Just received my Dextrose...

I bought a 2 pound bag of Dextrose from bodybuilding.com and boy is it small. On the way it says serving size 1.25 tsp (4g) has 4 grams of carbs and 4 cgrams of sugars. 1 scoop of protein powder is equivelent to 28 grams 23 grams of protein. Should I scoop out 2 protein scoops of dextrose and mix with with my 1 scoop of protein whey. If so dang that seems like alot of sugar.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    i take it you didn't read up on dex before you bought it...yeah it will be a lot of sugar...

I did, just didnt expect it to be a huge amt like that. So Im assuming 2 protein scoops of destrose then?

Ok just got back from the gym mixed 1 1/2 scoop of whey 35 grams of protein with of the same scoop from the protein of dextrose 60 grams, I assume around 75 grams of carbs, and i almost threw up that crap was entirely too SWEET! Maybe I over dosed it, I dont think so though. So I mixed 1 scoop of dextrose with the protein and one serving of oatmeal and im eating it now. Maybe im doing it wrong or all you guys on this forums taste buds are warped haha. But seriously if im doing this right, if there an alternate to PWO nutrition with the double the carbs and 1 dose of prtoein?

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyTampa09
    Ok just got back from the gym mixed 1 1/2 scoop of whey 35 grams of protein with of the same scoop from the protein of dextrose 60 grams, I assume around 75 grams of carbs, and i almost threw up that crap was entirely too SWEET! Maybe I over dosed it, I dont think so though. So I mixed 1 scoop of dextrose with the protein and one serving of oatmeal and im eating it now. Maybe im doing it wrong or all you guys on this forums taste buds are warped haha. But seriously if im doing this right, if there an alternate to PWO nutrition with the double the carbs and 1 dose of prtoein?
    this is why a lot fo guys go half dextrose half maltodextrin, because it is CrAzY sweet...

Natty99 is offline Member
    I do 2 scoops of protein, 1 scoop of dex, a banana, and ice. MMMM Tasty!

hmm I assume that could work, time to invest in a blender!

Also what other candies can I look into to take with my protein shake. Or what specific ingredients. My school doesnt have sweetarts. But we do have skittles and starburst.

you don't have to have High GI carbs man, you can easily have oats or something else...

Natty99 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyTampa09
    hmm I assume that could work, time to invest in a blender!

Also what other candies can I look into to take with my protein shake. Or what specific ingredients. My school doesnt have sweetarts. But we do have skittles and starburst.
    Are you kidding? No cnady bro.......Grape juice works well too for that insulin spike!

Quote Originally Posted by Natty99
    Are you kidding? No cnady bro.......Grape juice works well too for that insulin spike!
    well smarties are all dextrose and those will work just fine. dextrose is basically candy to me

That 1 1/2 scoop of whey 1 scoop of dextrose ice and banana shake sounds good to me.

Thread Information