Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"

cant hit parralell in suit with straps up

i have a boss suit, i can maybe get half way down in the suit with 545,. i plan to try more weight this wk, any recomendations of how to beat the suit ?

Velkar182 is offline Banned
    Just curious, but is the crotch double reinforced?

Quote Originally Posted by Velkar182
    Just curious, but is the crotch double reinforced?
    it is single ply,

OldUncle is offline Junior Member
    More weight, of course, but a little break-in period is also sometime necessary. Try an overweight negative or two with some hefty spotters around to take it at the bottom. If you can't get low enough you might need to go up a size.

Quote Originally Posted by d3hsd00w
    More weight, of course, but a little break-in period is also sometime necessary. Try an overweight negative or two with some hefty spotters around to take it at the bottom. If you can't get low enough you might need to go up a size.
    the suit fits fine, it is just the "boss" material is so fckn thick, i have to break the suit in quick

kdawg21 is offline Associate Member
    I wonder if you could find some tips from a member of metal militia or some comparative organization, they have a bunch of little tips for changing where a bench shirt would touch, I think it is a pretty safe assumption that they would also have tips for making depth in a squat suit.

The only thing I can suggest, doc, is to get in a power rack and do the following: Set the saftey bars to a point slightly lower than you can go with just the weight on your back. Then put more weight on the bar and squat down to the slightly lower position. Once down there, let go of the bar as you sneak forward and out from under the bar. Over time (about 4 workouts for my Leviathan) the material is stretched and tends to go a little easier. I don't like to screw with stretching it out until the end of a workout. Doing so takes the focus off training. I also put my suit near a heater in the locker room until I am read to continue breaking it in. Makes the fibers a bit more docile.

I try to break it in while in the power rack because sometimes I fall out of groove and if the spotters don't save me, the rack will. I don't know if this will work for you but I did this with the Leviathan and that sommamabitch don't like parallel too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Velkar182
    The only thing I can suggest, doc, is to get in a power rack and do the following: Set the saftey bars to a point slightly lower than you can go with just the weight on your back. Then put more weight on the bar and squat down to the slightly lower position. Once down there, let go of the bar as you sneak forward and out from under the bar. Over time (about 4 workouts for my Leviathan) the material is stretched and tends to go a little easier. I don't like to screw with stretching it out until the end of a workout. Doing so takes the focus off training. I also put my suit near a heater in the locker room until I am read to continue breaking it in. Makes the fibers a bit more docile.

I try to break it in while in the power rack because sometimes I fall out of groove and if the spotters don't save me, the rack will. I don't know if this will work for you but I did this with the Leviathan and that sommamabitch don't like parallel too much.
    good idea, i will give it a try . i have 3 wk to get ready for a contest so i have to break this in fast.

OldUncle is offline Junior Member
    Quick break-in tip: Try putting it on, then soaking it in the shower before you lift. When it's wet it will stretch a little more, see if you can get to legal depth and sit there a while.

you don't want to compromise the fabric by wetting it. I've heard that wetting it helps, but damages fibers of the fabric.

barbndr is offline Junior Member
    The only thing I can think of Doc is doing some leg presses with the suit on. I used to do this with my deadlift suit prior to DLing to warm up. Not sure if it would do anything with your squat suit as I haven't tried that style.

hughsey is offline New Member
    if you have velgro straps and you wear them tight then try with the spraps about 1 inch off your shoulders , once you push back the suit will start working but will allow you too get down a little .

Quote Originally Posted by hughsey
    if you have velgro straps and you wear them tight then try with the spraps about 1 inch off your shoulders , once you push back the suit will start working but will allow you too get down a little .
    i finaly got down to paralell, i neede to use more weight

Thread Information