Thread: 48

RickyReed is offline New Member

I am 48 yet have the body of a mid 30's have been in the gym again now for 4 years and even though I had a stroke in 2011 I have not let that stop me! I feel great and if you are 40 or over all I can say is get your butt out there and workout as hard as you can. I do heavy weight 3 times a week and legs 2 times a week then on the 4th day I do light weight for each body part. It works for meand I have gone from a mere 190lbs to a muscle bound 250lbs. So I am doing something right just hang there and just go for it!!!!!!!!!!!

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    wow 60lbs of gain? that's intense, I'm 49 hovering around 225 with decent BF. congrats man just don't forget to hit up the cardio, old farts like us need to keep the pump in good shape

RickyReed is offline New Member
    I believe in that I hit it 30 minutes after my workout and 15 minutes before my workout, I also do 300 crunches before the workout and if I have the will power and I do because I push myself I do another 200 at the end of the workout. Yet I need a good diet do you have any suggestions?

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    Good job and I agree that being in your 40's is certainly no excuse. I am 45 now and would have to say that when I hit 40 I had the best physique in my life. I am 45 now and still going strong.

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    Hey guys! I'm 49 myself, and have tried to stay in decent shape my whole life. Don't get me wrong. I'm not ripped to shreds or anything. But in the last few years I decided to really hit the weights hard. And now I'm probably in the best shape of my life! I'm 180lbs 5'11" tall with approximately 17% BF. Not to blow my own horn, but I feel dam good about myself. I could say, I only wish I would have become serious about my body years ago. But today is all we have and I'm glad I'm able to make the most of it. Thanks for inspiring me fellows!

Thread Information