Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    dirtybrit55 is offline Member
    Rugby is crazy tough, overall football has better athletes but they cudnt survive with 8% body fat and geting hit 6x as often (because if a receiver catches 8 times that is decent and so he is only being hit 8 times really) so the rugby players who have great speed but are like 10%bf can withstand a hell of a beating. Yes I have played both, my dentist was a Scottish second row. Also in terms of craziness it is rugby because if you are ver in the front row of a scrum you'd wanna leave quick, those hookers will bite bunch and spit all over you! Rugby wins..........

Rugby13 is offline Member
    One factor would be the risk of severe injury with relation to how often those severe injuries actually take place.
    IMO a contact sport that has padding and protection is less likely to produce as many severe injuries.

LotsoLove is offline Associate Member
    Just curious how fast are the other guys on the field because he could look faster than everyone else bc they are slow but dont forget even the 300 pounders run under a 5 so how fast do u think the other people run

Quote Originally Posted by LotsoLove
    The position you are describing sounds more like a tight end to me.... but whats this guys 40 time if he's so fast??? I wanna know if he is???
    As far as he's 40 time goes, I wouldn't be able to tell you. Football is probably the only sport that measures the time over 40 yards. Like I said earlier his 100meter dash time was 10sec, which is a little slower than the world record...so if you can work out what his 40 time would be let me know.

I dont agree you assume that just because there is protection means that people are protected the equipment causes more damage than it protects and dont forget anout the lower body there is little protection there at all if you have ever worn those pads they do nothing THERE IS EXTREMELY HIGH RISK OF INJURY IN FOOTBALL SORRY TO BREAK IT YOU!! If they protect why is there a warning not to use the helmet as a weapon bc it cause paralysis and death or other injuries but it is much safer huh???

they are using helmets as this makes the game more colorful, noisy and appealing to americans who go for that ****, rugby is a mans game, simple as that

Well I have no idea and I dont feel like doing the math but the nfl recievers many of them are olympic competitiors along with the running backs im sure he's not slow but I'm sure I have seen faster

Just curious how fast are the other guys on the field because he could look faster than everyone else bc they are slow but dont forget even the 300 pounders run under a 5 so how fast do u think the other people run
    Glad you asked, one of the south africa props (equivalent to your big boys in football) was about 3 steps behind our winger who was a world class sprinter. The difference is though that he's able to do it for 80mins, and not just in bursts every other play. or for 4 plays then take a break.

and the bright yellow jerseys arent for color kiss my ass go to France if you give a sh*it about fashion!!! The helmets have nothing to do w/ w/e it is you just tried to say just go put on a bright pink thong and aa lacy bra and go run around if you want but dont bring that in here

True but so can soccer players are they tough if you say yes u should join thong boy but most of the bigger players now a days can run down the fast recievers so its not slow in fball either

I dont agree you assume that just because there is protection means that people are protected the equipment causes more damage than it protects and dont forget anout the lower body there is little protection there at all if you have ever worn those pads they do nothing THERE IS EXTREMELY HIGH RISK OF INJURY IN FOOTBALL SORRY TO BREAK IT YOU!! If they protect why is there a warning not to use the helmet as a weapon bc it cause paralysis and death or other injuries but it is much safer huh???
    Once again you're making out as if I said there is NO risk of injury in football. I didn't say that. And I'm sure if you hit someone on the bear head with a helmet you can cause paralysis but as we both know in football both parties have a helmet. and yes there is little padding on the lower body but what serious injuries are we talking there. (not talking knees)

ok but why do they feel the need for helmets? Rugby players do just fine without them as I sed most of them are smart also, doctors and dentists and successful careers afterwards especially before rugby turned pro around 10 yrs ago, cos before that these athletes made their money with other careers. Shows how far rugby has come and will continue to do so....

soccer's not a contact sport bro...

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugby13
    One factor would be the risk of severe injury with relation to how often those severe injuries actually take place.
    IMO a contact sport that has padding and protection is less likely to produce as many severe injuries.
    a sever injury would be neck or tearing a ligament. .padding cant help that dumb ass

jonah lomu was the man, i m english and after he did that **** in'95 in the semis, omg. Errrr you're the one who has 'lotsolove' for them pink thongs, i just sed that america values the bright lights etc and therefore making these men look like gladiators does it for you...

let it be set straight, i like football

How come there is paralysis in football or concosions then since they all have helmets its no big deal. Just bc you have a helmet on doesnt meant anything with your theory there should be no concusions but how come every game day there are many people w/ broken bones and broken necks and concusions those shouldnt exist. Also, the leg injuries im talking about are the ones where the only way you can walk is w/ a cane or wheel chair or ending your career. And how come you exclude knee injuries trust me those will f u up the rest of your life i mean i think the avg nfl lineman will have to have at least 3 or 4 knee surgerys during their career and many afterwards so thats major to

err how about a collapsed scrum that will kill you, i know of at least 2 TEENAGERS from my area who have died in a collapsed scrum. Rugby is no joke

the lights r for the fans and convient for their schedules and more attraction not for the players there is a big difference!! Dont get that confused we r not talkin fan point of view and im sorry bout the thong you seem more like a tutu person if the lighting is a part of this argument

dirtybrit55 u have posted the dumbest things i have ever seen in this thread. . .go away nobody likes you. .not even the dancing bananna

Not sayin it isn't but when do those injuries happen in the scrum or pile or w/e its called when people are punching and kicking those injuries happen just not as publicized the lil misses would not be happy if thats well known

i meant by bright lights etc that you have **** like TV time outs and advertisents every 2 seconds which is about fans etc BUT it is related becuase it tranfers into what is being done on the field ie. with helmets etc, because the NFL cud survive equally well in terms of football quality without the pads and helmets bu they are left there to entertain fans.

it's dumb to u b/c u have no idea about rugby, while i know about both

And you wooden tooth brit just because the recievers dont catch a pass does not mean they dont hit they block too buddy just for the record along w/ everyone else how come on espn they show highlights of qb's blockin if they dont hit w/ no ball or downfield blocks but that is not hitting seriously shut up unless you have somthing useful to say

i like to fuk yank girls how about that.

How come there is paralysis in football or concosions then since they all have helmets its no big deal. Just bc you have a helmet on doesnt meant anything with your theory there should be no concusions but how come every game day there are many people w/ broken bones and broken necks and concusions those shouldnt exist. Also, the leg injuries im talking about are the ones where the only way you can walk is w/ a cane or wheel chair or ending your career. And how come you exclude knee injuries trust me those will f u up the rest of your life i mean i think the avg nfl lineman will have to have at least 3 or 4 knee surgerys during their career and many afterwards so thats major to
    Bro, firstly don't tell me that EVERY gameday there are people with broken necks, bones and concussions. Bullsh!t!!!!! There aren't every rugby game either but you're overdoing it a little man. I left the leg injuries out because both sports suffer sever leg injuries, my dad has had 9 knee surgeries as a result of rugby but that comes with the territory. And don't say people play with concusions (not that you've said that but I see it coming) because especially in america where everything is so health conciess (sp) they wouldn't allow them to play with a concussion. Three week minimum away from the game. So if there were as many concussions as you said there would be a lot more talk about them due to possible brain trauma etc...

You are talkin nfl and i agree i hate that **** but go to college its completely diff and when will u ever listen i do know stuff about rugby i just dont follow it just go away and for the record helmets came out b4 tv time outs or live broadcasting just to let you know that is all for the fan not the players god you are an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrit55
    i meant by bright lights etc that you have **** like TV time outs and advertisents every 2 seconds which is about fans etc BUT it is related becuase it tranfers into what is being done on the field ie. with helmets etc, because the NFL cud survive equally well in terms of football quality without the pads and helmets bu they are left there to entertain fans.
    "your an idiot, get off this site. . .you a prob a lil dumbass who shops at GNC and does a 6 week winny cycle for spring break."-

i m an NCAA athlete albeit basketball

Bro, firstly don't tell me that EVERY gameday there are people with broken necks, bones and concussions. Bullsh!t!!!!! There aren't every rugby game either but you're overdoing it a little man. I left the leg injuries out because both sports suffer sever leg injuries, my dad has had 9 knee surgeries as a result of rugby but that comes with the territory. And don't say people play with concusions (not that you've said that but I see it coming) because especially in america where everything is so health conciess (sp) they wouldn't allow them to play with a concussion. Three week minimum away from the game. So if there were as many concussions as you said there would be a lot more talk about them due to possible brain trauma etc...
    i have played with concusions. . so has Lotso. . so has almost every kid on our team in some point of his life. . YOU ARE WRONG

Not sayin it isn't but when do those injuries happen in the scrum or pile or w/e its called when people are punching and kicking those injuries happen just not as publicized the lil misses would not be happy if thats well known
    With the way television is nowadays that stuff would most definately be publicized more.

I am not saying every game im sayin every sunday I gaurantee there is at least one serious injury you really have no idea do you. There are concussions every week its just the pansies that report it there r those pansies in rugby too im sure but I gauratee you there are concussions every week in fact i gaurantee in my season last season there was a concussion every game you stereotyoe america like a european yes they r strict on it but it doesnt mean poeople dont play w/ it

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrit55
    i m an NCAA athlete albeit basketball
    oooooooo, grrrrrrrrrr. . .me and lotso are d-1 schlorship football players. .so go eat ass

I've played with concussion also bro but I'm talking pro level. That won't slide there. There are enough replacements to replace someone who has a concussion...rugby and football. The difference with us is we don't have a doc checking up on us every 5 mins so when our headache goes away we think it's ok to play. Pros don't have that luxury

why can't we all agree that rugby is tougher, thats what its all about right? Football is good too

oh so bc its pro its true for all levels sh*t they get millions of dollars i dont see that come on ur reachin there we have the trainers checkin that stuff out but you know there are people who lie and dont tell trainers just to let you know

I've played with concussion also bro but I'm talking pro level. That won't slide there. There are enough replacements to replace someone who has a concussion...rugby and football. The difference with us is we don't have a doc checking up on us every 5 mins so when our headache goes away we think it's ok to play. Pros don't have that luxury
    pros. . like us ncaa athletes, dont report all those cocnusion my friend. .and the coach wont hesitate to play a kid who has a concusion. .the best play, injured or healthy

I'm talking concussions where you're knocked out and hve to be carried off....not just out for a couple seconds bro. If people have to be carried of the field in a game you always hear of it doesn't matter which sport. They don't have to report those.....being carried of the field is reporting enough.

there isnt any need to get angry

Brit i refuse to respond to u we r given r opinions not playin ghandi this is another useless post as far as i am concerened you are not worth life

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information