tigerbait321 is offline New Member

"European" vs "American" PCT opinions

Hows it going yall?

I have a few questions about PCT "variations". I'm considering cycling again (will be my 2nd) and wanted to get some opinions. After doing some reading, this is the generalization that I've seen as far as cycles go....

"American" - longer cycles (10-12 weeks), packing on massive amount of calories, and starting PCT approx. 2 weeks after last injection (depending on ester length of course)

"European" - shorter cycles (6-8 weeks), lots of calories, but taking Nolva/Clomid starting at week 2 and continuing until a week after the cycle. I assume that their reasoning behind this is to suppress the Estrogen over the course of the cycle, instead of "all at once"??

I'm not looking to start an arguement, or get flamed. These are NOT my opinions, just reiterating what I've read. I'd like to hear your opinion, if you have one, on the subject. From reading these forums it looks like about 95% of you go with the "American" PCT approach (which is what I did on my first cycle).

Anyway, question number 2:

I'm 22
    180 lbs
    Lifting 4 years
    Approx 14% body fat

The cycle I'm considering is a mild one:

375 mg test e weekly for 8 wks
    possibly d-bol for the first 4 wks

I realize that test doesn't get fully saturated into the blood (as in really kicking in) for a few weeks. And I know this is a short cycle, but I'm a pretty easy gainer, I have excellent results with very mild dosages. So what do you think about the above cycle?

I've got access to nolva (tamoxifin Citrate) and clomid. What dosages would you recommend for the above cycle, and would you recommend the "American" or "European" approach?

I'm here to learn guys, I'm not going to pretend like I'm a genius. So please, lend a fella a helping hand and let me know what you think.

thanks in advance!

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    Well first off, It is my opinion that you are still a bit to young to cycle. What is your height? Secondly, nolva nor clomid will NOT suppress estro. You would need an AI for that. Nolva simply occupies the estro receptors in the breast tissue.

graeme87 is offline Member
    I live in Europe and I’ve never heard of anyone cycling or running PCT like that.

You should run an AI throughout the cycle to keep estrogen down and prevent sides then start a strong 4 week PCT.

So of the two options you have given go with the “American” way but I really don’t know how you classified them as American and European cycles.

Also length of cycle depends on the compounds, dose used, desired results, experience etc.

Is this your first cycle? I’m guessing not since you said

“I'm a pretty easy gainer, I have excellent results with very mild dosages.”

I’d like to know what your previous cycle experience is and what results you got because I’d say 375mg of test e is a low dose even for a first cycle, it also doesn’t fully kick in till week 4/5 so 8 weeks really isn’t an ideal amount of time to run it.

I’d go with:

Test e 500mg EW for 10-12 weeks (12 if it were me)
    Dbol 30mg ED for 4 weeks
    AI (I like arimidex ) ED during cycle and up until PCT

PCT should be 4 maybe 5 weeks starting 2 weeks after last injection.

graeme87 is offline Member
    Also at 180lbs and 14% bf you’re not ready to cycle, you could gain a lot more mass naturally unless you’re about 5 feet tall.

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Quote Originally Posted by tboney View Post
    Well first off, It is my opinion that you are still a bit to young to cycle. What is your height? Secondly, nolva nor clomid will NOT suppress estro. You would need an AI for that. Nolva simply occupies the estro receptors in the breast tissue.
    ...x2

tigerbait321 is offline New Member
    I'm 5'9

This would be my 2nd cycle, the first was sustaplex 250, I made lots of novice mistakes (ex only injecting once per week, and at a low dosage of 250 mg) and I still gained about 15 lbs, and kept 10 with CRAP pct. I'm embarrassed to say it, but the only PCT I took was garbage Gaspari Novedex. I didn't really have any issues afterwards, but I definitely want to do it right this time around.

I'm definitely trying to learn from your suggestions and knowledge. I really want to keep this discrete, so I'd be fine with just gaining about 15 pounds. I think 400 mgs a week will suffice if I made acceptable gains at 250 mg a week using sustanon incorrectly.

How does this sound...

Test E 400 mgs a week for 10 wks
    Arimiplex ED @ (HOW MANY MGS A DAY???) throughout the cycle
    Nolva 40/40/20/20 - starting 14 days after last injection
    Clomid 50/50/25/25 - starting 14 days after injection

Once again guys, I'm all ears, never too proud to ask for help. I really do appreciate your know how and suggestions!

Thread Information