Thread: pat your backs

bistbrah is offline Junior Member

pat your backs

i turned 40 this year and like most here dont feel my age anyway u can all relate to this i'm sure- growing up we all idolized arnie, sly, chuck norris, lou the incredible hulk, franco and tonnes more. this is probably why most of us got into lifting...to join the hulkamania craze right! we are a rare breed to be sure and although there are many up and commers most kids today hibernate in their rooms online wit h their game consoles energy drinks and chips, laziest little buggers eh. if i could i would shake everyones hand here and pat ur backs. gear or not what we do is hard work and dedication, traits not so common these days. way to go all.
    ps. most of us do lookd better than these kids as well.

HEVEW8 is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    So true man! I feel sorry for the kids today, most of them are over weight and sit around, the parents are big and out of shape too,.. Im Always on my kids about eating healthy and exercising. Just like most guys over 40, I need help now with my training and diet, so far so good on my TRT... Thanks for the pat on the back!
    Ruben

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    I been off 10 years now cause of back pain, i never lost the passion for bodybuilding, young kids today i dont care of feel sorry, they have everything they want MMA class, sports , weight lifting if there choice is to sit around and play videogames good for them.

I turned 40 in June started training 3 weeks ago things are very good. I am going on cycle in a few weeks.

Chuck Norris looked amazing at 72 years old in expendables 2

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Bunch of old fvcks....

J/K I turn 50 this month It wasnt until 42 the aches and pains started in on a daily basis and Ive had 2 back surgeries amongst many other set backs the last several years but even at my worst I didnt loose the passion to want to do and be better. I have had a passion for body building or at least working out since I was 16. I have not always followed that passion like I should have for multiple reasons but it has never left my mind and has always played a part of my life.

Even at 50 I dont feel what I use to think 40 would when I was younger. I hope I never get to the point where I cannot train and maintain some size. I never want to get fat and out of shape again like I was 5 years ago.

Eating right is defiantly the key as well as exercise. You dont have to be a fanatic about it unless your goals are very high such as competing but it defiantly is a big part.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 10-07-2012 at 12:28 AM.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    LMAO I turned 41 last august and feeling good!

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    47 and at the top of my game.

mojo999 is offline Associate Member
    46 and feeling goooood..... For me I just love the iron. Been weight training since high school, never stopped. Used to do it for sports, now its all for myself Kudos to all of us old iron farts... LOL

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    27 whoot whoot!

I'll give it to all u old geezers out there tho! I hope to look just as good at such a ripe old age! Lol

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Over 50 and in the 2nd best shape of my life. My 20's were pretty awesome. The good olde days!

rollingthunder is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yannick35 View Post
    Chuck Norris looked amazing at 72 years old in expendables 2
    i was gonna reply, "dude, no way chuck norris is 72. he's only..." and then i went to look him up on wikipedia. and sure enough, he's 72. wow! he is amazing.

SeaPig is offline New Member
    This is a really great thread and thanks Lovbyts for your post. It is very encouraging.
    I am turning 52 in about a week and just discovered this site a few days ago. It is quite awesome.
    I am tired of feeling the age in my body, and the 30 YO between my ears.
    I have lost 66 pounds in the last 15 months, and it is time to move on to the next level.....
    And I will keep studying here.

stpete is offline Banned
    I was strong at 28-30 but now at 44 i'm stronger in every area than at 28-30. Experience in the gym and keeping a somewhat strict diet over several years definitely is the difference.

But i also feel the daily pains that lovbyts mentioned. Aggravating, but nothing that will stop me from going to the gym.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    It's not just physical at this point...it's as much mental. I am simply at a better place in my life and feel better about who I ma physicaly and mentally!

stpete is offline Banned
    ^^^ Ah, very true.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    It's not just physical at this point...it's as much mental. I am simply at a better place in my life and feel better about who I ma physicaly and mentally!
    Thats because youre retarded.

(who loves ya more than me buddy..lol)

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    Thats because youre retarded.

(who loves ya more than me buddy..lol)
    I was going to say it was because of all the great friends I have on here but....back to the self help motivation books ;(

thanks Mick!

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Damn all you young guys are killing me. I am 57 and with much help from this board I am in the best shape I have been since mid 40s. The past year I have started eating right and lifting carefully, the first allowed me to get past 18% BF and the latter of these two have allowed me to work out constantly without having to take months off due to injury as I had in the past.

Thread Information