Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    nyironchin is offline New Member

Is it possible to be 6'8 270 lbs with 5% bodyfat naturally? (NBA related))

As this is a steroids related forum, I just wanted to know some opinions on whether its possible to be 6'8 270 lbs with 5% bodyfat naturally w/o use of any steroids/peds. I am indirectly talking about the legitimacy of a certain basketball player so this is sports related.

LexusIS09 is offline suspended for a very long time
    NBA players absolutely do not take steroids . NBA players have the genetics of gods.

The reason they are able to get to that size naturally is through continuous training and dieting. You better believe that when you come into the NBA they put you through one hell of a physical transformation. It's possible because they pay nutritionists to plan your every meal, personal trainers whose specific goal is to get you as cut and athlete as possible... and not to mention the fact that athletes who play high minutes in professional leagues actually end up burning something ridiculous like 4000 - 6000 calories in a single day.

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    yes it is possible, but I would question the 5% bodyfat. That is NOT a healthy % to maintain year round

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    Are you implying Lebron is on the gas? He is not 270....

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    Howard, and the OP is questioning Pro athlete legitimacy as his first post....LOL

nyironchin is offline New Member
    im talkn about lebron
    his SI article about his weight lifting regime discusses him being around 270+
    i went to this forum, b/c if somebody were to know if someone was using , this would be it

How are we supposed to know if he is on the juice? Because I'm on a cycle means I can sniff out someone else? Is this for your journalism course? I can't imagine juice being that advantageous for Basketball players. Lebron is a beast no doubt but 270, I think not. Not to mention that he is not built that large. His frame is big but he does not pack around a ton of muscle. If you want him to be on a cycle than he is and if you don't want him to be on one then he's not.

Biff77 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LexusIS09 View Post
    NBA players absolutely do not take steroids . NBA players have the genetics of gods.

The reason they are able to get to that size naturally is through continuous training and dieting. You better believe that when you come into the NBA they put you through one hell of a physical transformation. It's possible because they pay nutritionists to plan your every meal, personal trainers whose specific goal is to get you as cut and athlete as possible... and not to mention the fact that athletes who play high minutes in professional leagues actually end up burning something ridiculous like 4000 - 6000 calories in a single day.
    Hmmmm!!!! ya took a look at Andre Igodallas head and body 4 years ago ,, LOOK at it now!!! You tell me some of the guys in the NBA arent on nothing but genetics.. B>>> S>>> thats only 1 example too

Please provide more examples. I have a hard time believing this

skinnypunk is offline Associate Member
    I agree with Biff, a lot of guys are suspect in the NBA.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by nyironchin View Post
    im talkn about lebron
    his SI article about his weight lifting regime discusses him being around 270+
    i went to this forum, b/c if somebody were to know if someone was using , this would be it
    lebron is nowhere near 5%, i would be surprised if he was sub 10, would need pics to better gauge that though

JinNtonic is offline Member
    As with ALL pro Athletes. There is way too much money to be made. I dont blame any of them for doing what ever it takes to make it. To think they dont is blind.

What steroid would be beneficial in basketball?

Frank_The_Tank is offline New Member
    Lebron is NOT 100% natural. If you believe he is a have some ocean front property in arizona for ya for sale!!!

Your an idiot.

Frank_The_Tank is offline New Member
    What steroid would be beneficial in basketball?
    This is a joke right?

Not at all. Please enlighten me.

NBA players could definitely benefit from the recovery benefits of AAS during a long, grueling season. It wasn't too long ago that many were saying the same about MLB. I heard so many people say, " steroids don't help hand-eye coordination, etc." We all know now that steroids are rampant in baseball. AAS can help them recover during that long season when they are playing everyday and traveling day to day. Just my opinion.

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnypunk View Post
    NBA players could definitely benefit from the recovery benefits of AAS during a long, grueling season. It wasn't too long ago that many were saying the same about MLB. I heard so many people say, " steroids don't help hand-eye coordination, etc." We all know now that steroids are rampant in baseball. AAS can help them recover during that long season when they are playing everyday and traveling day to day. Just my opinion.
    not to dis-agree with you.. because i do agree...

but MLB became a place for steroids more so because the game has changed majorly.. it went from a sport of about timing and skill to who can throw the hardest and hit the farthest to put people in the seats... before the mid-90s a manger would bench somebody for striking out 100 times a year because they were trying to hit a home run every at bat... but now mangers don't care about about strike outs as long as you can promise a HR once out of every 10 at bats....baseball changed on how coaches allowed it to be played and who was the stars. so in turn players went to steroids to help them jump up in strength and speed...IMO that is why it was so wide spread in baseball.

barry bonds was an amazing fielder and base hitter before he started steroids.. but people think of him as a home run hitter because thats what he became to make money and become a star, even though his talent as a baseball player dropped. but when barry was close the the record ball parks sold out every night, so playing shitty or not SF played him..

but i do agree steroids in general would help any pro with long seasons and demand on the body in any sport..

I agree with a lot of that, but keep in mind that steroids in baseball were very common for at least 10 years before Sosa, Mcguire, and Bonds were re-writing the record books. Any athlete can benefit from added strength, speed, and recovery.

meathead320 is offline Member
    Honeslty, steroids just ampliy whatever you are training for.

If you train for the wrong thing, then steroids will make things harder, only because you amplified your training more in the wrong direction.

If a sprinter is on 600mg of test EW, and trains as a powerlifter, then he will be slower.

If on the other hand he trains the way he always has, as a sprinter, he will ntotice himself just getting better, even if he thought he was maxed out beforehand.

Steroids did not slow down Ben Johnson. Heck, that is was got everyone upset in the first place.

If a baskeball player uses them properly, and trains as a basketball player, he will get better at what he is doing.

There is also testosterones effect on competitive motivation. For some reason it really seemes to increase the instinctive desire to dominate. In a sport it can give that extra "grrr".

It wont likely cause uncontrollable agression, and roid rage is a myth, but in terms of giving that mean badass edge, testosterone is in many ways the biggest factor to begin with, even in natural guys.

Good point

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    Lebron is one of the most genetically gifted athletes I've ever seen. I played against him in high school, and he was a MAN among high schoolers. To the O.P., sometimes you've just got to face the fact that even with steroids , most of us will never be able to get to the point that some are at naturally.

That said, Lebron is nowhere near 5% bf and is not and has never taken AAS. Look at his progression from high school to now to see my point.

^^^agreed

Shawn Bradley was on steroids

Just not one's that were anabolic .

tallguy23 is offline Junior Member
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...es-2967/links/

There are Leron's predraft measurments. 6'7.25" and 245 with 6.7% bodyfat. I would say he has added some weight since then.

6.7% is very suprising to me. Very jealous

Man, I saw some close-up pictures of him from this years playoffs. He is fit like a butcher's dog!

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfew44 View Post
    Lebron is one of the most genetically gifted athletes I've ever seen. I played against him in high school, and he was a MAN among high schoolers. To the O.P., sometimes you've just got to face the fact that even with steroids , most of us will never be able to get to the point that some are at naturally.

That said, Lebron is nowhere near 5% bf and is not and has never taken AAS. Look at his progression from high school to now to see my point.
    AAS probably not, but hgh and a few other peptides, i wouldn't doubt it due to the extra lubrication they would give to the joints

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    AAS probably not, but hgh and a few other peptides, i wouldn't doubt it due to the extra lubrication they would give to the joints
    I can definitely see this. Every athlete is looking to be bigger, stronger, and faster so why would they not???

Lebron does Tren only cycles

ray0414 is offline Member
    they always screw with stats to make them seem bigger. ben wallace was listed at 6'9 but everyone in the detroit area (including the announcers on tv) knew he was only 6'6. i do not think he is 270 considering shaq is just about 325. and im sure shaq has more than 50lbs on james.

I think you are confusing Wallace with Charles Barkley. Wallace seems pretty damn tall

in the huddles he still towers over Lebron and he's a legit 6'7''

jrrogers is offline New Member
    LeBron is 6'8... he's 250-260

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    If you're a pro athlete and aren't on HGH, you aren't trying.

^^^Wise words

bigpapabuff is offline Senior Member
    very wise words

What does that make me if I'm on HGH and I don't play sports?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information