Jimbo1977 is offline New Member

HCG : Is it worth it?

In the past I have used HCG in small dosages throughout cycle to prevent testicular atrophy or at the end of the cycle just before the start of PCT. In my exerience I find that this does indeed either prevert shrinkage or get them back up to size depening on the methodology used. The problem I find is this:-

1. Within about a week of cessetation of HCG they shrink back down again and remain that way until PCT has cleared. So my question is there any point in using it at all?

However from reading up on the drug it seems logically to include it in my cycles since it stimulates the Leydig cells in the testes to produce testosterone by mimicking Leutenizing Hormone. But having atrophied testicles for most of PCT seems to contradict using it in the first place.

2. Another question is that there are artcicles out there that state that IGF-LR3 will also prevent shrinkage or bring them back in the same way. I have never found this to be true. The IGF-LR3 I have used is definately real. Has anyone else found this to be true?

Thanks in advance

ithunk is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo1977 View Post
    In the past I have used HCG in small dosages throughout cycle to prevent testicular atrophy or at the end of the cycle just before the start of PCT. In my exerience I find that this does indeed either prevert shrinkage or get them back up to size depening on the methodology used. The problem I find is this:-

1. Within about a week of cessetation of HCG they shrink back down again and remain that way until PCT has cleared. So my question is there any point in using it at all?

However from reading up on the drug it seems logically to include it in my cycles since it stimulates the Leydig cells in the testes to produce testosterone by mimicking Leutenizing Hormone. But having atrophied testicles for most of PCT seems to contradict using it in the first place.

2. Another question is that there are artcicles out there that state that IGF-LR3 will also prevent shrinkage or bring them back in the same way. I have never found this to be true. The IGF-LR3 I have used is definately real. Has anyone else found this to be true?

Thanks in advance
    HCG is PCT thats it

Jimbo1977 is offline New Member
    I was thinking of doing this myself i.e. using HCG from the start of PCT instead of finishing the course just before, but what puts me of is that I have read that it will further inhibit the recovery process.

I quote "HCG administration post-cycle is common practice among bodybuilders in the belief that it will aid the natural testosterone recovery, but this theory is unfounded and also counterproductive. The rapid rise in both testosterone, and thus oestrogen due to aromatisation, from the administration of HCG causes further inhibition of the HPTA (Hypothalamic/Pituitary/Testicular Axis - feedback loop discussed above); this actually worsens the recovery situation. HCG does not restore the natural testosterone production."

So you do this yourself and find it to be ok? I was thinking if perhaps HCG was used for the first three weeks along side with Nolvadex, which is continued for a further three weeks then this should be ok.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Here is my question, and I am new so I don't pretend to have the answers but reading what you say, that when you used HCG throught your cycle in small doses ( the way most are advising using HCG now) that after cessation and beginning PCT you suffered atrophy till the PCT had cleared. I just got HCG to use on my next cycle, my last cycle I suffered atrophy that did not clear till week 3 of a 4 week PCT so putting aside for a moment any benefit from HCG's affect on the lydig cells wouldn't you rather have shrunken nuts for 4 weeks of PCT instead of say 6 weeks of an 8 week cycle plus 2 of PCT for a total of 8 Weeks?

FFM

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo1977 View Post

Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by ithunk View Post
    HCG is PCT thats it
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...-it&highlight=

You might find that thread interesting.

Thread Information