Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    powerful intelligent is offline Associate Member

greatest football player

I posted in another forum but i think this will be better. It is my opinion that bo jackson was the greatest football player ever. His athletisism is unsurpassed. I think the only football player that even resembles him (after 20 years of being retired) is adrian peterson. Agree or disagree

Vitruvian-Man is offline Banned
    Troy Aikman.

Hands down. Cowboys for life. lol.

jfalco is offline Member
    Lots of better running backs than bo jackson. His career was too short to call him the best ever. I can't even to begin to call anyone the best fb player ever becuase the positions are just too different. How do you compare a great defensive end like Reggie White, to a great runner like Walter Peyton? For me, the most impressive player ever is Barry Sanders, because he was able to make his nome part of any conversation for the best runner ever while playing his entire career for a terrible team. All the other great runners had great offensive lines.

Virtruvian, don't you think Emmit smith had as much to do with the Cowboys success during the Aikman years as Aikman? Smith holds just about ever rushing record that there is.

Vitruvian-Man is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jfalco View Post
    Virtruvian, don't you think Emmit smith had as much to do with the Cowboys success during the Aikman years as Aikman? Smith holds just about ever rushing record that there is.
    Barry Sanders is amazing. you're right. what an incredible career.

Emmit was the foundation. Aikman was the glue that made the offense come together. Two great hall of famers!

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Best pure runner I have ever seen at running back is Barry Sanders. His agility was breathtaking and fun to watch.

jfalco is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Papi93 View Post
    Best pure runner I have ever seen at running back is Barry Sanders. His agility was breathtaking and fun to watch.
    x2. Man would I have loved to have seen what he could have done with some blocking.

Monster87 is offline Member
    I already posted this on the other thread, here's my opinion...
    I believe statistics, winning vs. losing, clutch performances, talent and athleticism are some of the most important characteristics you should consider when evaluating one's greatness. A lot of people put most of the emphasis on winning, but I think in football (and baseball) it's very difficult to have an impact on the outcome of games as an individual, whereas in basketball and hockey it's much easier to influence the final score because there are so fewer men on the field.
    With that said, I believe the greatest football player of all time was JERRY RICE. He played on three super bowl champion teams, was a Super Bowl MVP, had a 4.2 40, incredible quickness, great hands, and oh yea, just about every single NFL wide receiver record, ever. It will be decades before anyone comes close to breaking his touchdown record. There's so much disparity between him and any other wide receiver, plus his perennial winning and sick athleticism, it's hard argue that he wasn't the greatest.
    Peyton Manning I really think is starting to look like best quarterback of all time. I'll definitely debate that with some of you bandwagon new england fans later.

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    Jerry Rice

Humble and best player ever, hold tons of records

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Barry Sanders was the only reason that I ever watched a Lions game, I think he was the best pure running back ever.

Having said that I would have to say Tom Brady is probably the most successful and accomplished play in his era. I really dont like Brady but I cant argue with how good he is.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    Peyton Manning and/or Jim Brown

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Jim Brown!!! Hands down!!! 9 yr career, 12 game season. Still holds the all time avg yards per rush. Dominated football games. He owned every single rushing record for years.

Oh for the guy who said Jerry Rice. Great argument but the man never ran 4.2. His best time was 4.7. I posted this on another thread, his work ethic, route running, and precision is what made him great. He was never the most athletic. That is why he was drafted low and played at a Div 2 school.

powerful intelligent is offline Associate Member
    Lots of better running backs than bo jackson. His career was too short to call him the best ever. I can't even to begin to call anyone the best fb player ever becuase the positions are just too different. How do you compare a great defensive end like Reggie White, to a great runner like Walter Peyton? For me, the most impressive player ever is Barry Sanders, because he was able to make his nome part of any conversation for the best runner ever while playing his entire career for a terrible team. All the other great runners had great offensive lines.

can you honestly say that one or two football players were better than bo jackson? how many football players have you seen with his power and speed ( he qualified for the olympics in the 100 meters). Power he ran over tacklers repetedly. dont forget he was an all star in two sports. Yes he did not have the longevity due to a horrible injury but look at some of his highlights and listen to his contempararies in both sports.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    too many different positions...

but overall: offense: Jim Brown, defense: Lawrence Taylor

^^^You're a wise man, BigSexxy!!!

Yes we can!!! LOL!!!

LT was an absolute beast

PC650 is offline Senior Member
    joe montana!!!!

PEyton

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    ^^^You're a wise man, BigSexxy!!!

Yes we can!!! LOL!!!

hahaha

You ain't too bad yourself BgMc.

Akrobatik is offline Associate Member
    Joe Montana

Left Hook is offline Banned
    Payton

Walter?

urbanbody is offline Member
    LT on and off the field.

dangerous dan is offline Anabolic Member
    Steven Gerrard

^^^^Who?
    David Gerrard? Boy he is talented.

dangerous dan is offline Anabolic Member
    nope steven gerrard

OhioMuscle22 is offline Associate Member
    Barry Sanders, Story over

go4gold is offline Member
    Barry Sanders hands down. Would have rewitten the record books if he played longer. Would have been a god if he had a decent team and line to play with. He was a waste a talent there in Detroit. You guys should check out his college stats, amazing and He only played three years there. His jr year was astonding and he won the heismen.
    Last edited by go4gold; 01-22-2010 at 10:29 PM.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    dan marino was by far the best qb ever during the season but you put montana in the playoffs he became the best. lawrence taylor was the best definsive player and i would say barry sanders was the best rb and would hold every record if he didnt retire prematurely. in 10 years though i belive chris johnson from tenn will take barry sanders place as the best of all time
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

illaJ is offline Junior Member
    ray lewis?! haha

jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    I say like an earlier poster, there is way too many great players past and present to say just one is the greatest of all time. You would almost have to pick a player from each position and even then it would be difficult.

Im a die hard 49ers fan so Im a bit biased, but if I had to cast a vote for one, it would be Jerry Rice. Based on just work ethic, sheer determination, and hands down ablility. Not to mention he just played the game the way it was supposed to be played. Never a hot dog or a big mouth, he just went out there a scored touchdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by PC650 View Post
    joe montana!!!!
    finally someone with some insight

ComradeCarnivore is offline New Member
    My Top 5

5. Barry Sanders

4. Gail Sayers

3. Jerry Rice

2. Joe Montana

1. Jim Brown

Young guy my age all have different opinions but damn near every who lived in the Jim Brown era tend to agree that he's the greatest football player ever.

Reggie Bush

twodrunkduck is offline New Member
    Troy Aikman.

baynethebluepit is offline Junior Member
    Prob jim brown or montana, but my personal fav is randy moss the FREAK. The most talented player I've ever seen.

sorry to double post but moss was on the 98 vikings 15 and 1. And the 97 Pats 18 and 1. Two pretty good seasons. Not to mention breaking rice's record for td's.

Sorry but I disagree...JIM BROWN IS THE GREATEST FOOTBALL PLAYER EVER!!! He dominated in his era and had the size, speed, and strength to play in any era. Plus when Dick Butkus says the only player he didn't want to tackle is Jim Brown...THAT'S HUGE!!!!!

jg2
    jg2 is offline Associate Member
    x2. Man would I have loved to have seen what he could have done with some blocking.
    im from detroit and its sickening not knowing what he could have done with a line like the cowgirls had for emitt... i think aikman could have rushed for 1000 a year behind that line...

oldschoolfitness is offline Associate Member
    walter payton hands down icon, legend, superbowl champ name it!! go bears for life give'em hell cutler!!

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    Sorry but I disagree...JIM BROWN IS THE GREATEST FOOTBALL PLAYER EVER!!! He dominated in his era and had the size, speed, and strength to play in any era. Plus when Dick Butkus says the only player he didn't want to tackle is Jim Brown...THAT'S HUGE!!!!!
    Your agreeing not disagreeing, I said jim brown, just never got to see him play other then nfl films and so on, he was a beast no doubt.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information