Fat Guy is offline Senior Member

700lbs Benchpress & 750 Deadlift Vid.

Dondell Blue is in the 220lbs weight class of Midwest Powerlifting Federation and it has been reported that he broke the record for MPF with a 2500 total (Missing the squat vid.). Also, I read that he is a WPO lifter. I thought these were pretty impressive lifts, so here they are…

Dondell Blue 700 lbs. Benchpress @MPF 10-28-06
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTM3DxBMcFw

Dondell Blue Deadlifts 750 lbs. @MPF 10-28-06
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ_ak...e=user&search=

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    whyno squat numbers? notice alot of three lifters dont post their squats anymore so they cant be criticized about depth,still, all and all a hell of atotal, better than mash or coans best mees.

MPF? great just what the sport needs ANOTHER organization!LOL!!!damn you ron palmer!!!

also on a side note, sandi and zane Mcaslin are planning on relaunching USA(united strength alliance) for some of you old school lifters, this used to be terry grimwoods old orgainzation, the rules of this org were simple, ANYTHING GOES!!!lets see how it turns out under the new ownership. it is only a rumor now, but i have heard it through a very credible source, so once again ANOTHER organization,LOL, i wonder how many orgs there really are? anyonecare to try to help me figure this out? iw ill start a new post about this

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    i've competed against Dondell, actually he may be at my next contest here in less than 3 weeks, and he is one hell of a lifter... raw and geared. I took 2nd to him last year at the Southern States, and to put things in perspective he opened raw on the bench at 501 and smoked it! the crazy thing is his squat in my opinion is his best lift so hopefully it will be posted as I would love to see it. not only is he a great lifter but he is one class guy! he is no doubt the perfect ambassador to our great sport... CONGRATS DONDELL!

Nytol is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    also on a side note, sandi and zane Mcaslin are planning on relaunching USA(united strength alliance) for some of you old school lifters, this used to be terry grimwoods old orgainzation, the rules of this org were simple, ANYTHING GOES!!!lets see how it turns out under the new ownership. it is only a rumor now, but i have heard it through a very credible source, so once again ANOTHER organization,LOL, i wonder how many orgs there really are? anyonecare to try to help me figure this out? iw ill start a new post about this
    What does anything goes entail? All types of equipment allowed?

Fallen_Angel is offline Banned
    He's a horse! I saw a video of him a few years back and I new he was going to do well. The dude is intense and dedicated. That's a dangerous mix. That says volumes for RJ considering that he's in the thick of it battling with Blue. Good luck at the meet RJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_Angel
    He's a horse! I saw a video of him a few years back and I new he was going to do well. The dude is intense and dedicated. That's a dangerous mix. That says volumes for RJ considering that he's in the thick of it battling with Blue. Good luck at the meet RJ.
    thanks bro... and your right Dondell is the real deal!

Fallen_Angel is offline Banned
    MPF? great just what the sport needs ANOTHER organization!LOL!!!damn you ron palmer!!!
    Guess what doc...Just like Cartman had his own amusement park, I have my own powerlifting fed...and you can't come! No doc, no RJ no Dondell...it is the the federation in which I am world champion. I just compete with 10 year olds! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Nytol
    What does anything goes entail? All types of equipment allowed?
    equipment, performancing enhancing drugs, rec drugs, etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_Angel
    Guess what doc...Just like Cartman had his own amusement park, I have my own powerlifting fed...and you can't come! No doc, no RJ no Dondell...it is the the federation in which I am world champion. I just compete with 10 year olds! haha
    LOL!like when kramer from seinfeld was the karate champion of his dojo, but he only would fight little kids!

lene28 is offline Junior Member
    I have seen the squat video from that meet, he hit 1050. I watched it on powerliftingwatch.com. He did it out of an ordinary rack where they used the saftey bars as a boot leg monolift. He is a strong dude.

Quote Originally Posted by lene28
    I have seen the squat video from that meet, he hit 1050. I watched it on powerliftingwatch.com. He did it out of an ordinary rack where they used the saftey bars as a boot leg monolift. He is a strong dude.
    i just competed against Dondell this past Dec. 3... talk about a good old fashion ass whippin... Dondell - 2445 to my - 2264. getting beat by a couple hundred pounds is very humbling. I think he will win the Arnold Classic for sure!

i am not sure of his 2500lb total will count, i just read a post the other day saying that ron palmer doesnt send his results to mike lambert to be used in powerlifting usa. that would really suck if he got screwed like that

Quote Originally Posted by lene28
    it is hard form that video to tell if that squat was good, it didnt show him hit depth(video from the front) or lock it out

also, what kind of org is ron plamer running? buy a damn monolift!!!!!

Sasso09 is offline Associate Member
    hmmm hey doc do you think WNPF would let you get away with dropping the weight after a dead lockout at that height? heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasso09
    hmmm hey doc do you think WNPF would let you get away with dropping the weight after a dead lockout at that height? heh.
    i think we knowthe anwer to that!LOL they dont allow much of anything, but hey, they are alot more friendly that the horrible usapl! 2 thumbs down for usapl!!!!

i think we knowthe anwer to that!LOL they dont allow much of anything, but hey, they are alot more friendly that the horrible usapl! 2 thumbs down for usapl!!!!
    not a fan of the USgayPL i take it...

Quote Originally Posted by RJstrong
    not a fan of the USgayPL i take it...
    NOPE! i am there biggest anti supporter. i had to help a friend at a meet recently, i hated being there! i cant even stand to be in the presence of that type of atmosphere, it makes me sick,it is so not fun, SOOOOOO many rules, so quiet, i cant take it.

Midwest Viking is offline Junior Member
    I was at this meet. I competed. I was also helping to set it up the night before. Talked to Dondell, and he is one of the nicest guys around. Very modest, very well spoken, etc.
    And I saw all three lifts, I was right there next to the platform. There was alot of rumor going around that he did not make the squat, but, I was there, and I was watching from just a couple of feet away, hell, on his 900 lbs squat, I was helping to spot him. And I will tell you right now, it was a good squat.

i just wanted brag and say i told you so. Dondell won the Arnold Classic... middle weight champ!!!

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    damn..awesome lifts.
    and damn..huge head.

Thread Information