By now I've read so many articles on HCG , with so many different recommendations regarding dosage, start/stop time, etc., that I'm completely confused and unsure what's best for my upcoming cycle.

The two main theories I've encountered go something like this:

Take a low dose (250-500IU) of HCG throughout your entire cycle, stopping just before beginning clomid/nolvadex .

Take a moderate dose (500-1000IU) of HCG during the last 3-4 weeks of your cycle, stopping just before beginning clomid/nolvadex.

The first approach stresses the importance of maintaining normal testicular function from the beginining and throughout one's cycle, rather than trying to deal with the issue towards the end. The doses are smaller, while the duration is much longer than the second approach.

The second approach seems to see a more limited role for HCG as a PCT drug to help restore normal testicular function and test production as you prepare to come off, and eventually do come off AAS, especially in the interim period between the cessation of AAS and the beginning of clomid/nolva.

For those who use HCG, I'm wondering when you begin taking it, for how long, and at what dosage. I'm thinking about taking 1000IU per week for the last four weeks of my cycle, and during the two weeks after I come off, stopping just before I begin taking clomid and nolva. Does this sound like a good approach?

Thanks,

TOkidd