Is there any truth behind this?

Im just curious and have thought about this for quite some time. The obvious answer is no, becuase its just a stimulant but here it goes.

If a person who used many different types of fat burners over the years, some clen , ephedra, thermogenics(stackers,lipo6,redline....etc) can the body be tricked into not burning fat by itself at all or as easily as it once did. If it is is there anyway to undo the damage or kind of restart your body perhaps a complete detox. I dont know I just find my body not shedding fat the way it once did a few years ago and its even harder know even though I have much mroe knowledge. A few years back I shedded 25+ pounds easily through some running and cleaner diet, now I struggle to lose 10 pounds of fat over months with a much better diet and knowledge of cardio etc.

bumpp

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    i would imagine its just like gaining muscle, once near a plateau its very hard to

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    and it might have something to do with you getting older and your metabolism slowing down. i know its happened to me.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    If you constantly take ephedra, you can suffer something called adrenal burnout but it usually goes away after time off

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    yeah ^ ^ you can get immune to anything and causes it alot more difficult to get gains from irt

I dont mean gains, i mean the body natural abiltu to burn fat by itself without the constant use of burners.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyTampa09
    I dont mean gains, i mean the body natural abiltu to burn fat by itself without the constant use of burners.
    If you use fat burners for a while. Then come off all of a sudden, your body should not have a difficult time burning fat, but you will have a difficulty finding the energy your use to untill you recoop from the thermogenics and refresh your receptors.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Im just curious and have thought about this for quite some time. The obvious answer is no, becuase its just a stimulant but here it goes.

If a person who used many different types of fat burners over the years, some clen , ephedra, thermogenics(stackers,lipo6,redline....etc) can the body be tricked into not burning fat by itself at all or as easily as it once did.
    Non-hormonal fat burning supplements?

No.

Ephedra for example has been used for centuries in China ...prescribed for long-term use with no repercussions.

The only thing that'll be 'tricked' is the mind. People who use supps as a crutch for an ineffective regime will 'find it hard' to do anything post-cessation.

If it is is there anyway to undo the damage or kind of restart your body perhaps a complete detox. I dont know I just find my body not shedding fat the way it once did a few years ago and its even harder know even though I have much mroe knowledge. A few years back I shedded 25+ pounds easily through some running and cleaner diet, now I struggle to lose 10 pounds of fat over months with a much better diet and knowledge of cardio etc.
    Because from your threads it's obvious that you've fuked your metabolism from a number of standpoints.

At your young age it is unlikely that your metabolic rate has slowed to any significant degree.. naturally that is. (Yes even with low testosterone as alluded to in another of your threads)

Your only recompence is your age as mentioned above.

Re-assess your goals.. strip yourself of counterintuitive mindsets... and do what needs to be done to get yourself 'normal' firstly... and shredded secondly.

It may be time you re-allot your expendable income away from buying supps...and invest it in someone who can help you.

Narkissos

Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    If you use fat burners for a while. Then come off all of a sudden, your body should not have a difficult time burning fat, but you will have a difficulty finding the energy your use to untill you recoop from the thermogenics and refresh your receptors.
    1. difficulty 'finding energy'.. yes

2. need to 'refresh receptors?'... ...no

3. Difficulty stemming from temporary changes in neurotransmitter gross total? ..yes

WidowMaker is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    1. difficulty 'finding energy'.. yes

2. need to 'refresh receptors?'... ...no

3. Difficulty stemming from temporary changes in neurotransmitter gross total? ..yes

I agree.

timtim is offline Member
    why people still use these "fat burners" is a question i always ask. they dont burn fat. they ramp up your heart rate and **** your cns up. they do nothing but hurt your cardiovascular system.

clen is the absolute worst of them all too.

just my opinion.

i did have post ephdra "crashing" at one point in like 2000 when i was abusing those supplements - like 8 to 12 extreme ripped fuel a day everyday - and then stopped completely. took a few weeks to feel normal again.

these supps are crap. put money into real food, a good whey supplement, a good casein supplement (if you dont like whole food before bed), and aminos for before/after cardio and lifting. everything is attainable with diet. everything else besides aas are crap.

Swiggy is offline Associate Member
    i found that at 28-29 i was nothing near what i was at 26. that was when i slowed down the most. and its all downhill from there

im 19, maybe im just not giving it as much as I did last year. I havent lifted in a month due to injury but im still doing am cardio. My intake of food dropped quite a bit which shouldnt result in fat gain...my body baffles me and it always has...ill never understand it. I eat a big meal and poof i blow up and gain 5+ pounds it kills me. Ive been home from school for maybe 10 days and I managed to put on 10 pounds while i went out to drink maybe 3 times and crappy twice but overall the other days I was eating clean foods like I normally did at less than 2000 cals.

Quote Originally Posted by timtim
    why people still use these "fat burners" is a question i always ask. they dont burn fat. they ramp up your heart rate and **** your cns up. they do nothing but hurt your cardiovascular system.

clen is the absolute worst of them all too.

just my opinion.
    Ditto.

My opinion as well.

Quote Originally Posted by timtim
    these supps are crap. put money into real food, a good whey supplement, a good casein supplement (if you dont like whole food before bed), and aminos for before/after cardio and lifting. everything is attainable with diet. everything else besides aas are crap.
    bump!

im 19, maybe im just not giving it as much as I did last year.
    It's beyond me why at 19 you should have "years of fat burner use" behind you.

I havent lifted in a month due to injury but im still doing am cardio. My intake of food dropped quite a bit which shouldnt result in fat gain...
    Drastic drop in food intake for extended period = slowed metabolism

= fat gain at lowered kcal amounts.

my body baffles me and it always has...ill never understand it. I eat a big meal and poof i blow up and gain 5+ pounds it kills me.
    Water retention.

It's your mind that's messing with your fat loss.

Ive been home from school for maybe 10 days and I managed to put on 10 pounds while i went out to drink maybe 3 times and crappy twice but overall the other days

I was eating clean foods like I normally did at less than 2000 cals.
    Generic number.. no bearing on your current BMR

Thread Information