Bwen is offline New Member

Doc said I had a stroke 5 days into PCT

I ended up having a "stroke" on christmas. I was setting up some fireworks for company when I noticed I could not walk straight/off balance/slurred speech. I came back inside and fell asleep on the couch right away.
    When company was about to show up I was woken up to go clean up but ended up falling asleep in my room for another couple hours. This is what I was told. I blacked out during this time.
    Anyways I was sent to the hospital by ambulance and ended up having a ct scan. Everything came out normal except for blood pressure and my memory. Blood pressure was 180/70. I have been doing blood pressure checks on my own over the last couple weeks during cycle and was 132 over 66ish.

Anyways I told the doctor everything. test E for 10 weeks following nolvadex /clomid. She blamed everything on those 3 drugs claiming that they have a severly high chance of stroke. I tried to explain that I need to finish my PCT or I would have other problems but the doctor would not listen to me.

I think that this would have happened drugs or not. For all I know I had a clot to begin with. I doubt nolvadex would clot in 5 days?

On asprin a day now... what should I do?

wharton is offline out of here
    I dont think theres anyone on the site qualified to answer this bro, What the doc is saying is it could of accelerated the chance of stroke Not that it caused it all or everyone on the site would have them. Health comes first, All you can do is go for a second opinion. Rest and Get well soon brother.

Crushenator is offline Junior Member
    I've done some research although do not substitute my Advise for a Doctors!

Tamoxifen was not linked to increased stroke risk in a study that I read but rather on the contrary it often had Hypotensive (low blood pressure) effects due to inhibition of 'Protein Kinase C'

Users of Clomiphene Citrate have been found to have hypertension and sometimes even embolism/stroke however their is no known 'cause and effect' relationship for this.

Did you get an Angiography done? This would illustrate wether or not you have a congenital defect that could make you more prone such as absence of one or both of your Posterior communicating arteries or hypoplasia to any degree in your brain.

as for 'What you should do'. PCT will help you keep your gains but your testosterone production will recover slowly anyway. I'd be more concerned about staying alive than keeping gains, if you are an individual who is hypersensitive to any of the 2 aforementioned compounds.

If you really wanted to do PCT you could just self monitor your blood pressure very aggresively as that is the most apparent cause of cerebral infarction.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    second opinion

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    sorry to ehar that mate, yeah def get a second opinion. hope all goes well for you.

Every site I looked at showed that nolvadex increases the chance of stroke to about 0.75% over the course of 5 years. All seems a little wierd. I'm trying to book another apt with a different doctor in a couple days so I will cut out pct in the meantime

What other pct drugs would you guys recommend that don't pose a stroke side effect?

Thread Information