make you feel like a young buck again tho. plus it was nice to wake up with serious wood for a few weeks there - hahahaha - first time since my 20's ;-)

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    If you are worried about your prostate I would get it checked out by your doc before doing anything. You should be getting it checked every year from the age of 50 anyway. I know a few guys who have had problems with their prostate and only knew because our company medical centre gives annual medicals above the age of 50.

I would probably go up to 500ml Test a week as well.

Good advice from Kale!!

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Actually there are some good meds that will circumvent prostate problems. I\'m on some proscar. So far so good.

Welcome...

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    all i can say it wow, let us know who it works out for you

Thread Information