Are They Cheaters?

This might be a biased question, but would any of you all consider the big home run kings, and the big football players who take performance enhancing drugs to be cheaters?

Kato is offline Member
    until i meet one person in this world who has never cheated at anything i will not consider them cheaters.

chaeting is = to breathing air

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    my only comments are if the drugs weren't banned at the time they broke the records then no they weren't cheating..... i only fallow baseball for the playoffs just for fun. but my understanding is MLB did not actually ban steriods until like 2001.. which is after the home run kings.

in my mind you are only cheating if you are breaking a rule.. and i don't even do juice but its just how i feel about the topic.

Just wondering, I just get tired of all these yahoo's who don't even see the inside of a gym in the first place lecture athletes about what is cheating and what isn't?
    I mean if an old lady breaks the world record for life expectancy are gonna disqualify her simply because our medicines and lifestyles are better than the previous holder who set it 20 yrs ago? for example?
    I mean yeah AAS do have their side effects and potential dangers, but name me a drug that doesn't? I've been a pharmacy tech for nearly 4 years and I can tell u this AAS ARE, BY FAR not as bad a people make them out to be in comparison to other drugs that are readily dispensed on a daily basis. I think they are just one of the victims of circumstance who are not understood by the general population and therefore are not socially accepted.

IMO steriods are banned because of what people might do with them.. not because of what the avg user would do with them safely...

think of all the other very dangerous methods of changing your body that are legal... hell my roomate just got her boobs done and they fvcked her up...

teenage girls get a type of steriod (birth control) so they can have sex .. what type of shit is that??????

steriod laws are old and IMO drug laws need to be reviewed about a few different drugs... I am a prison guard in florida. i love my job and when i'm at work i don't care what you are in for your an inmate to me, BUT i will admitt i meet guys that are in there for stupid small shit and i just wonder why our court systems send them to prison with murders at $25,000 a year per inmate just to stop them for doing a few roids..

Did Babe Ruth use steroids ? and if not is it fair that Barry Bonds beat his record with the help of juice?

babe ruth might not have, but if you really want to look at it like jaysunderstudy said, should we start making all records void because of the advancements...

i mean why stop with just steriods , think about all the rushers in the NFL that might have had the all time records if they had the meds and rehab we have today.. or wilt chamberlain should have his records taken away since he played at a time when there were NO big guys except him so scoring for him was like one of us playing aginst 5th graders... records will always be broken because we as humans will always grow bigger stronger and fast throw medicine and diets because we learn more and more

thats what i've come to realize, that there is another view to the argument than just what the media paints, I don't really think they were cheaters per say, I mean its not like Bonds was outside the stadium selling them to small children. I'm pretty sure that he used them under the close supervision of his trainer and understood the benefits and risks.
    Thats what people have wrong is that they look at how bad they are but fail to look at how good they are at the same time.
    See I work in a pharmacy, and I can tell u there are alota people getting meds for shit they either don't have or with a few lifestyle changes could be without. I spent many months doing my homework before I even bought a vial of anything and if the public just understood that not the stereotype that these yahoos feed us then they might be a little bit more understanding I would think.
    I mean if u think about it who knows how far one could push their own body with the help of these things. Thats what the sport of bodybuilding is all about breaking new ground and building something out of nothing. Thats really what any sport is about pushing your limits to beat the next guy. Bonds simply used an advantage he had to out-muscle the competition, now people think he's a cheater, but wasn't every young athlete taught by their coaches "If u wanna be successful u have to go beyond ur competition. U have to be better than this guy next to you." I"m sure every athlete heard that in some form or another. I mean even Tony Robbins said it best that "successful people will do what the average guy won't, they will go that extra mile."

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Nemisis
    Did Babe Ruth use steroids? and if not is it fair that Barry Bonds beat his record with the help of juice?
    it is scary to think what babe ruth would do with aas and todays training. the man was hitting more home runs than most teams were in a season! on top of that he was on his way to being the best pitcher in the majors before boston traded him. he is truly the biggest phenom in sports history.

well you know one thing nobody has said... not only the hitters were named in the steriods .. pictchers also... basically half the players in the MLB that start were named... so he might have been hitting on roids, but whos to say half the picthers weren't pitching on roids.. they weren't testing at the time so who knows..

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quarry206
    well you know one thing nobody has said... not only the hitters were named in the steriods.. pictchers also... basically half the players in the MLB that start were named... so he might have been hitting on roids, but whos to say half the picthers weren't pitching on roids.. they weren't testing at the time so who knows..
    good point

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    The day i see a bottle of testosterone take up a bat..and step up to the plate..and whack home a record, is the day i'll attribute someone's records to steroid use .

Athletes train hard..plain and simple.

Steroids do not detract from their accomplishments in my mind.

thekaydense is offline Associate Member
    Did Babe Ruth use steroids? and if not is it fair that Barry Bonds beat his record with the help of juice?
    actually he injected himself with sheep teste extract

Geezy is offline Associate Member
    'roids cant play sports...Plus theyre adults, if they want to so be it, just make sure the kids in H.S. and college cant by random testing and other preventive measures.

fatrock is offline Member
    I dont believe that it would be fair and that it would be cheating, but how are we to know who is using what and when? They dont catch everything, so there is no way to say wether or not someone cheated.

fatrock is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezy
    'roids cant play sports...Plus theyre adults, if they want to so be it, just make sure the kids in H.S. and college cant by random testing and other preventive measures.
    You are right roids cant play sports, you do have to have an exceptional amount of talent but roids do make a difference and can give someone the edge over someone else. Adults have to follow rules too.

ect0m0rph is offline Member
    I think they are cheaters for the reason that it was not allowed. Even if the reason is dumb that it was not allowed, it still wasnt allowed. If some players used and others didnt than it was unfair to the competition. It would be unfair to the guy who wanted to use but didnt because it was against the rules. Either change the rules or live by them I say.

Geezy is offline Associate Member
    but it wasnt allowed just within the last few years, and I agree if it was used when it was prohibited, that could be viewed as chating.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    If you look at pitchers today, there are more 90 mph fast ballers than there even 20 years ago. Some of that has to do with training but I remember when someone hit 90 on a radar gun and they were considered a flame thrower. Today you are average if you throw anything below 95. Shit look at the tigers pitching staff. They had four guys that hit 100mph. 20 years ago there was only one. The Great Nolan Ryan!!!!!!!!!!

TxPumpjack is offline New Member
    IMO when it comes to competion, career, and money sometimes you have to do whatever you feel is necessary. I have a good buddy who plays pro baseball. He got drafted out of high school and started using while he was in the minors. When he made it to the bigs he did bad ass his first season and has been in a horrible batting slump ever since.

1819 is offline Senior Member
    babe ruth was a cocaine abuser. why isnt it cheating when he used coke to wake up and play a game after binge drinking all night?

nbkandrew13 is offline Member
    win at all costs

nbkandrew13 is offline Member
    win at all costs

gigem is offline Banned
    man i feel like this juice doesnt make a batters hand eye coordination better! yes it will make him quicker and stronger but not a better hitter. as for babe ruth he was a bad mfr hell anyone that could party like he did and still accomplish what he did ids great but they didnt have pitchers that could pitch 100mph or have perfected the types of pitches of today. could you imagine if babe had the supps training techniques and 500mg of test a week

bigboy003 is offline Junior Member
    As an athlete (baseball) i feel that to suceed at the next level you have to use steroids ... unless you are gifted by god with unbelievable natural ability... as a ball player ive seen average players turn great with the use of aas... do i think of them as cheaters...NO! Barry Bonds has with out a doubt (yes i have sources) used steroids ... the only reason that he is hated opon the public is because he is an ass hole...period, he is a great hitter, the best all time but bc of his personality he is hated and touted a cheater... i hate barry but the fact is, he is juiceing but he is hitting balls from juiced pitchers also... so my answer is no, its not cheating... everyone is doing it period!

jpeso is offline Junior Member
    if they are all using them then no

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    steroids don't make good baseball players. Training and practice do tho...
    I feel that steroids have nothing to do with skill...

Thread Information