Second Wind is offline New Member

Type II Diabetic

I'm 41 and taking medication for type II Diabetes. I'm over weight but doing much more cardio. I used to cycle when I was younger. I'd like to start another cycle of test and get my size and strength back. Is it safe to take test while medication for type II Diabetes? Should I lose the body fat and try to get off the medication first?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Lose the weight first. Cycling while overfat will increase the risk of estrogen-related sides and hypertension.

Thank you for the input

hulk1 is offline New Member
    check with your Dr, make sure your medication is safe, my dad is type II and was told lose the weight 1st and we will see about your medication.

Quote Originally Posted by hulk1 View Post
    check with your Dr, make sure your medication is safe, my dad is type II and was told lose the weight 1st and we will see about your medication.
    Thanks guys, don't get me wrong, I'm not all body fat, I've got SOME strength, lol. Still repping out with 315lbs on bench and 405 on squat. I don't want you to get the impression that I'm a complete mess. I've dropped 12 lbs in 6 weeks. I've changed my diet and doing an hour on the elipticle sustaining 140bpm... I guess remembering how my body grew the last time I cycled, I'm just anxious to start again. Thank you both for your inputs.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Get that body fat down as much as you can. Watch your FSBS and get your A1C checked way before you think about starting. Bonaparte is correct!

Thread Information