AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires

Should I buy Milk Thistle and Hawthorne POWDERS?

I found powders for both of these in 1, 2, 8, and 16 oz containers at www.leavesandroots.com

With 16 oz (900 grams) being around $7-$12 each, it is obviously MUCH cheaper for me to cap my own here but my question is this:

Is a powder "MILK THISTLE seed powder Silybum marianum " the same as the stuff you buy on the shelf as far as potency goes?

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Same with hawthorne berry powder. In nsa's sample M1T cycle he had hawthorne berry extract. Are these the same? AandF and I will have a capping party if they are.

Cousin Eddie is offline Associate Member
    I believe that 16oz is 453 grams, not 900. Also, Milk Thistle seed powder is the raw form. It is not a standardized 80% Silymarin extract, which most people use.

Silymarin is not one of the easier things to cap. It can be very time consuming because of the consistancy of the powder. It does not freely flow into the empty caps. You can try to mix it with something else to make it a little easier.

You can buy a bottle of 250 count Silymarin 80% extract in 450mg. caps with no fillers or flow agents for $16.95. That is pretty cheap, and a hell of a lot less work IMO.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Thanks bro

if concerned about liver NAC and Glucorell (r-ala + biotin) are better choices.

milk thistle is decent but as mention must be standardized.

Thread Information