biggunSC is offline New Member

I concider myself a Power Builder....

Hey guys I'm 46 and been training for 3 years now as heavy as possible, when I started I started TRT/HRT at same time and I was completely out of shape.... Well 37 months later I'm pretty strong to say the least and no injuries, One rep max bench 405 lbs. squat 525 lbs. dead lift 315 lbs. I'm getting bored and was looking to see if any of you guys consider yourself a Power Builder vs Power lifter, I do a lot of the bodybuilder exercises but low rep and heavy weight one major and one small muscle group a week three days a week. Got any ideas for a change to spark more interest, strength and growth?
    Last edited by biggunSC; 10-02-2010 at 09:12 AM.

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good job representing the over forty crowd .

I think there is a typo on dead ?

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    what do you mean typo.. 315lbs not a good dead lift?? what u trying to say?? no JK

OP, great work, but you can't just blend two opposite sides of the table and call it what you wanna.. If you train low reps then it is geared towards strength, an any ancillary muscles you do this on will only further increase your 1RPM on the above stated exercises, just because you do curl and ab crunches doesn't mean you are a body buildre... You sir, fall in line with the rest of us on this board that are not competing on either ends of the table...

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    what do you mean typo.. 315lbs not a good dead lift?? what u trying to say?? no JK

OP, great work, but you can't just blend two opposite sides of the table and call it what you wanna.. If you train low reps then it is geared towards strength, an any ancillary muscles you do this on will only further increase your 1RPM on the above stated exercises, just because you do curl and ab crunches doesn't mean you are a body buildre... You sir, fall in line with the rest of us on this board that are not competing on either ends of the table...
    Well I'm trying 335 lbs next week on dead lift, I do 295 lbs for six reps then the 315 lbs for 1 rep. I will try 4 reps 315 lbs before I go to the 335 lbs. Exactly not competing at all... but it does feel good when the 20 somethings stop to watch u press out 405 lbs not to mention 365 lbs for three before 405 lbs! and ask how old you are he he.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    not trying to discount your lifts.. those are great. .you got a lot to be proud of.. you are getting younger while your peers are getting older

i was just saying that if you are in the middle then you are neither power or builder

your probaly right sir....

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    not trying to discount your lifts.. those are great. .you got a lot to be proud of.. you are getting younger while your peers are getting older

i was just saying that if you are in the middle then you are neither power or builder
    Join the strong old guy crew !

SOG <

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm 44, considered myself to be a "power bodybuilder" for years, at 5' 6" and close to 190# my best bench was 375, squat 500 and dead 405. I'm going more for look now, after a pec tear and other issues. Keep representing the over 40 crowd.

turncoat is offline New Member
    Damn. You old guys can lift!

jypoll is offline Member
    I think the confusion with the 315 dead is because your squat and Bench are higher, I'm only a begginner in powerlifting, 8 months, but my dead is 380 and my bench is only 230, usually the deadlift is much higher than bench

yeah i agree it should be higher.

Thread Information