Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 3 Post By Couchlockd
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By kelkel
  • 2 Post By Couchlockd
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: This NPP looks strange, as if it partially solidified or crystallized. What happened?

  1. #1
    alvin is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    29

    This NPP looks strange, as if it partially solidified or crystallized. What happened?

    I have purchased test from them before and that went fine. I have friends that have purchased a variety of things from them and vouch for their legitimacy.

    The NPP with the black lid looks like how I expected it. The two NPP vials with the red lids seem like they started to solidify or crystallize. It's almost as if they are partially frozen, but everything I have stays in a room that is between 65 and 70 degrees all of the time.

    Any clue what happened here, and if I would be justified in asking for replacements?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NPP4.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	128.8 KB 
ID:	181630
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NPP3.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	107.5 KB 
ID:	181631
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NPP2.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	181632

  2. #2
    SampsonandDelilah's Avatar
    SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Cocina
    Posts
    4,208
    It’s just “crashed”. Actually can be seen as a good sign, because it actually has hormones in it.

    Try running it under hot water and shaking it vigorously. If that doesn’t work, put about 2” of water in a sauce pan and place a needle down into the stopper (to vent) and let it get a slow boil going. Rotate in and out every 45 seconds and shake it vigorously again. Repeat until the hormone goes back into the solution.

    You could certainly ask for a replacement but I’ve had pharma gear crash on me too…it’s not uncommon
    almostgone likes this.

  3. #3
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    26,319
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    It’s just “crashed”. Actually can be seen as a good sign, because it actually has hormones in it.

    Try running it under hot water and shaking it vigorously. If that doesn’t work, put about 2” of water in a sauce pan and place a needle down into the stopper (to vent) and let it get a slow boil going. Rotate in and out every 45 seconds and shake it vigorously again. Repeat until the hormone goes back into the solution.

    You could certainly ask for a replacement but I’ve had pharma gear crash on me too…it’s not uncommon

    Exactly. Most pharma testosterone either has an insert with instructions regarding what to do if it crashes. It is sometimes on the outside of the box as well
    This often happens in the winter months.

    As long as the NPP concentration is 100mg/ml up to maybe 150mg/ml it should go back into solution without much difficulty provided proper solvent ratios we're used.

    I'd try S&D's instructions before contacting your source for replacement.
    Last edited by almostgone; 01-29-2022 at 01:18 PM.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  4. #4
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    4,355
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Exactly. Most pharma testosterone either has an insert with instructions regarding what to do if it crashes. It is sometimes on the outside of the box as well
    This often happens in the winter months.

    As long as the NPP concentration is 100mg/ml up to maybe 159mg/ml it should go back into solution without much difficulty provided proper solvent ratios we're used.

    I'd try S&D's instructions before contacting your source for replacement.
    Look at this fucking guy talking line he knows what up.

    BOO!!

    I ain't dead yet not yet.

    (Sorry for taking the third off topic and this is just playful banter this guy does know what's up)

    Howdy.

  5. #5
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    26,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Look at this fucking guy talking line he knows what up.

    BOO!!

    I ain't dead yet not yet.

    (Sorry for taking the third off topic and this is just playful banter this guy does know what's up)

    Howdy.
    Hola, Couch! Man, I am so glad to see that avatar active again! You made my day!
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  6. #6
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    30,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Look at this fucking guy talking line he knows what up.

    BOO!!

    I ain't dead yet not yet.

    (Sorry for taking the third off topic and this is just playful banter this guy does know what's up)

    Howdy.

    Damn, bringing out the dead!

    Good to see you back around!!
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  7. #7
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    4,355
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Damn, bringing out the dead!

    Good to see you back around!!
    I'm back around and I finally have a little bit time I can get back into this I'm going to warn you guys though I am starting from scratch like literally scratch.

    50 lb dumbbells give me the same fight thst 90s used to. I'm 132lbs of skinny fat
    Jeff bezos has no mercy!!

  8. #8
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    26,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    I'm back around and I finally have a little bit time I can get back into this I'm going to warn you guys though I am starting from scratch like literally scratch.

    50 lb dumbbells give me the same fight thst 90s used to. I'm 132lbs of skinny fat
    Jeff bezos has no mercy!!
    Shoot man, life slings curve balls at us all the time. You're doing the right by jumping in and hollering "Foul, you mf-er" and stepping right back up to the plate. ( not sure where the baseball references came from today. I'm not much of a baseball fan)?

    I'm just now getting my ducks in a row after a looong go around with my C spine and some nerve damage. They pretty much gave my C spine an enema and blew the shit out of it. Cut out the back of my spine from C2-C7. Fused C-3, C-4, C-5, and C-6. Slapped in some titanium rods and a crosslink and a bunch of screws. The whole process is very humbling. Plus the COVID debacle deferred my surgery for over a year and 6 months. A non functioning arm didn't meet their standards for emergency surgery. Finally though, it all worked out. I will say that was one of the more intense surgeries I've had.

    Sadly it affected my shooting as well. The nerve damage was to the left arm, so my support hand is not very supportive. But, I'm addressing it too. My work schedule has changed to 12 hour shifts, but once a month I get a week off and a couple of days off here and there throughout the month. So, I've got an IDPA guy from the local range to work with me and help me reteach my left hand and muscle memory. Used to be I could work through issues like this, but this guy is not only coaching you, he records it on video and slaps it on DVD so you can dry fire drill at home and have your video cues right there.

    On the plus side while I was on medical leave, I did mount optics on my 20" AR, put a couple of Primary Arms scopes on my AR carbine length,put a Crimson trace green laser on one of the carbines, put a Leupold scope with Firedot reticle on a 10/22, and rescoped my Howa .270 Winchester with a nice 50mm Leupold with Firedot Reticle. Reticles are squared and scopes positioned good eye relief.

    All of the firearms work was good for finger dexterity, plus you know me and firearms, reloading, etc

    Sure do hope you can be online on a regular basis. We still have a member that occasionally drops in and has an aversion to dancing bananas, lol.

    How about you, Couch. I'm getting older and memory ain't the best, but it seems like you mentioned dropping off AAS for a bit and were thinking about starting a family/spending more time with the family?

    What's going on with you, man? . Again, awful glad to hear from you!!
    Last edited by almostgone; 01-29-2022 at 07:34 PM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  9. #9
    alvin is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    It’s just “crashed”. Actually can be seen as a good sign, because it actually has hormones in it.

    Try running it under hot water and shaking it vigorously. If that doesn’t work, put about 2” of water in a sauce pan and place a needle down into the stopper (to vent) and let it get a slow boil going. Rotate in and out every 45 seconds and shake it vigorously again. Repeat until the hormone goes back into the solution.

    You could certainly ask for a replacement but I’ve had pharma gear crash on me too…it’s not uncommon
    Thanks, I appreciate it!

    I ran them under hot water and shook the crap out of them. It was maybe 10 or so times over the course of 15 minutes, and it seems to have mostly dissolved. I'll check them again tomorrow and maybe use gloves and even hotter water.

    Dumb Question #2: Of all the times that I have received vials from the pharmacy for TRT, or vials purchased other ways, they have always been like the black one (a plastic lid that you tear off to reveal the rubber stopper). The red ones are all metal and I am sure there some obvious way to open them. Again, thanks for the help, I love this forum.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NPP-1.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	145.6 KB 
ID:	181671
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NPP-2.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	198.8 KB 
ID:	181670

  10. #10
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    26,319
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate it!

    I ran them under hot water and shook the crap out of them. It was maybe 10 or so times over the course of 15 minutes, and it seems to have mostly dissolved. I'll check them again tomorrow and maybe use gloves and even hotter water.

    Dumb Question #2: Of all the times that I have received vials from the pharmacy for TRT, or vials purchased other ways, they have always been like the black one (a plastic lid that you tear off to reveal the rubber stopper). The red ones are all metal and I am sure there some obvious way to open them. Again, thanks for the help, I love this forum.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NPP-1.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	145.6 KB 
ID:	181671
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NPP-2.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	198.8 KB 
ID:	181670
    Just different types of caps. Usually the metal ones are favored by UGLs because they are easier to crimp on, but they have a tearaway area to access the stopper. Unfortunately, the cheap ones are made of very thin metal and the whole cap will rip off if you aren't careful.
    Last edited by almostgone; 02-26-2022 at 11:34 AM.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  11. #11
    SampsonandDelilah's Avatar
    SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Cocina
    Posts
    4,208
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Just different types of caps. Usually the metal ones are favored by UGLs because they are easier to crimp on, but they have a tearaway area to access the stopper. Unfortunately, the cheap ones are made of very thin metal and the whole cap will rip off if you aren't careful.

    Exactly right! Just peel away the inner circle slowly and carefully and ensure it disconnects from the rest of the stopper for completely removing it, that was you endure you have the remainder of the pitter portion of the cap in place. I’ve torn more than my share of entire caps right off of the bottle.

    Not the end of the world if you do though…

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •