Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By Cylon357
  • 2 Post By Cuz
  • 2 Post By lovbyts
  • 3 Post By wango
  • 1 Post By davimeireles
  • 1 Post By Cuz

Thread: Longevity Calculator-is this a good gauge? 1 glass of wine per day adds 2.2 more yrs?

  1. #1
    NiceGuyResearcher is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    265

    Longevity Calculator-is this a good gauge? 1 glass of wine per day adds 2.2 more yrs?

    Longevity Calculator (the following)-is this a good gauge?

    The link is way at the bottom of this

    It could be one of those retirement scenarios, to get one interested in their retirement investments

    But, it was developed by 1 or more professors who went to the Wharton School of Business in PA which is a very good schooll

    1 glass of wine per day adds 2.2 more yrs?

    It really says alcohol? I failed that part of it, because I don't drink, but will consider drinking 1 glass of white wine per day (for 7 per week) if it would add 2.2 years more to my life

    You may note it does ask marriage and after I replied single never married, it never said "hey, if you were married you'd add 5 more years to your life" Lol... It's probably debateable whether single or lonely people and married people live longer LoL, it probably evens out?

    I do know that people who have pets like a dog or cat, live longer, cos they give unconditional love. In fact, in my research, I've learned that cat ownership reduces heart attacks by 40%

    Ok, if you have some time, take the tests or let me know if this is a good meter of life expectancy

    As usual, I hope my niceguyresearch has helped others.




    https://www.blueprintincome.com/tool...g-will-i-live/

  2. #2
    Cylon357's Avatar
    Cylon357 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    AKA "Nice Guy Cy"
    Posts
    1,406
    Blog Entries
    1
    I did it. It gave me a 50% chance of making it to 96, 75% chance to 87 and a 25% of making it to 102.

    All that said, it is not overly scientific and seems to be more geared towards selling investment services.

    Just one man's observation...
    NiceGuyResearcher and lovbyts like this.

  3. #3
    Cuz's Avatar
    Cuz
    Cuz is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    No source checks
    Posts
    6,895
    Its for entertainment purposes only, no medical history questions related to the individual or familys history. It was almost respectable until it asked annual income…lost me on that one. Dont have to be rich to live healthy.
    My expectancy is 94, which is what my grandfather lived…but he didnt take aas and was up evrry morning at sunrise cycling and walking.

  4. #4
    NiceGuyResearcher is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Its for entertainment purposes only, no medical history questions related to the individual or familys history. It was almost respectable until it asked annual income…lost me on that one. Dont have to be rich to live healthy.
    My expectancy is 94, which is what my grandfather lived…but he didnt take aas and was up evrry morning at sunrise cycling and walking.
    If you don't mind me asking,
    Did your Grandfather, Cuz, God rest his Soul, drink a glass of wine (with diner) or a small amount of alcohol every day?
    Do you?

    I forget if it was 20-20 or 60 minutes, which both politically may be right in the middle and truly like neutral or independent, did a special program in like 2008 mentioning that the red wine being healthy for a person is actually a myth because it takes an unrealistic amount of red wine per day, too much to consume in 1 day, to be beneficial to one's health

    The research on cancer and how to avoid it is that people should avoid cigarettes and alcohol
    In fact, I just got up & looked at my mail and there's a reminder donation notice from The American Cancer Society and it lists:
    (start)
    Nearly half of all cancer deaths are preventable:
    -avoidng alcohol
    -not using tobacco products
    -getting plenty of physical activity
    -earting healthy with plenty of fruits vegetables & whole grains
    -avoiding the midday sun & protecting skin w a hat,shirt, sunglasses & broad-spectrum sunscreen
    -getting recomme nded cancer sceening tests
    (end)

    You don't have to answer if your too busy, etc.,
    I might have to do more research on this myself
    I don't see how an investment company would have a stake in the alcohol business

    thanks

  5. #5
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,830
    Mime says 91 estimated. 75% to 83. I expect around 85 to 86. Mom made 86. Dad only around 78 but had diabetes and had his first stroke 2 years after retiring. He was a workaholic and never vacationed. I work only to vacation so my body and mind is use to not having to work/think 24/7.

    If it asked about past surgeries I would probably already be 6ft under. lol
    paulzane and Cylon357 like this.

  6. #6
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    2,342
    Nice draw to get you interested in their retirement advice.

    Regarding alcohol, if you drink one-two glasses of wine instead of a six pack of beer, you will likely be slimmer and more healthy. If you prefer wine, itís likely you wonít be slamming chips, pretzels or nachos at the same time either. Wine doesnít match up with shots of whiskey or tequila, and if you love/value the taste of the wine, you sure ainít going to f up your taste buds with cigarettes either. Itís like healthy breakfast cereal. It ainít the cereal thatís so incredible, but the fact that youíre not eating 2-3 whole eggs, bacon and adding butter to your toast.

    IF youíre pulling the trigger on alcohol, who the heck wants to stop at 1-2 glasses anyways?

    Itís got me living to 93, ainít happening

  7. #7
    NiceGuyResearcher is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    265
    In a book on heart health, I've quoted elsewhere, here it is again "The Simple Heart Cure," by Chauncy Crandall

    (i have no stake or interest in this book)

    Those who live long lives live "regimented" lives like being able to eat small portions and then stop (maybe stop the appetite for more with the aid of an apple or a table of peanut butter)?

    I was watching a documentary Dr Hunter on Dennis Hopper who I'm a fan of, he didn't want to have his prostate removed 10 + or more years before his death because of the risk of impotence / ED.....and he had only recently at the time, married a pretty girl 30 + years his junior

    That's the trade off

    Enjoyment vs. Longevity

    I'd think someone who works in the Insurance industry would know of a better life expectancy calculator lol

  8. #8
    davimeireles is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,738
    Blog Entries
    1
    I live my life without caring about tomorrow, because I leave tomorrow in God's hands! My friend recently discovered breast cancer and is on her deathbed despite having played sports all her life, life is like a game of chess, today we are here, tomorrow belongs to God.

    And a question, are steroids like an evil seed in our cells that can take a toll on our health in the future? I don't think bodybuilding is about health, it's about athletic performance. This is just my opinion, who plan on living long shouldn't take steroids Imho
    NiceGuyResearcher likes this.

  9. #9
    Cuz's Avatar
    Cuz
    Cuz is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    No source checks
    Posts
    6,895
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuyResearcher View Post
    If you don't mind me asking,
    Did your Grandfather, Cuz, God rest his Soul, drink a glass of wine (with diner) or a small amount of alcohol every day?
    Do you?

    I forget if it was 20-20 or 60 minutes, which both politically may be right in the middle and truly like neutral or independent, did a special program in like 2008 mentioning that the red wine being healthy for a person is actually a myth because it takes an unrealistic amount of red wine per day, too much to consume in 1 day, to be beneficial to one's health

    The research on cancer and how to avoid it is that people should avoid cigarettes and alcohol
    In fact, I just got up & looked at my mail and there's a reminder donation notice from The American Cancer Society and it lists:
    (start)
    Nearly half of all cancer deaths are preventable:
    -avoidng alcohol
    -not using tobacco products
    -getting plenty of physical activity
    -earting healthy with plenty of fruits vegetables & whole grains
    -avoiding the midday sun & protecting skin w a hat,shirt, sunglasses & broad-spectrum sunscreen
    -getting recomme nded cancer sceening tests
    (end)

    You don't have to answer if your too busy, etc.,
    I might have to do more research on this myself
    I don't see how an investment company would have a stake in the alcohol business

    thanks
    I dont think the man ever drank an ounce of alcohol. Solid as a rock, korean war vet. Now my dad, rest his soul..was a raging alcoholic
    NiceGuyResearcher likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •