thex95 is offline Senior Member

My roller coaster prediction

This is just for fun and it does not represent the views, statements, or opinions of AR-R in any way.

So here is a linear regression chart using the historical data of the AR-R roller coaster sale.The vertical axis represents the % discount on AR-R products and the horizontal line represents the day of sale. The red line is the least squares regression line which is used to project (predict) numbers in the future. However the rē = .1187, meaning that all predictions to forecast future numbers are only 11.87% accurate.

So using the linear regression formula (y=-1.3929x + 29.143) it can be predicted that on Monday (day 8 of the roller coaster) the sale will be for 17.9998% and on Tuesday (day 9 of the roller coaster) for 16.6069%. Once again these predictions are only 11.87% accurate due to the high fluctuation in sale percentages during this sale.

Once again- This is just for fun and it does not represent the views, statements, or opinions of AR-R in any way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My roller coaster prediction-funnerz.jpg  
    Last edited by thex95; 01-20-2012 at 11:45 AM.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Fun dorky post. And I mean "dorky" in a good way.

Unfortunately, they can change their plans just to spite you. Fortunately, you can claim that is exactly what they did if you predictions do not turn out to be accurate.

tballz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scotts View Post
    This is just for fun and it does not represent the views, statements, or opinions of AR-R in any way.

So here is a linear regression chart using the historical data of the AR-R roller coaster sale.The vertical axis represents the % discount on AR-R products and the horizontal line represents the day of sale. The red line is the least squares regression line which is used to project (predict) numbers in the future. However the rē = .1187, meaning that all predictions to forecast future numbers are only 11.87% accurate.

So using the linear regression formula (y=-1.3929x + 29.143) it can be predicted that on Monday (day 8 of the roller coaster) the sale will be for 17.9998% and on Tuesday (day 9 of the roller coaster) for 16.6069%. Once again these predictions are only 11.87% accurate due to the high fluctuation in sale percentages during this sale.

Once again- This is just for fun and it does not represent the views, statements, or opinions of AR-R in any way.
    haha....that's pretty good analysis. So you're saying buy now?

Quote Originally Posted by scotts View Post

scotts, love the regression model. And good job on it, btw. Given that the conditional expectation of probability gives you predictions that are only 11.87% accurate, I'd say it gives me quite a bit of leeway. Here is what I can promise....that the high fluctuations in discount between each day will continue to occur, causing even more variability in the regression model. However, as the rollercoaster continues forward, each day will give you additional independent variable data..who knows, you maybe able to increase the rē to MUCH higher by the end of this thing.

btw, check your PM's. I'm sending you a personalized promocode for creativity.

AR-R

And I am looking for a solid AR-R Analytics Guru............i'll keep you in mind

AR-R

thex95 is offline Senior Member
    Right on! This is why I love ya AR-R

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-R View Post
    btw, check your PM's. I'm sending you a personalized promocode for creativity.

AR-R
    Win.

Thread Information