Stumbo is offline Senior Member

Any advise on taking better pics?

I have some gear i was trying to post up some pics of, however I cant seem to get a clear shot. Im using my girlfriends sony 5mp (I think its called the 45s or somthing?) I see a lot of images that have the same issue. Big, high resolution images, with unledgible text or focusing issues.

Any advise? Whats the best settings on the camera for these types of images?

Bratty4him is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumbo
    I have some gear i was trying to post up some pics of, however I cant seem to get a clear shot. Im using my girlfriends sony 5mp (I think its called the 45s or somthing?) I see a lot of images that have the same issue. Big, high resolution images, with unledgible text or focusing issues.

Any advise? Whats the best settings on the camera for these types of images?
    Use the macro mode which is usually marked with a pic of a flower. And try and turn the flash off. This will slow the shutter speed, so you won't be able to hold the camera unless on a tripod or just put it on a table.

MichaelCC is offline Senior Member
    you don't need to take a pics with the higher resolution (5MPix) - I think resolution 1600x1200 is prety enough to see the details - of course don't forget to use macro mode, try to fit the object in the middle of you pic and take the pics from the closest distance your camera is possible to focus in ..

Thread Information