Thread: Stretch Marks??

mustang331 is offline Member

Stretch Marks??

I wish it was from me gaining muscle but that just isn't true

As I begin to shed some of this weight that I gained in the last year (90lbs) I am starting to see stretch marks

At first I saw them on my lovely love handles and inner thighs.. I didn't mind to much, but now they are directly in the middle of my stomach and now its just to much..

I used to have a nice lean body and now that I am fat slob (actually lost 30lbs so far) I have these nasty stretch marks..

That said, there really isn't anything I could do about it right?? I know vitamin E you can rub on them, but they didn't do anything for my sister when she was preg.

As I lose more and more weight it seems they are more and more visible and they are RED!

I fear the more I lose the more visible they will become..

Any other tricks or tips? Or just learn to deal with them??

THANKS!

clockwork_killer is offline Associate Member
    boi oil is the best iv herd of mate and iv used it my self its works ok but for me nout special. its used for the prevention aswel not jus to reduce the appearance. or grow a hairy belly lol
    Last edited by clockwork_killer; 11-15-2008 at 02:57 PM.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    x2

bio oil is really good, I am seeing very good improvements with it and its pretty cheap too available at walmart.

Chode Logan is offline AR's Ravishing Maestro of Anabolic Tastyness
    I used to have some savage stretch marks dude, and to be honest nothing worked for me. I used plenty of different vitamins and creams, ones meant for women who had kids and had horrible stretch marks. Time was the only thing, they're still there but not visible anymore, they're just slightly whiter than the rest of my skin. Tanning helps.

You might want to try and see if there are any places that run clinical trials where you are located. I know where I leave I keep hearing advertisements on the radio looking for people with stretchmark's to test a new medication?

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I have them right in the crease of my arms....talk about shitty place to have them. haha
    ***No source checks!!!***

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    i have some pretty impressive tiger stripes on my pecs, i use bio oil, sometimes it helps but overall you're always going to be stuck with them. tanning does help as mentioned before

davpet is offline New Member

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Gears is offline Member
    Ive got some pretty beast stretch marks on my bi`s and the outside of my chest. I`m going to have to agree with chode with the tan, get a membership... Its not feminine.

transform is offline Associate Member
    I have terrible stretch marks, got them all in the first year and a half of training. Theyll really fade over time until theyre nearly the same colour as the rest of your skin, but theyll be a slightly lighter shade so will stick out.

Anyway, best over the counter stuff Ive had is Bio-oil as someone else mentioned or just coco-butter, vitamin E cream or aloe vera.Theyll help make them fade a bit faster and also help prevent future stretch marks by giving your skin some more elasticity.

A prescription cream I got for stretch marks before was something called Retin-A. It was a couple of years ago when I tried it and I think it did help a fair bit in terms of making the stretch marks fade, but it didnt make them smaller or anything like that. Nothing I ever used made them smaller or anything, just made them fade a bit faster and prevent new ones, stretch marks never fade away entirely, but Im used to mine now and dont care about em, and Ive got em pretty bad! lol.

Best of luck

Thread Information