Thread: Arginine Types

ShadyMilkman is offline New Member

Arginine Types

Just wondering what the differences are between Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate (AAKG) Powder, DiArginine Malata, and L-Arginine free form are. Anyone?

Just answered one of my own questions...AAKG is argainine + Alpha-Ketoglutarate...is there any benefit to the combination of the two? Also I still haven't found anything comparing them (AAKG, DiArginine Malate, and L-Arginine free form).

Edit: I feel stupid now...

taken from KnightRider's post: "[suppname] uses the superior Arginine Di-Malate, delivering the highest conversion of arginine to NO."

The question remains then, whats better: AAKG or Arg DiMalate?
    Last edited by ShadyMilkman; 01-24-2005 at 07:24 PM.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    There are so many products out there that will result in far more (in terms of gains) than arginine. As a young athlete i've learned to not waste money on products that don't produce gains, save your money and buy something better. Like protein, carbs, fats & creatine. Arginine is something your body needs, but its not a huge player when it comes to mass gain and hormone release. I would spend the money on something more effective for mass gains.

If I'm already on Creatine and a good Protein shake, is there any thing else you would recommend? (besides of course a good multi) Or just more food? :-)

nsa
    Food should be the number thing you spend money on for performance enhancement. Supplements are just that, supplements. They are meant to supplement a part of your diet that is lacking. If you eat right and often you shouldn't need supplements to gain mass. But we're not perfect so we do need supplements. But IMO proteins, carbs, multi's, creatine and EFA's are good starters. With those supplements, a decent diet and a decent training regimen you should grow like a weed, especially if your young and your testo levels are as high as theyb will ever be.

Thx for the advice. I also take flax seed oil.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    all of that said.... which is better to use?

nsa
    I would use AAKG if i was trying to supplement an arginine deficiency.

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    An NO supplement is best used in conjuction with creatine, as NO on its own doesnt do much for muscle. With di arginine malate, you get the benefit of malic acid.

nsa
    Quote Originally Posted by prolangtum
    An NO supplement is best used in conjuction with creatine, as NO on its own doesnt do much for muscle. With di arginine malate, you get the benefit of malic acid.
    I agree, using arginine with creatine is best. Arginine, creatine and insulin would be ideal though.

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    i would only use insulin if on a good amount of AAS.....which I usually am. Add some r-ala before and afterworkout, and be prepared to not being able to take your shirt off.

Thread Information