kirkjamest is offline Junior Member

Post PCT bloodwork

So, finished my first cycle in January and did PCT 75/50/50/50 of clomid and 40/20/20/20 of Nolvadex . I waited 7 weeks after last dose of PCT to draw bloods and found some interesting results.

My TSH went from 3.180 (baseline before cycle) to 4.888. The limits are .45-4.5 uIU/mL so its flagged as HIGH.
    FSH went from 8.2(baseline before cycle) to 8.4. Range is normal 1.5-12.4 mIU/mL
    LH went from 7.9 (baseline before cycle) to 8.2. Range is normal 1.7-8.6 mIU/mL
    Thyroxine (T4) jumped from 8.0 to 9.2. Range is 4.5-12.0 uG/dL
    T3 uptake jumped from 28 to 36. Range is 24-39.
    Free thyroxine index went from 2.2 to 3.3. Range is 1.2-4.9
    Triiodothyronine T3 went from 115 to 109. Range is 71-180.

Thyroid antibodies didn't change and are all within normal. So, question is, why would my TSH increase so much?

Any btw, my baseline T increased by 20 points from 524 to 544 and the free T rose 2.5 points from 10.8 to 13.3.

My conclusion is my system is still being affected somewhat by the PCT meds.

Anyone have any thoughts?

canadian77 is offline Junior Member
    Quick question.

What did your cycle actually look like? Did you take anything like Clen , T3, etc? Having these values without knowing what you did on cycle is hard to speculate.

The cycle was Test Cypionate 200 mg twice a week for 12 weeks. I'm 49 years old and that was my first successful cycle. I used 250 iu HCG 2X/week and arimidex the entire time.

so no on the Clen or T3 or anything else. Just the AAS and those two ancillaries. Then of course the PCT I posted bove. Clomid 75/50/50/50 and Nolvadex 40/20/20/20.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkjamest View Post
    so no on the Clen or T3 or anything else. Just the AAS and those two ancillaries. Then of course the PCT I posted bove. Clomid 75/50/50/50 and Nolvadex 40/20/20/20.
    Looks like Clomid can affect the thyroid (particularly TSH) for a short period of time.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/104516

Apparently Nolva can affect the thyroid in certain ways as well.
    https://www.researchgate.net/publica...function_tests

Since you were on it for 4 weeks straight, is it definitely possible you are still having some effects from it. I would wait another 6 weeks and get it tested again. Both drugs stay in your system for quite some time due to their long half lives.

As long as you "feel okay", then at this time I wouldn't worry about it. My TSH got kicked into high gear one time years ago from taking ephedrine pills and it stayed dangerously high for about 2 months causing heart palpitations, tachycardia, dizziness, etc... it eventually regulated itself and returned to normal.

Wow, I'm glad you pulled through that 2months of suffering, sounds like it was a rough time. Thank you for your responses as well. I figure this may be due to the drugs long half lives. I ran the numbers on the half lives and it appears I still have .675mg of the clomid in my system as of the day of the blood test and a little over .2 mg of nolvadex in my system. These are pretty powerful drugs and do have a direct effect on the Pituitary gland so hopefully this is what is going on.

Its kind of a bummer because I want to do another cycle after the proper resting time, but don't particularly want to now until this is resolved. It could be that I'm just gettin old and my Thyroid is burning out too so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkjamest View Post
    Wow, I'm glad you pulled through that 2months of suffering, sounds like it was a rough time. Thank you for your responses as well. I figure this may be due to the drugs long half lives. I ran the numbers on the half lives and it appears I still have .675mg of the clomid in my system as of the day of the blood test and a little over .2 mg of nolvadex in my system. These are pretty powerful drugs and do have a direct effect on the Pituitary gland so hopefully this is what is going on.

Its kind of a bummer because I want to do another cycle after the proper resting time, but don't particularly want to now until this is resolved. It could be that I'm just gettin old and my Thyroid is burning out too so who knows.
    Yeah it was rough. I thought I had permanently damaged my heart. I kept going to the hospital thinking I was having heart attacks. Haven't had any issues since other than I can't drink more than 1 cup of coffee per day without getting the mega jitters.

I think your thyroid is probably fine after looking at your baseline levels, just wait a little bit loner for the drugs to clear! Remember that even after I stopped taking the ephedrine, the effect on my thyroid lasted a solid 2 months. Ephedrine has a half life of 3-6 hours.... so it does take time.

Thread Information