Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Experimentalist is offline New Member

Doc, give your 2 cents here plz

Well, i'm kinda in the intermediate level, i'm still very weak but not having progress with linear version though.

I dont have any aspirations to compete, just wanna raw strength, keeping this in mind i've read some posts of doc saying that westside is for people looking to use the pro ekips.

I recentrly bought mark rippetoe's books, but didnt see any posts regarding to his job, especially texas method.

My question is, is it the best i can get for the intermediate lvl? What's the thoughts of the guys who know the stuff here? how is it compares with the 5/3/1 template for example?

thank you

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    if you don't plan on competing and just want to build some good strength. Google joe defrancos training and try his "westside for skinny bastards" Joe trains a TON of pro athletes who use this template it's well thought out and has been around for years and joe has ironed out all the details. There are 3 articles the 3rd one is the final one and has provisions for in season, off season, speed work etc....

Ever hear of Dhani Jones, Brian cushing ( NFL's last years defensive rookie of the year), Miles Austin, dave diehl? Worked for all of them at the NFL level you should be able to put it to good use. Plus the video's on his site are great to fire you up to go train HARD!!

Just my .o2

xxxl83

Experimentalist is offline New Member
    Interesting material, thanks a lot!

Thread Information