Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    thebigguyy1 is offline Junior Member

On turning 50.....

As I am about to turn 50, I was sitting here thinking and perusing the forum and thought I would add this posting to us "mature" lifters 40 and over.

All i can say is that 40 is definitely not a death sentence and yes, you can still maintain muscle mass and, dare I say, GROW in these years.

I have never been one to buckle under and defer to people telling me what i cannot do. I can remember growing up and being so painfully shy because I was a REALLY skinny runt of 119 pounds at 6' tall. I was told that I would "never get but so big...." and for years I really did not try. And one day in my late 20's I said either go for it or just get on with life. Of course that would mean being "average". Not a bad thing, mind you, but you know when you're bitten by the bodybuilding bug, it is not an option.

Below is a transformation pic of myself.

Now as I approach 50, it seems as if the only obstacle I have is myself. And that is as it should be.

I guess what I am trying to say is that nothing is impossible. If you want to maintain muscle mass, or even fight the good fight and GROW, it is possible. I myself did not start out as a gifted mesomorph (skinny as hell), was not an athlete in high school (quite the contrary I was a bookwork..a geek I would say ) and there was no magic potion. just a lot of hard work, supps, research till my eyes bled and I simply just wanted big muscles, even past the age of 50!

So, if you want it, go for it....aas, TRT, HRT, etc etc. Just do the research, homework, listen to your body and YOU REALLY GOTTA WANT IT

And with that. drag that 40 plus and midlife bugaboo into the gym and train the hell out of it!

Ron IIII----IIII
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	progress.jpg 
Views:	3013 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	99057  

Thread Information