jeffsz28 is offline Associate Member

Weight gainer and protein powder

i'm taking both right now. my question is do i really need to take both of them? my main goal is to gain weight. the weight gainer has the same BCAA's as my protein powder does.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    REAL FOOD is the most anabolic thing you can put into your body naturally. Eat real food as much as possible...

*edit* by real food i meal whole foods*

k0nsl is offline Banned
    I agree with novastepp, of course.

My routine is this:

I usually eat something one hour before working out coupled with a shake of protein powder (2dl = 35 grams of protein, I believe) and 3dl of weight gainer powder in the same shake. I drink this together with my meal.

After the workout I mix 1,5dl of protein powder and drink it up directly and quickly prepare a meal.

I drink the weight gainer shakes throughout the whole day --and only the protein powder before and after working out, together with a meal.

And when I am drinking these weight gainer shakes throghout the day, I usually mix in 1dl of oathmeal in it, sometimes more.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Mixing with real food is a better way to utilize a weight gainer if you decide that you need it...

e-dawg is offline Junior Member
    i was able to put on 15 solid pounds with the help of weight gainer in just over six weeks. Although i had just lost 20 pounds throughout the year before. I had more fat before around 17%. Now i'm around 13%.

what weight gainer did u use ?

Milky87 is offline Member
    weighgainers are just proten powders with sugers. A 4kg tub of each here cost about 10$ apart, so I can easily just go and buy some sugar to add to it for the xtra calories that the WG would have added

so the only advantage of taking a shake and weight gainer would be intaking extra calories. i would like to just take the weight gainer instead and put my money towards other supps.

yodaddy is offline Associate Member
    weight gainers are good becuase uc an extract all the extra calories in the gainers much better then from anythign else....but also i would say just EAT EAT EAT reg whole foods

e-dawg is offline Junior Member
    i used mucsle juice by ultimate nutrition. I took half a serving, about 500 calories a day, on top of my normal diet. I was about 750-1000 cals above my maintinence. I did put on a little fat, but a couple months of dieting and cardio got me down to about13%. Overall about 13-15lbs muslce. I also took protein shakes before and after workouts.

Thread Information