Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By OdinsOtherSon
  • 1 Post By NACH3
  • 1 Post By OdinsOtherSon
  • 1 Post By NACH3

Thread: Herb roasted red potatoes

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member

Herb roasted red potatoes

Be sure you only use red or white, waxy potatoes for this. Idaho or Irish potatoes will not work.

Red potatoes, cubed, as many as you want to make. I usually cut up about 4.

One onion, sliced.

Mrs. Dash original seasoning.

Pam cooking spray.

I use wide, heavy duty aluminum foil for this. Tear off a piece of foil large enough to hold all the ingredients.

Slice the onions and cube the taters, put on the sheet of foil. Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash, spray with Pam and salt/pepper if desired.

Fold the foil up to make a sealed pouch. I usually put mine on the grill at 350F. If you can't use your grill or don't have one, the oven works fine. On my grill, I set all burners on low and it holds at 350 nicely. Usually takes ~ 30 min but monitor closely because you can't see the taters, so easy to burn if you're not paying attention. If you use your oven, put the pouch in a baking dish in case it leaks.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Odin!

Mine is very similar...

1/4c EVOO, 3-4 garlic cloves, Rosemary, pepper, and cube the Red taters.... Put all ingredients in a large bowl(5lbs of red potatoes this makes) toss together in bowl then put foil down in 2 pans in the oven... 425* for 23min then flip em over - put back in for 23-26min but watch closely after 23min - roads till desired crunchiness

I'm going to have to try yours out
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Thanks Odin!

Mine is very similar...

1/4c EVOO, 3-4 garlic cloves, Rosemary, pepper, and cube the Red taters.... Put all ingredients in a large bowl(5lbs of red potatoes this makes) toss together in bowl then put foil down in 2 pans in the oven... 425* for 23min then flip em over - put back in for 23-26min but watch closely after 23min - roads till desired crunchiness

I'm going to have to try yours out
    Yes very similar! Yours sound like they get rather crisp. Mine are sealed up in the aluminum foil pouch so they are essentially steamed. I'm gonna have to try yours as well...I like crunchy!
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OdinsOtherSon View Post
    Yes very similar! Yours sound like they get rather crisp. Mine are sealed up in the aluminum foil pouch so they are essentially steamed. I'm gonna have to try yours as well...I like crunchy!
    Yeah I do too! Plus it's still oven roasted!
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by OdinsOtherSon
    Be sure you only use red or white, waxy potatoes for this. Idaho or Irish potatoes will not work. Red potatoes, cubed, as many as you want to make. I usually cut up about 4. One onion, sliced. Mrs. Dash original seasoning. Pam cooking spray. I use wide, heavy duty aluminum foil for this. Tear off a piece of foil large enough to hold all the ingredients. Slice the onions and cube the taters, put on the sheet of foil. Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash, spray with Pam and salt/pepper if desired. Fold the foil up to make a sealed pouch. I usually put mine on the grill at 350F. If you can't use your grill or don't have one, the oven works fine. On my grill, I set all burners on low and it holds at 350 nicely. Usually takes ~ 30 min but monitor closely because you can't see the taters, so easy to burn if you're not paying attention. If you use your oven, put the pouch in a baking dish in case it leaks.
    That was delicious! I meant to tell you I was making this with burgers tonight. But it was damn good!

Thread Information