Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B12 injections

Stoneguy is offline Junior Member

B12 injections

Ive been reading there are many benefits to injecting B12. I would like to know how often and how many ML per injection?

anyone??

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    depends on the concentration but 1000ug or 1mg per day is what i do... so 1ml if its dosed at 1000ug per ml

toothache is offline Senior Member
    while on cycle, I like to do 1000mcg/day or eod.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    so there ARE benefits even if not deficient?

thanks for the dosing answers guys!!

Now I hear that you get same results oral or sublingual as you do with injections. any thoughts on that? Also...you guys only use it during cycle???

B12 is great to use on cycle.

michael2865 is offline New Member
    what gauge needle would you use, i just did my first shot with a 23g (not on cycle) seems to be a bit big considering its water based? whats the smallest i could get away with? thanks

n00bs is offline Member
    ^^

i use 31g slin sub-q

stevey are you using neob12 daily? thats 13$ for 3 vials... Or you importing?

Quote Originally Posted by n00bs View Post
    ^^

i use 31g slin sub-q

stevey are you using neob12 daily? thats 13$ for 3 vials... Or you importing?
    i use vet grade, 12 bucks or so for 100ml @ 1000ug/ml... and yes i use it daily.

michael2865 is offline New Member
    sorry i thought the injections were IM? i have the pharm grade neo amps aswell. where can i get vet grade from? is it still as safe, sorry for the stupid questions

Luck Luciano is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    so there ARE benefits even if not deficient?
    Nobody seems to have answered this question...

Why is B12 of any help during cycles?

laveycraft is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck Luciano View Post

well i think guys cut there gear with it.

I am curious because I took MB12 injections in the past. MB12 is a B12 variety supposed to improve thinking clarity and reduce symptoms of ADD, ADHD, and Autism. I noticed it also increases your energy level.

It increases you appetite which is good when bulking while on cycle. Also helps with sleep and energy.

Brewster is offline Member
    We get b12 questions all the time

I think someone should write up a good post and sticky it somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneguy View Post
    Thanks for all the input and advice so far and yes a good write up on this subject would be great! I cant find any?

I'm using it for energy and appetite increases. I have a hard time eating every 2hrs for my bulking cycle.

I just ordered my B12. I will be starting my injections next week. I will keep you posted of my progress.

Only thing i'm worried about is the adverse reaction of being allergic to it and my throat closing up!!

Also Ive watched many b12 injection videos and they all show a slin pin and doing it IM. None of the sites that sell it or the videos show sub-Q

I also heard that the sublingual tablets are good and I heard you can take the injectable b12 and put it under your tongue just like a sublingual tab...any one have any thoughts?
    from my experience with MB12, many doctors say the B12 vitamin may not be well absorbed from the intestine for different reasons. For this particular variety of B12, injections and nasal are the most popular choices.

Thanks for all the input and advice so far and yes a good write up on this subject would be great! I cant find any?

I'm using it for energy and appetite increases. I have a hard time eating every 2hrs for my bulking cycle.

I just ordered my B12. I will be starting my injections next week. I will keep you posted of my progress.

Only thing i'm worried about is the adverse reaction of being allergic to it and my throat closing up!!

Also Ive watched many b12 injection videos and they all show a slin pin and doing it IM. None of the sites that sell it or the videos show sub-Q

I also heard that the sublingual tablets are good and I heard you can take the injectable b12 and put it under your tongue just like a sublingual tab...any one have any thoughts?
    from my experience with MB12, many doctors say the B12 vitamin may not be well absorbed from the intestine for different reasons. For this particular variety of B12, injections and nasal are the most popular choices.

they say that when you use the sublingual tabs under tongue it gets into your system without going thru your digestive system. Still not as good as the injectable B12.
    I do know the oral pills are not anywhere as good and is not absorbed well cause they go thru your digestive system.

Starting my B12 this weekend. Going to try deep sub-q and IM to see if I notice any difference.

sixoner is offline Member
    b12 helped me with appetite tremendously..I was to the point where I was kinda not feeling feeding every couple hours with b12 I actually felt hungry as a hostage again...never cycled any gear yet, still natty...down 38lb in just under 210days without sacrificing much muscle. working at a deficit and ED cardio for such a long period you're bound to lose some meat I guess but strength is still increasing so cant be losing much....b12 is part of that ongoing project so for what its worth I use 1000mcg/1ml every other day intramuscular with either a 23ga x 1.5in the glutes or 23ga x 1in in the quads or delts tried it sub-q didn't dig it so b12 is strictly IM for me...on days that I inject i have to keep a little faster pace during cardio to maintain 65-70% mhr...so i guess it does increase endurance/energy slightly in my experience
    Last edited by sixoner; 12-02-2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: spelling

my stuff reads on the box and on the vial for intramuscular or deep subcutaneous use...

I wouldn't guess that it would absorb as efficiently via oral ingestion otherwise why even inject i'd just assume eat some b-12 vitamins from the 7-11

bruary17 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
    We get b12 questions all the time

I think someone should write up a good post and sticky it somewhere
    Agreed!

b12 sticky is a good idea

n00bs is offline Member
    I have seen recent studies that suggest sublingual is better then injection.

I still like to jab though...

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    I like it very well for increased energy,,,appetite,,and sense of well being.
    I use a time released inject B12.

FTLdude is offline New Member

Not sticky material, but here's a little info on B12

Vitamin B12 comes either as cyanocobalamin or hydroxocobalamin. It is both a water soluble vitamin and an antianemic. It is mostly used to treat vitamin deficiency and anemia. It is also used to perform the Schilling Test, which is a test that is done to check how the body absorbs vitamin b12---a diagnostic tool for a condition called pernicious anemia.

Vitamin B12 is a coenzyme that is necessary for certain metabolic processes in the body. It facilitates fat and carbohydrate metabolism and protein synthesis---a major reason why some athletes use it in conjunction with anabolic steroids. It is also necessary for the growth and development of red blood cells, which is why it is used to treat anemia. The increased number of RBCs also causes an increase in energy level. B12 is also used as a treatment to improve some rare vision disorders, for enhanced cognitive functionality, and for reducing risk of cardiovascular disease when it is used in conjunction with B6.

B12 can be taken orally, or injected intramuscularly (IM) or subcutaneously (SC), or sprayed into the nasal mucosa (IH). Oral administration results in the least amount of absorption. The GI tract requires the presence of intrinsic factor and good calcium levels to process it, and even then only about 5 micrograms per day may be absorbed via this route. IM or SC injections are a better way to take this substance because it is much better absorbed via these routes. The nasal spray results in an 89% absorbance of the substance via the nasal mucosa. Once absorbed, B12 is stored in the liver. Some athletes believe that using more B12 will result in increased fat and carbohydrate metabolism and increased protein synthesis and so they take doses far beyond what is recommended. However, the body uses and stores only as much b12 as it needs to, and any excess is excreted in the urine. Free B12 has a half life of 6 days.

B12 injections should be done with a tuberculin syringe, NOT an insulin syringe. Insulin syringes are marked for measurement in units---which applies to standard insulin doses. Tuberculin syringes are marked for measurement in fractions of a milliliter, which is important because B12 is supplied in a variety of concentrations, i.e. 100mcg/ml or 1000mcg/ml. Depending on the concentration in the vial, for a 100mcg dose of b12 you may either be drawing up 1ml or 0.1ml into the syringe.

Typical Adult Dosing:

CYANOCOBALAMIN
    Orally, up to 1000mcg/day
    IM or SC, 30 -100mcg/day for 6 to 7 days, then 100-200mcg/month. In some cases, up to 1000mcg/month may be used.
    Intranasal, 500mcg (one spray in one nostril) once/week.

HYDROXOCOBALAMIN DEFICIENCY
    IM,SC, 30-50mcg/day for 5 to 10 days, then 100-200mcg/month.

Sides and other considerations:
    B12 can cause peripheral vascular thrombosis, diarrhea, itching, swelling, and urticaria, fever, chills, malaise, dizziness, decreased potassium level and cardiac arrythmias, pain at the injection site, and possible anaphylactic reaction if the patient is allergic. Before using this substance, you should have blood work done to know plasma folic acid levels, retic count, and plasma vitamin B12, and potassium level. And if you regularly take B12 in very high doses should routinely check serum K+.
    Last edited by FTLdude; 12-11-2010 at 02:08 PM.

FTLdude is offline New Member

Have you had allergic reactions to anything before? If this is a concern for you then get some benadryl and keep it handy. Some people mistakenly believe that they won't develop anaphylaxis from B12 because its just a 'harmless' vitamin. But this has been observed in clinical studies as a possible side with B12. Take only a small amount of the B12 for the first few injections and see what happens. If you get a rash/swelling at the injection site take some benadryl at least 1/2 hour before you do subsequent injections.

Great info thanks bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by FTLdude View Post
    Vitamin B12 comes either as cyanocobalamin or hydroxocobalamin. It is both a water soluble vitamin and an antianemic. It is mostly used to treat vitamin deficiency and anemia. It is also used to perform the Schilling Test, which is a test that is done to check how the body absorbs vitamin b12---a diagnostic tool for a condition called pernicious anemia.

Vitamin B12 is a coenzyme that is necessary for certain metabolic processes in the body. It facilitates fat and carbohydrate metabolism and protein synthesis---a major reason why some athletes use it in conjunction with anabolic steroids. It is also necessary for the growth and development of red blood cells, which is why it is used to treat anemia. The increased number of RBCs also causes an increase in energy level. B12 is also used as a treatment to improve some rare vision disorders, for enhanced cognitive functionality, and for reducing risk of cardiovascular disease when it is used in conjunction with B6.

B12 can be taken orally, or injected intramuscularly (IM) or subcutaneously (SC), or sprayed into the nasal mucosa (IH). Oral administration results in the least amount of absorption. The GI tract requires the presence of intrinsic factor and good calcium levels to process it, and even then only about 5 micrograms per day may be absorbed via this route. IM or SC injections are a better way to take this substance because it is much better absorbed via these routes. The nasal spray results in an 89% absorbance of the substance via the nasal mucosa. Once absorbed, B12 is stored in the liver. Some athletes believe that using more B12 will result in increased fat and carbohydrate metabolism and increased protein synthesis and so they take doses far beyond what is recommended. However, the body uses and stores only as much b12 as it needs to, and any excess is excreted in the urine. Free B12 has a half life of 6 days.

B12 injections should be done with a tuberculin syringe, NOT an insulin syringe. Insulin syringes are marked for measurement in units---which applies to standard insulin doses. Tuberculin syringes are marked for measurement in fractions of a milliliter, which is important because B12 is supplied in a variety of concentrations, i.e. 100mcg/ml or 1000mcg/ml. Depending on the concentration in the vial, for a 100mcg dose of b12 you may either be drawing up 1ml or 0.1ml into the syringe.

Typical Adult Dosing:

CYANOCOBALAMIN
    Orally, up to 1000mcg/day
    IM or SC, 30 -100mcg/day for 6 to 7 days, then 100-200mcg/month. In some cases, up to 1000mcg/month may be used.
    Intranasal, 500mcg (one spray in one nostril) once/week.

HYDROXOCOBALAMIN DEFICIENCY
    IM,SC, 30-50mcg/day for 5 to 10 days, then 100-200mcg/month.

Sides and other considerations:
    B12 can cause peripheral vascular thrombosis, diarrhea, itching, swelling, and urticaria, fever, chills, malaise, dizziness, decreased potassium level and cardiac arrythmias, pain at the injection site, and possible anaphylactic reaction if the patient is allergic. Before using this substance, you should have blood work done to know plasma folic acid levels, retic count, and plasma vitamin B12, and potassium level. And if you regularly take B12 in very high doses should routinely check serum K+.

I have seen recent studies that suggest sublingual is better then injection.

I still like to jab though...
    ive seen that too, though i prefer not to inject 1ml subq.

n00bs is offline Member
    ON another note that vet grade stuff is 500mcg per ml not 1000mcg like neo b12

ON another note that vet grade stuff is 500mcg per ml not 1000mcg like neo b12
    i must have given you the wrong one, mine is 1mg/ml...

http://www.discountvets.com.au/shop?...id=59&vmcchk=1

n00bs is offline Member
    Cyanocobalamin (Vit B 12) 500 μg/mL
    VITAMIN B12 INJECTION:
    Cyanocobalamin (Vit B 12) 1 mg/mL

Uhh ok? Im confused it hasboth listed... Im fairly certain the pack says 500mcg.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    ive seen that too, though i prefer not to inject 1ml subq.
    I'm with you,,,Ive only seen the results with inject. Oral or sublingual didnt feel the same IMO.

similar experience - my doctor even said oral or sub-lingual would be waste of time

tballz is offline Senior Member
    Injectable is the only way to go with b12.

n00bs is offline Member
    I think it is mental...

What we do we feel iinjections are better so if we arnt inejction it musnt work huh?

Studies prove that sublingual is as if not better effective.. The rest is in your head.

Cyanocobalamin (Vit B 12) 500 μg/mL
    VITAMIN B12 INJECTION:
    Cyanocobalamin (Vit B 12) 1 mg/mL

Uhh ok? Im confused it hasboth listed... Im fairly certain the pack says 500mcg.
    im looking at my pack now and its 1000mcg/ml mate

n00bs is offline Member
    LOL mine says 500mcg/ml

hhmmmm lol nature vet?

Studies prove that sublingual is as if not better effective.. The rest is in your head.
    which studies can you provide a link bro? everything I researched and my doctor also confirmed that intramuscular injection was far superior for absorption. I have no problems injecting at all they don't bother me in the least so its not an issue, but I would like to see studies that show similar or better absorption of b-12 than intramuscular injection. in my research and experience taking b-12 I personally have not come across any. I have never used a sublingual administration method before, I am not familiar. I have injected intramuscular, injected subcutaneously, and ingested gel caps/solid tablets before only

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information