bigpianoman is offline New Member

Deadlift help, doc.

Im wondering if COnventional is better then sumo? Im 6'2'' with shorter legs, and longer upper body.

I have been lifting for 1 year now , and may start to look into suits,etc. Im at 525x1 raw. My sticking point is getting off the ground. I notice a pretty severly arched back.

I have a huge back and shoulders, once i get 525 up, i can easily move it up and back into lock postion.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpianoman
    Im wondering if COnventional is better then sumo? Im 6'2'' with shorter legs, and longer upper body.

I have been lifting for 1 year now , and may start to look into suits,etc. Im at 525x1 raw. My sticking point is getting off the ground. I notice a pretty severly arched back.

I have a huge back and shoulders, once i get 525 up, i can easily move it up and back into lock postion.
    like i said, height really doesnt dictate form. also you are one of the fewer deadlifters that are conventional that have trouble off the floor, usualy it is the exact opposite. since you already arehaving trouble from the floor, give sumo a whirl for a while, see how it feels. at first, it will suck because you dont have the hip strength, but in time, i bet it will work better for you. if you get a suit look out! the suit will help either a sumo or convenitonal get off the floor. if you are having trouble off the floor consider doing some speed deads, and pulls while standing on a 2- 4inch block, and low pause box squats.

Thread Information