rex277 is offline New Member
    Blog Entries

Is it absolutely necessary to undergo PCT?

Hi Everybody
    I have completed my cycle (test -e 500 mg/week for 6 weeks). I have got good results.Experienced no side effects. MI Have two questions

1. Is it absolutely necessary to undergo PCT?
    2. If Somebody does not undergo PCT what will happen?
    3. When I will undergo (after how many months?) am I able to continue test-e cycle?

Natureboy71 is offline Associate Member
    If you are over 40 it is more necessary that is for sure. If you do not you may lose most if not all of the gains you have made on cycle. This is bascially because once the test e works it's way out of your body and you body has most likely stopped producing natural test your test level will be ZERO and you estrogen level may be elevated. That means a lot of bad things.

With ZERO test you can work out and eat all you want and you probably will still lose muscle like mad.

Sure, you can eventually recover with no PCT but you will have lost all you gained and as you are older it takes way way longer to recover and in some cases your natural test won't come back.

I have heard of some guys doing natural PCT with supplements like ZMA, tribulus and that but I have a hard time believing it is doing anything. Of course the guy at the GNC or whatever will tell you it does.

To your last question I believe the guidline is twice the time off AAS after PCT as to as long as you were on before you should start again.
    Last edited by Natureboy71; 11-12-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Natureboy71 is offline Associate Member
    I may add that my PCT's are never that fancy as some that you may read on the boards. Clomid and some A-dex works fine for me. But everyone is different.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Quote Originally Posted by rex277
    Hi Everybody
    I have completed my cycle (test -e 500 mg/week for 6 weeks). I have got good results.Experienced no side effects. MI Have two questions

3. When I will undergo (after how many months?) am I able to continue test-e cycle?
    1) yes
    2) You may risk permanent damage or lose most of what you gained on cycle. In order to keep your new muscle you need to rebound your test levels asap
    3) Time on + pct = time off

If you can, you may want to extend your cycle. 6 weeks is awfully short for Test E, 12 weeks is optimal. This will also give you time to line up your pct.

Get some Nolva n Clomid n run these for 4 weeks for pct.

*edit
    If you are on trt you will not need pct. What I stated above pertains to people who do not require testosterone replacement .
    Last edited by jasc; 11-12-2012 at 02:02 PM.

mojo999 is offline Associate Member
    I'm assuming you're over 40 (since this is the over 40 setion). In the old days PCT was unheard of until Dave Duchaine explored it. So all of us were walking the tightrope without a net back then

Yes bro u do need PCT. Advanced Search for it (top right of the page). Tons of materials on it. Nolva should be fine since your cycle is only 6 weeks @ 500mgs.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rex277 View Post
    Hi Everybody

Your cycle is weak. I would not waste my money, nor run this less than 10, preferably 12 weeks.

And i agree with the others on PCT.

SkunKnuckles is offline New Member
    I was actually wondering the same thing, being 40 and all. Thank you for the helpful information. I have researched much on PCT's but hearing it from "real" people, not just what a website spits out, really helps.

WAMBAM is offline New Member
    I am on trt, but only 200mg/week teste via a doctor. I want to get my levels higher with a beginner stack like 300 EQ and 500 teste. I don't understand why I need a pct if I don't care about my natural test levels or why I even need to cycle on and off. I understand a young guy wanting to keep his natural levels up.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by WAMBAM
    I am on trt, but only 200mg/week teste via a doctor. I want to get my levels higher with a beginner stack like 300 EQ and 500 teste. I don't understand why I need a pct if I don't care about my natural test levels or why I even need to cycle on and off. I understand a young guy wanting to keep his natural levels up.
    On TRT you don't need a PCT.

And ONLY 200mg test e per week? That sounds a lot. Have you visited the Hormone Replacement Therapy section?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

WAMBAM is offline New Member
    Just spotted it after making this post. I will read more in there. Actual dosage from Dr is 180. I do .9cc of 1000mg/5ml. So when I do a cycle I should just follow regular cycle routine and stay on my TRT off cycle, no PCT. And since I won't be doing PCT, should my off cycle time equal a normal PCT + off cycle time or just normal off cycle time? But now that I think about it, I bet I can find all that in the HRT section forum.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Ha ha yeah, you'll find it in there. There's lots of clever folk in there, they'll answer your every question better than I can!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thread Information