Thread: Cycle advice

LookinToGrow is offline Associate Member

Cycle advice

Hey guys, haven't been on the boards in a while. I've been thinking about doing a cycle and wanted some input. I'm 48 years old and in good shape. I also have a couple of cycles under my belt, but the last one was about 6 years ago. Had good results and kept looking good natty. I've hit a plateau and want to really kick it up and move to another level. I'm 5'10" 185lbs. I was thinking about doing a cycle of test e (400mg/week) and deca (200mg-3/4 weeks less than the test) for 10-12 weeks, then finishing up with PCT. Any advice would be appreciated. Only major health issue is cholesterol, but it's under control with Lipitor.

Here's a recent pic:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0869.jpg 
Views:	583 
Size:	339.6 KB 
ID:	127892

Chris J is offline Associate Member
    why tamper ...you are in great shape natty.

boxa06 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LookinToGrow View Post
    Hey guys, haven't been on the boards in a while. I've been thinking about doing a cycle and wanted some input. I'm 48 years old and in good shape. I also have a couple of cycles under my belt, but the last one was about 6 years ago. Had good results and kept looking good natty. I've hit a plateau and want to really kick it up and move to another level. I'm 5'10" 185lbs. I was thinking about doing a cycle of test e (400mg/week) and deca (200mg-3/4 weeks less than the test) for 10-12 weeks, then finishing up with PCT. Any advice would be appreciated. Only major health issue is cholesterol, but it's under control with Lipitor.

Here's a recent pic:

Name:	IMG_0869.jpg 
Views:	583 
Size:	339.6 KB 
ID:	127892
    Hey welcome back to the board!

If you haven't cycled in 6 years, Test E only cycle would work wonders and maybe wouldn't really needed to be stacked with deca. But if you did wonna stack make sure the Test E is ran a couple more weeks than the deca eg

Test E weeks 1-14
    Deca weeks 1-12

2 weeks after last pin go for Tamox 40/40/20/20/20 and clomid 50/50/25/25/25 for PCT. Also would be great if you could get your hands on some HCG .

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick responses guys. Yeah, I know, I've had very good results natty and definitely know my way around the gym, just wanted to get a little freakier.

Thanks for the advice boxa06, exactly what I'm looking for. Thought stacking the deca would shake things up and put my body into a little hyperdrive. Want some size and want to stay somewhat lean. Know there will be some bloat with this cycle, but it should still get me some good results. Would love to get close to or past 200lbs. I'm aware of running the test a couple weeks more than the deca. Thanks for the reminder! Was thinking about a 10 week cycle. Think it's too short? If not, I'd be able to do a 12 week. Going on vacation in mid-February and want to be done by then. Also want to look good!

Thanks for the quick responses guys. Yeah, I know, I've had very good results natty and definitely know my way around the gym, just wanted to get a little freakier.

Thanks for the advice boxa06, exactly what I'm looking for. Thought stacking the deca would shake things up and put my body into a little hyperdrive. Want some size and want to stay somewhat lean. Know there will be some bloat with this cycle, but it should still get me some good results. Would love to get close to or past 200lbs. I'm aware of running the test a couple weeks more than the deca. Thanks for the reminder! Was thinking about a 10 week cycle. Think it's too short? If not, I'd be able to do a 12 week. Going on vacation in mid-February and want to be done by then. Also want to look good!
    The length of the cycle depends if you were gonna run deca or not. Test E should kick in between weeks 4-6 so that will be fine to run for 10 weeks on its own. As for Deca, you probably already know takes longer to kick in so you would have to run the deca 12 weeks to have it working for a decent amount of time.

Just an after thought..

Why not drop the Deca and run Test E at a slightly higher dose. I wouldn't run a 19nor unless you really need to, which in your case probably not. I've seen recovery's take a lot longer all because people decided to run 200mg deca per week so I've kept away.

Also if you have to go away and want everything done you could change the ester to prop. PCT will start 3 days after and the cycle can be 8 weeks.

Thanks boxa06, you're making sense. I did a test only cycle a while back (my first) and had very good results. I'll give it some thought.

Thanks boxa06, you're making sense. I did a test only cycle a while back (my first) and had very good results. I'll give it some thought.
    No worries and you are in great shape for your age mate. Keep us posted on if you decide to go ahead or not.

Natureboy71 is offline Associate Member
    I personally with your low BF and good shape would run low test, maybe 200mg a week and some winnie tabs or maybe t-bol. Unless your really trying to bulk up but if you just want to get a little harder and muscular that is the way I would go. And yes a good PCT (if I even have to say it)

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    I have a different approach.

Run a simple Prop and Var cycle for 8 wks. Get in and get out for maximum gains and lean muscle. Little to no bloat, and great returns with the short ester.

*Do not use Arimidex as an AI. Use Aromasin - less problems with your lipid panel.

So, just an update. Started a cycle about 2.5 weeks ago. Doing the slingshot program and a cycle of deca and test. Really doing well and enjoying the ride. Started at about 181 and already up to 188. Staying lean so far. Think the 200 goal is within reach.

Another update with a pic. Halfway through and up to a fairly lean 195lbs. Ready to deload next week. No sides so far. Lifts are through the roof.

Name:	IMG_1281.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	768.9 KB 
ID:	139031

Realized that the pic I posted wasn't too recent and thought I'd post a comparison. First pic is at 181 in beginning of April. Second is at around 194 last week.

Name:	IMG_1173.JPG 
Views:	368 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	139079Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1296.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	698.0 KB 
ID:	139080

Spartans09 is offline Member
    Good work

Thread Information