dooie is offline Senior Member

Lean bulk diet help

hey guys so this is me.. as you can see i am pretty lean i am 6'0 and 12% BF
    i need help with a lean/bulk diet and i got told to post on here so the experienced BBs can help me out

i have a metabolic age of 12 and i love this as i can eat pretty much anything and i am only 23..

i still have alot more gains before i go on a cycle and i hope someone can help me out and give me a killer diet.. so ill post what it is atm. i am serious about BB and hopefully be able to do a comp one day.

my diet.. (not very strict YET) so i think i may have alot of potential.

meal 1: 6 eggs scrambled on 2 wholegrain toast
    meal 2: noramally some fruit, bananas and yoghurt
    meal 3: left overs from dinner.. could be steak, chicken, Mainly pasta! with veges
    meal 4: a light snack. maybe muesli or nuts and fruit
    meal 5: pasta, or chicken or steak with veges and mash

this is basically what it looks like.. i may throw in some maccas for lunch once every 2 weeks and other crap food like that.. as i said its not strict but help is needed to get it strict!!

remember.. LEAN bulk diet!

help is much appreciated
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lean bulk diet help-img_0691.jpg  

i was looking around and saw that u guys want Macros so i took the time to do it.. took me forever so please help..

fat/ carbs/ protein/ cals
    meal 1: 33.7/ 32.3/ 43.6/ 526
    meal 2: 4.2/ 44.2/ 14.2/ 259
    meal 3: 15/ 23.2/ 55.4/ 479
    meal 4: 4.4/ 85.2/ 8.6/ 361
    meal 5: 19.9/ 100.8/ 29.4 / 723

total: 79.5/ 286/ 151/ 2450
    Last edited by dooie; 02-17-2011 at 06:20 AM.

I'm gonna be blunt with you bro - your diet sucks and you need to completely re-work it.

I would start with a 45 - 40 - 15 split (Pro - Carb - Fat). You are currently at 30 - 55 - 15 which is not nearly enough protein. Every meal should consist of a lean protein source and a complex carb eaten every 3 hrs throughout the course of the day.

Also your total cals are way too low to be bulking. Your body cannot increase muscle tissue size out of thin air but rather you need protein and complex carbs.You didn't list your weight but look to be about 190 - 195. If you're 195 for example your lean body mass (LBM) is 172. Take your LBM and multiply it by 15 to get your maintenance calories 172 x 15 = 2580. That's 2580 cal a day just to maintain the LBM that you currently have.

For a lean bulk I would increase cal by 500 per day, 3080 total, and adjust from there based on results. That's why it's important to know the exact macros of everything you're eating and measure all your food b/c if you don't know exactly what you're intake is you can't know what needs to be adjusted to create desired results.

My stats are about the same as yours and you can see my clean bulk diet here: http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...n-Bulk-Diet*** Don't just copy my diet, choose your own food sources that you enjoy eating to create a diet that you can stick to 100%.

When you come up with your new diet plan, post it up here to have it critiqued as it's always a good idea to get other's input and opinions.

Good Luck.

Ahh I did forget my protein shakes.. Which is 96g of protein extra!!

But thank you for ur critiquing.. I'm not finding this harsh! This is very helpful.. My weight fluctuates between 180-185 which gives me a maintain calorie of 2350 cals.. I will look at ur diet now and see how I can get those extra carbs and proteins =)

Thanks again for the help!!
    Anyone else??

mperk is offline Member
    Hey bro - i agree w/ sgt. and definitely include the protein shakes! those are food too! what r u thinking? You need 2 more meals IMO and get rid of the bananas and other high sugar fruit unless it's after workout. Make sure the yogurt is Greek style (high protein). I think you could do a normal bulk if you want to gain size. if you are working out intensely 3-4 days a week that is not enough food to grow on.

Having said all that, you look great for 6' tall - nice shape and taper - just add some size. - You can do it!

Thread Information