kaju is offline Associate Member

I'm going to lay off from today till 1/1/10

Im going to lay off and rest. today is December 15. It is two weeks till January ST. No diet no exercise. Just see if it helps my body recuperate. I am already feeling guilty and the day isn't even over yet. I still have two weeks to go.
    Is anyone else going to do this?
    I will do this from time to time. They say it is good for the body. for me It is not good for the brain. I feel I might get lazy and not restart on Jan ST. Ive never had a problem going back to the gym but every year it gets harder and harder.
    But when I do go back on Jan ST. The gym is full of nubees and those that will last a few weeks. But hey it also brins in the hotties.

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I say go for it . At least yours is by choice .

I have surgery scheduled 12/28 . So I will unable to lift for a few weeks .

Good luck and enjoy !

hot stuff is offline Junior Member
    HaHa. It sounds like we go to the same gym. Don't like the crowds after the new year, but the view gets better for awhile! Once they learn that it takes more than a Christmas-present membership to get in shape, they leave.

Everything I have read says that taking time off every few months is the best thing that you can do for yourself. With that said, I don't know any hard-core guys (or girls) that do it! It's a mental thing and I think that shows just how addicted we are. Nice to see you are trying to keep it real.

Enjoy the holidays!!!!

hot stuff is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dont wanna be old View Post
    I say go for it . At least yours is by choice .

I have surgery scheduled 12/28 . So I will unable to lift for a few weeks .

Good luck and enjoy !
    I'm sorry to hear that. What is your surgery for? What a nice Christmas present. Best of luck to you.

stpete is offline Banned
    Taking time off is a good thing sometimes. I occasionally take a week off but i keep protien high and limit carbs to breakfast and lunch.
    But i can't take time off during the holidays cause i'll turn into a complete fat ass. haha... I don't mind that so much but it takes too much work on the treadmill to get back to normal.
    Enjoy the time off.

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hot stuff View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. What is your surgery for? What a nice Christmas present. Best of luck to you.
    I had hernia surgery 5/18 , Got past that . Blew out right side last week . The thing with AAS is it allows you to think you are more than you are . But your not .

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i couldnt stay away for 2 weeks

glover is offline Associate Member
    I take a week off occasionally. I don't think it hurts at all. In fact I was out of the gym all last week but it was because I was sick not because I wanted to.

gcguiness is offline Junior Member
    Recharging the batteries is good for any sport, helps to refocus, and you will benefit from the break. Have a good break, and a few beers...

I will definitely have a few beers. I know without a doubt the rest will do me good. The problem for me is getting my head right after a lay off like this. Ive done it before many times. Every time I do it I have a hard time getting my head back into the game. The head game is usually over about the same amount of time I took off. If I take off for two weeks It takes two weeks to get my head right again. Lets face it. If your head isn't right your not going to do as well. Not to worry. I have done this many times and I have beat it so I can do it again.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Sadly due to injured ligaments in the lower and upper back i have been taking my fair share of layoffs for almost 8 years, since i found prolotherapy that has saved my life i have not layed off since, been training steady for 6 months now and only stop for 2 days when i get my prolotherapy treatment.

I dont go to the gym anymore because i got sick and tired of the crowd, so i have everything in my basement, i can train when i want.

Best thing ever.

ScotchGuard is offline Senior Member
    kaju, I take off a couple of week every yeear. I've been doing it for years. I talked to an exercise physiologist that recommended it to me. He said that it gave my body, especially my joints, time to heal up and replenish the glycogen system. I think you're gonna feel a lot better after the new year when you hit the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard View Post
    kaju, I take off a couple of week every yeear. I've been doing it for years. I talked to an exercise physiologist that recommended it to me. He said that it gave my body, especially my joints, time to heal up and replenish the glycogen system. I think you're gonna feel a lot better after the new year when you hit the gym.
    I do know this as I said before it is all in my head. Today is the 22nd. Im already freaking out. I feel as if I do not get back into the gym today I will loose it forever. Then the second part of this is when I do go back it takes about two weeks to get my head back in the right place. Ive done this every year sometimes twice a year. Every time time after the break when I start back I have a hard time getting my head to say hey you cant be lazy anymore.

A complete Phatt Ass isnt a bad thing,,lol....

Hope everyone had a safe holiday season......
    ....now that its cold out, not much to do, time to hit boards alittle more...

Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    Taking time off is a good thing sometimes. I occasionally take a week off but i keep protien high and limit carbs to breakfast and lunch.
    But i can't take time off during the holidays cause i'll turn into a complete fat ass. haha... I don't mind that so much but it takes too much work on the treadmill to get back to normal.
    Enjoy the time off.
    1 week off every 3 months or so does me good..Even with that I'll still keep up the cardio...Although at 1 point acouple of yrs ago while trying to get a house fixed up to rent out I just had too much going on so I ended up taking 6 weeks off after a 5-6month straight heavy and ncycled lifting phase... Asmuch as I hate to admit it 6 weeks off was the greatest thing at that point I could've done for my body..

Thread Information