Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank

*Updated PCT Start Times, PLEASE READ*

After reviewing Pheendo's Half Life thread from 2004 I've come to the conclusion that it is VERY outdated and people need to read and comprehend some new material.

This information was created by William Llewellyn's ANABOLICS 9th Edition; the newest version out yet. Keep this bumped as much as possible please.

Active Half-Life

Oral steroids

Anadrol / Anapolan50 (oxymetholone) 8-9 hours
    Anavar (oxandrolone) 9 hours
    Dianabol (methandrostenolone , methandienone) 4.5 - 6 hours
    Methyltestosterone 4 days
    Winstrol (stanozolol ) 9 hours
    (tablets or depot taken orally)

Depot steroids

Deca -durabolin (Nandrolone decanate) 15 days
    Equipoise 14 days
    Finaject (trenbolone acetate) 3 days
    Primobolan (methenolone enanthate ) 10.5 days
    Sustanon or Omnadren 15 - 18 days
    Testosterone Cypionate 12 days
    Testosterone Enanthate 10.5 days
    Testosterone Propionate 4.5 days
    Testosterone Suspension 1 day

* Winstrol (stanozolol) 1 day (Technically Stan Depot does not have a half-life simply due to the fact that it's UN-ESTRIFIED! It contains microcrystals that will dissolve slowly and once they've all dissolved the levels of the hormone will fall pretty rapidly)

Steroid esters

Formate 1.5 days
    Acetate 3 days
    Propionate 4.5 days
    Phenylpropionate 4.5 days
    Butyrate 6 days
    Valerate 7 days
    Hexanoate 9 days
    Caproate 9 days
    Isocaproate 9 days
    Heptanoate 10 days
    Enanthate 10.5 days
    Octanoate 12 days
    Cypionate 12 days
    Nonanoate 13.5 days
    Decanoate 15days
    Undecanoate 16.5 days

Ancillaries

Arimidex 3 days
    Letrozole 2 days
    Aromasin 27 hours
    Clenbuterol 1.5 days
    Clomid 5 days
    Cytadren 6 hours
    Ephedrine 6 hours
    T3 10 hours

Below is a post that should be taken into consideration thanks to Swifto.

"****The dose of the androgen should also determine this.*******"

If you took 2 bodybuilders, 1 on 500mg/wk Test Enan and the other on 2500mg/wk Test Enan, in 14 days time the 500mg/wk bodybuilders total T will be far less than the 2500mg/wk bodybuilder. Therefore changing the PCT start time.
    -Swifto"
    Last edited by HawaiianPride.; 10-20-2010 at 09:43 AM.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Nice post.

The dose of the androgen should also determine this IMHO.

If you took 2 bodybuilders, 1 on 500mg/wk Test Enan and the other on 2500mg/wk Test Enan, in 14 days time the 500mg/wk bodybuilders total T will be far less than the 2500mg/wk bodybuilder. Therefore changing the PCT start time.

PC650 is offline Senior Member
    awesome post....

Thanks for pointing that out Swifto, and I'm in accord with that idea thoroughly. If you have anything else to add that has correlation and will benefit to the thread, please feel free.

lifterjaydawg is offline Senior Member
    very good info

bodybuilder is offline Senior Member
    bump

b
    u
    m
    p

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Solid post.

^^^^

awms is offline Senior Member
    So if the active half life of test cyp is 12 days does that mean only half of it is out of your system in 12 days or all of it? I started my pct at day 14.

digismash is offline Associate Member
    bump

powerws is offline Associate Member
    Bump

HoRuS is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by awms View Post
    So if the active half life of test cyp is 12 days does that mean only half of it is out of your system in 12 days or all of it? I started my pct at day 14.
    A drug's half-life is determined by finding out how long it takes a medication or drug to be eliminated from blood plasma by one half of its strength. The drug's half-life is usually measured by looking at how medications degrade when they are administered via injection. Theoretically, one dose of a drug administered by injection could be measured by looking at blood levels to see when the drug has reached half strength.

So what your saying is cyp will not be 100% out of the system until day 24? so then why start pct on day 14? doesnt make alot of sens to me?

zoltans4 is offline Junior Member
    So what your saying is cyp will not be 100% out of the system until day 24? so then why start pct on day 14? doesnt make alot of sens to me?
    no, its HALF life. if you had 100% day 1 with a 12 day half life in 12 days you would have 50% and 24 days you would have 25%.
    from Pharmacology class we were told to use 5 half lives as a consideration of the drug no longer present, or more that there isn't enough of the drug to do anything basically.
    That doesn't answer your total question tho. I belive you start PCT at the half life of the drug to start ramping your bodys OWN testoserone BEFORE you fall completely to nothing and have ED...
    I would like clarification if Test E and C are still considered 2 weeks to start PCT or if 12 weeks should be used.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by zoltans4 View Post
    no, its HALF life. if you had 100% day 1 with a 12 day half life in 12 days you would have 50% and 24 days you would have 25%.
    from Pharmacology class we were told to use 5 half lives as a consideration of the drug no longer present, or more that there isn't enough of the drug to do anything basically.
    That doesn't answer your total question tho. I belive you start PCT at the half life of the drug to start ramping your bodys OWN testoserone BEFORE you fall completely to nothing and have ED...
    I would like clarification if Test E and C are still considered 2 weeks to start PCT or if 12 weeks should be used.
    thats a good reason... but thinking about it...

would half a drug still in your system be enough to prevent the serms from working?

HoRuS is offline Junior Member
    You need to start PCT before all the exogenous Test is out of your body. Your natural Test production will be shut down and you need to give it a kick start before you crash and feel like shit. If you wait until all the exogenous Test is out of your body before starting PCT then you will crash badly and lose some of your gains while you are waiting for your natural Test levels to get back to normal. What you have done is right.

Ok ok this makes soooo much more sens to me now! thank you so much guys I always was confused by this!

I am just about to go into week 2 of my pct (21 days after last shot) and I feel like my balls are starting to come back...they have grown about 20% bigger then they were last week and Im starting to feel alot better (not as tired) so hopfully by week 4 my balls are back 90-100% of what they were before cycle.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i just started pct 18 days after test cyp. Am i going to die???? when is pct start time for mdrol??

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    i just started pct 18 days after test cyp. Am i going to die???? Yes. when is pct start time for mdrol?? Doesn't matter, you'll be dead by then.
    My condolences for your loss.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    what a load off my chest hp! thnx bud.

pp

Considering is offline Junior Member
    I wish I read this about 6 weeks ago. I started PCT 21 days after a taking 1 shot of 1200mg of a t400 product that had 200mg's of decatest per ml. I ran 800mg's a week of cyp for 7 weeks before the last shot. Everything seemed to have turned out fine though.

Take heed to Swift's post though bud^^ PCT start times will differ depending on certain variables such as yours.

CMB
    CMB is offline Senior Member
    Anybody know the pct start time for h-drol ? I assume its 24hrs.

Bump!

BennyLom is offline Associate Member
    bumps

bigpapabuff is offline Senior Member
    very good info

Juiceman211 is offline New Member
    AndThanks for the great info HP,

For me after 10 weeks on enan going mon and thurs, I will be starting week 12 on mon of clomid 50/50/50/50 and nolva 40/40/20/20. How do I take the doses clomid in the am and nolva in the pm?

Doesn't matter the time of day. Can be upon waking, between meals, with meals, PWO, before bed, ect.

bntz305 is offline New Member
    ::::::::::::BUMP::::::::::::::

Great infO...........

Bump.

I'd like to add for those who don't fully grasp half lives.

A practical example is if one was to inject 100mg of Test Prop and allow blood levels to peak. In 4.5 days time (half-life duration from the original post) and providing no other injections had taken place, the level would be reduced to 50mg. Again, a further 4.5 days down the line and levels would have dropped to 25mg, and the value keeps halving every 4.5 days.

PistolStarta is offline Senior Member
    excellent, and easily readable.

Deepseadvr101 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post
    b
    u
    m
    p
    your arms are sick bra i want mine to look like that any helpfull hints for an Oahu guy loooking for the guns FAST hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Deepseadvr101 View Post
    your arms are sick bra i want mine to look like that any helpfull hints for an Oahu guy loooking for the guns FAST hahaha
    Those aren't my arms but if you want to slang some guns around, stick to the 3 tried and true methods of growing muscle..

1. Eat right!
    2. Train hard!
    3. Sleep properly!

Hey this should replace the other start time, or make this a sticky! Bump!

Let do a little bump again!

Malbolgia is offline Junior Member
    Bump

I've ran PCT before on numerous cycles, but this has thrown me a little. I'm about to begin my next cycle for 12-16 weeks:
    Test at 500-600mg a week
    Tren 75mg EOD
    And it's my first go around with Ananvar, I'll start with 40mg/day split into two doses.

Should I stick with standard protocol, or does this new information change my start time?

Well I don't know what your standard protocol is but the OP would be a great guide to follow regardless. It's very up to date and accurate.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I agree with what others have said, that there can be a lot of variables in how long a substance remains dependent on physiology and amount/duration of usage. That said I just completed my first cycle (4 weeks) of Tren A / Test Suspension, being 55 I knew my metabolism would likely be slower than others. After reading what others said about PCT and clearence time, I took my last shot of Tren on the of the 9th and my last shot of TNE on the 11th. On the 12th I began my PCT I upped my dosage of L-Dex to 1mg per day as well as starting Torem at 60mg per day. On the first day of PCT I could still see a far amount of AAS byproducts in my urine, however by the 14th my urine had returned to precycle clarity so I assume they had cleared my body almost completely. The day before starting PCT I was feeling a little run down and depressed today 3 days later I hooked up with my 43 yr old nieghbor, at 55 and 3 days into PCT I had no problems with desire or erection, although I had no desire to try for a repeat performance like we had last time on the test, what I am trying to say here is that even at my old ass age and using compounds (tren) and quantities 60mg ed) I had no business incorporating into a first cycle, so far I am very happy with my Post Cycle Therapy . Also I had a preexisting problem of either gyno or psuedogyno, and during the last 13 days of my cycle my nips started to get a little tender ( this is when I started the L-Dex) by the end of the cycle the tenderness had mostly subsided and now with the addition of the Torem the size/amount of breast/adipose? tissue is beggining to decline day by day.

After I get another week into PCT and if the improvement continues, I am going to make a gyno log with weekly pics, so others with simalar problems can get an idea of what they may see with Torem since I think a lot of members may be concerned about the greater possiblity of ocular sides of Novladex.

I would also like to take the time to thank HP for his concern and taking the time to answer my questions and PMs during the first weeks of the cycle, without his help I would not have had an AI on hand when the nipple tenderness started and that could have been ugly.
    Last edited by Far from massive; 10-15-2010 at 03:08 PM.

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    iF I am not mistaken you should be starting PCT 18 days after last pin not 14 if using tes cyp.
    Sorry I guess that was the whole point of this thread "NEW INFO" nevermind!!!
    Testosterone Cypionate 12 days
    Last edited by Sicko; 10-15-2010 at 04:11 PM. Reason: A.D.D.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information