Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog

Thread: Is there a good or bad time to start a sarm cycle?

Camaroguru is offline Junior Member

Is there a good or bad time to start a sarm cycle?

51 yr old male
    lifetime natty
    5 weeks out from competition
    debated test/aas in the past but still chicken to do it

I compete in a natural organization and this may be the last show for me. If so, I want to do something a little stronger than creatine, lol, but not ready for test; thinking sarms may be the answer for me.

Anyway, in 5 weeks I'll be around 6%.
    My question is, is there a good time or a bad time to start a cycle of LGD4033 or MK2866? (still not sure which I want to go with)
    Meaning, is it better to start at low BF or better to let my system come back a little before starting?

Am I overthinking it?

tootallshorty is offline Junior Member
    Hey bud. I have a little experience with SARMs . It really depends on what your goals are. Ostarine, which is MK2866 is a good SARM to maintain, and maybe even add a little muscle while on a cut. It has also helped my tendinitis injuries in the past. But its anabolic effect is the weakest of the lot.

I am not sure LGD is a good compound to go with if you are going into competition. While its anabolic effect is probably the best out of all SARMs, it adds a lot of water weight which will make you look softer.

I do not have any personal experience with RAD140 but anecdotal accounts say that it will not add the water weight that LGD does and is also about as strong. Whatever you go with, good luck!

Camaroguru is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tootallshorty View Post
    Hey bud. I have a little experience with SARMs . It really depends on what your goals are. Ostarine, which is MK2866 is a good SARM to maintain, and maybe even add a little muscle while on a cut. It has also helped my tendinitis injuries in the past. But its anabolic effect is the weakest of the lot.

I am not sure LGD is a good compound to go with if you are going into competition. While its anabolic effect is probably the best out of all SARMs, it adds a lot of water weight which will make you look softer.

I do not have any personal experience with RAD140 but anecdotal accounts say that it will not add the water weight that LGD does and is also about as strong. Whatever you go with, good luck!
    Thanks man
    I would be going on this after my show so not too worried about water. I'd be bulking anyway.

tootallshorty is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Camaroguru View Post
    Thanks man
    I would be going on this after my show so not too worried about water. I'd be bulking anyway.
    Ah I gotcha. Yea LGD is what I think you should go with then. As SARMs go, its really effective. Good luck!

Not sure why you would do SARMS over a simple test cycle.

I personally believe a moderate test cycle is the safest and simplest cycle.
    Third Tier likes this.

Hughinn is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Not sure why you would do SARMS over a simple test cycle.

I personally believe a moderate test cycle is the safest and simplest cycle.
    This ^

And a test cycle with appropriate diet and training will always work.

Thread Information