Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By lstbred
  • 2 Post By lstbred

Thread: LSTBRED'S Recipe Thread

lstbred is offline Senior Member

LSTBRED'S Recipe Thread

I've been asked to try and organize recipes into a "recipe box", so this my attempt. I will put links into each category so you can easily hop to it. Some recipes are not easily categorized or can be used for multiple things but I will try my best to put them in some semblence of order. Please DO NOT REPLY IN THIS THREAD, if needed reply on the particular thread the link it brings you to ie;if you have a question on Caprese Panini, follow that link and leave your comment or question there or if you have any other questions use the "Ask a Chef" thread, which I included on here.I only ask this because we have soooo much and I dont want things to get lost or conviluted. If there are replies on this thread please read father down because I have added categories after thier posts. ouichef
    Last edited by lstbred; 07-21-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Beef

Last edited by lstbred; 05-28-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Read the last sentence of post #1 lol.

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Sign

Lamb

Try Osso Bucco: Braised lamb shank, all the recipes are about the same but heres a simple one.
    8 veal shanks, 1 - 1/2 inches thick from the hind legs
    flour, for dredging (seasoned with salt and pepper)
    1/3 cup olive oil
    1 cup onion, chopped
    1 cup celery, chopped
    1 cup carrot, chopped
    salt and pepper, to taste 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
    1 cup dry red wine
    1 cup meat stock (homemade) or 1 cup beef stock (1/2 cup canned beef stock-plus 1/2 cup water)
    2 bay leaves
    1/4 cup unsalted butter
    Directions:
    1.Assembly.
    2.Arrange shanks on a serving platter. Heat sauce on stove over high heat. If sauce is runny, reduce for a moment and then add butter, stirring to incorporate. Once butter is melted and fused, adjust seasoning and spoon sauce over shanks. Method.
    3.Preheat oven to 350°F Select oven-proof pot with lid large enough to accommodate all the shanks in a single layer. Set aside.
    4.Place a large skillet over high heat and add olive oil. Dredge the shanks in the seasoned flour, only as many as the skillet will hold at one time. When oil is hot, sear the shanks on both sides until dark brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
    5.Drain oil from skillet and return to the heat. Add vegetables, seasoning to taste. Cook for 6 - 7 minutes until soft and lightly wilted. Remove and set aside. Add garlic and cook for another 2 - 3 minutes. Deglaze skillet with the red wine, scraping the bottom to loosen any meat particles stuck to the bottom. Add stock and any juices released from the seared shanks, simmering for a couple more minutes.
    6.Place half the vegetables on the bottom of the oven-proof pot and arrange shanks on top. Pour remainder of the vegetable wine stock mixture over the shanks. The liquid should come 2/3 way to the top of the shanks. If not, add more stock.
    7.Cover pot tightly and place in lower third of oven. Cook for about 2 hours until tender,.
    8.Carefully turning the shanks every ½ hour. Prod with a fork to test for doneness.

Lamb loin: 2ea
    Olive oil 1 cup
    Fresh garlic, chopped 2tbl
    fresh rosemary, whole sprigs 2ea (about 3-4 inches long)
    Place all ingredients in a bowl with lamb. Let sit over night

Sauce:
    shallots, chopped fine 4tbls
    garlic fresh, chopped fine 4tls
    demi glaze 1 cup
    beef stock 1/2cup
    unsalted butter 1/2 stick
    Bleu cheese crumbles 1oz
    A mild red wine-OPTIONAL 1 cup
    Pre-heat oven to 350*
    1. Take lamb and wipe off marinade
    2. Kosher salt & fresh ground black pepper the loin
    3. Saute on med-high heat, the loin on both sides to a nice golden brown, 2-3min per side
    3. Take loin out of pan place in a ovenable pan and roast at 350* for several 5-10min (depending on doneness you prefer and oven)
    4. When lamb is done, place on counter and let rest for 7-10 minutes
    5. While loin is in oven, take the same pan you sauteed the loin in and add a 2tbls butter, melt, add shallots and garlic, cook until tender. (If using wine, add and reduce by half then add demi glaze and stock) add demi glaze and beef stock, let simmer and reduce a little. Turn heat to low, add 2-3 tbl of butter and incorporate. Turn heat off, add bleu cheese crumbles and mix into sauce, your not looking to melt away, just enough to get flavor into sauce but still leave it chunky.
    6. Cut thin 1/4" slices of loin, shingle (fan out) and place on plate add top with sauce.
    **when cooking meat I always jussssst undercook it, when you set it aside to rest it continues to cook called "carry over cooking" meats will continue to rise in internal temperature from 5-10*, so if I pull something at 130* a good med rare, its going to carry over cook anywhere from 140-145 which transltes into high mr/low medium. Of course this always varies and you need to play with it to get it down but thats the general idea.

Soup

Last edited by lstbred; 05-28-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Cooking Tips

Last edited by lstbred; 05-28-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Misc Sauces, toppings, salsa's

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    Read the last sentence of post #1 lol.
    How you doing Sgt?

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by lstbred View Post
    Try Osso Bucco: Braised lamb shank, all the recipes are about the same but heres a simple one.
    8 veal shanks, 1 - 1/2 inches thick from the hind legs
    flour, for dredging (seasoned with salt and pepper)
    1/3 cup olive oil
    1 cup onion, chopped
    1 cup celery, chopped
    1 cup carrot, chopped
    salt and pepper, to taste 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
    1 cup dry red wine
    1 cup meat stock (homemade) or 1 cup beef stock (1/2 cup canned beef stock-plus 1/2 cup water)
    2 bay leaves
    1/4 cup unsalted butter
    Directions:
    1.Assembly.
    2.Arrange shanks on a serving platter. Heat sauce on stove over high heat. If sauce is runny, reduce for a moment and then add butter, stirring to incorporate. Once butter is melted and fused, adjust seasoning and spoon sauce over shanks. Method.
    3.Preheat oven to 350°F Select oven-proof pot with lid large enough to accommodate all the shanks in a single layer. Set aside.
    4.Place a large skillet over high heat and add olive oil. Dredge the shanks in the seasoned flour, only as many as the skillet will hold at one time. When oil is hot, sear the shanks on both sides until dark brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
    5.Drain oil from skillet and return to the heat. Add vegetables, seasoning to taste. Cook for 6 - 7 minutes until soft and lightly wilted. Remove and set aside. Add garlic and cook for another 2 - 3 minutes. Deglaze skillet with the red wine, scraping the bottom to loosen any meat particles stuck to the bottom. Add stock and any juices released from the seared shanks, simmering for a couple more minutes.
    6.Place half the vegetables on the bottom of the oven-proof pot and arrange shanks on top. Pour remainder of the vegetable wine stock mixture over the shanks. The liquid should come 2/3 way to the top of the shanks. If not, add more stock.
    7.Cover pot tightly and place in lower third of oven. Cook for about 2 hours until tender,.
    8.Carefully turning the shanks every ½ hour. Prod with a fork to test for doneness.

Lamb loin: 2ea
    Olive oil 1 cup
    Fresh garlic, chopped 2tbl
    fresh rosemary, whole sprigs 2ea (about 3-4 inches long)
    Place all ingredients in a bowl with lamb. Let sit over night

Sauce:
    shallots, chopped fine 4tbls
    garlic fresh, chopped fine 4tls
    demi glaze 1 cup
    beef stock 1/2cup
    unsalted butter 1/2 stick
    Bleu cheese crumbles 1oz
    A mild red wine-OPTIONAL 1 cup
    Pre-heat oven to 350*
    1. Take lamb and wipe off marinade
    2. Kosher salt & fresh ground black pepper the loin
    3. Saute on med-high heat, the loin on both sides to a nice golden brown, 2-3min per side
    3. Take loin out of pan place in a ovenable pan and roast at 350* for several 5-10min (depending on doneness you prefer and oven)
    4. When lamb is done, place on counter and let rest for 7-10 minutes
    5. While loin is in oven, take the same pan you sauteed the loin in and add a 2tbls butter, melt, add shallots and garlic, cook until tender. (If using wine, add and reduce by half then add demi glaze and stock) add demi glaze and beef stock, let simmer and reduce a little. Turn heat to low, add 2-3 tbl of butter and incorporate. Turn heat off, add bleu cheese crumbles and mix into sauce, your not looking to melt away, just enough to get flavor into sauce but still leave it chunky.
    6. Cut thin 1/4" slices of loin, shingle (fan out) and place on plate add top with sauce.
    **when cooking meat I always jussssst undercook it, when you set it aside to rest it continues to cook called "carry over cooking" meats will continue to rise in internal temperature from 5-10*, so if I pull something at 130* a good med rare, its going to carry over cook anywhere from 140-145 which transltes into high mr/low medium. Of course this always varies and you need to play with it to get it down but thats the general idea.
    i have never cooked this before but always order it out. thanks for reminding how easy it is!

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    How you doing Sgt?
    Better than I deserve, and you? Lmfao

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Sign

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    Better than I deserve, and you? Lmfao
    I'm doing just fine, whats you favourite foods to eat

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Salmon burger with a red pepper basil sauce and roasted red pepper salad

Recipe to come later. Just wanted to make everyone jealous while I was on vacation
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LSTBRED'S Recipe Thread-image-777070855.jpg  
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

ashleyp133 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    Salmon burger with a red pepper basil sauce and roasted red pepper salad

Recipe to come later. Just wanted to make everyone jealous while I was on vacation
    That looks delicious! I'll be looking out for the recipe

Sweets and Treats

Jjust bringing back to top for newbies.
    OdinsOtherSon and stocky121 like this.

Thread Information