The second ingredient in PyroGenX

The second ingredient in PyroGenX is Korean Pine Nut (Pinolenic Acid). At first, I resisted putting in an appetite suppressant, but then I thought that really, if you're not putting a strong stimulant into a fat burner, then you probably need some kind of appetite suppression with a Mitochondrial Uncoupler. This is because, frankly, based on my experience with them, you feel like garbage when you eat too much...sweaty, tired, hot, and miserable. SO I decided to put in Pinolenic Acid into the mix. It's a polyunsaturated fatty acid which is actually pretty healthy for you because it lowers blood pressure as well as improves cholesterol (1-2).

It Pinolenic Acid curbs your appetite by stimulating the release of the cholecystokinin (CCK) and Glucagon-Like Peptide (GLP-1), which is are hormones that tells your brain it's time to stop eating(3)...it boosts those hormones by 25% and 60%, RESPECTIVELY, FOR 4 HOURS (4)many other appetite suppressants work by antagonizing ghrelin, which will also tell your brain that you're full, but will potentially halt the release of GH as well. Pinolenic Acid has tha advantage of being very good for your blood lipids (and we know that cutting cycles often involve harsh compounds like Winny, halo, etc..)...so this should really be a home run. It's healthy and will help suppress appetite...

Although 3g of this stuff was used in the paper which examined this property of Korean Pine Nut, I didn't put that much in. Why not? Honestly, it's just too much. I don't think that that kind of dose is necessary, nor that kind of appetite suppression. Not with the Fucoxanthin already in the PyroGenX. Plus, remember...you'll likely be taking 6-12 caps a day, and that'll get you up to a level of Pinolenic acid that will provide a nice clean appetite suppression without killing your appetite completely, and making you look like you went on the Paris Hiltom diet...

Anyway, that's ingredient #2 in the PyroGenX. I'll let you know what the third (and final) ingredient is shortly.

References:

1. Sugano M, Ikeda I, Wakamatsu K, Oka T. Influence of Korean pine (Pinus koraiensis)seed oil containing cis-5,cis-9,cis-l2-octadecatrienoic acid on polyunsaturated fatty acid metabolism, eicosanoid production and blood pressure of rats. Br J Nutr. 1994 Nov;72(5):775-83.
    2.. Lee JW, Lee KW, Lee SW, Kim IH, Rhee C. Selective increase in pinolenic acid (all-cis5,9,12-18:3) in Korean pine nut oil by crystallization and its effect on LDL-receptor activity. Lipids. 2004 Apr;39(4):383-7.
    3. Causey JL. Korean pine nut fatty acids induce satiety-producing hormone release in overweight human volunteers. Paper presented at: American Chemical Society National Meeting & Exposition; March 26-30, 2006; Atlanta, GA. AGFD 117.
    4. *Paper presentation:
    Last edited by Property of Steroid.com; 07-05-2007 at 10:52 AM.

Thread Information