Nismo is offline Member

Gamma-O Testosterone Booster

Anyone heard of it??? Any good or bad reviews on it. It's about 60 bucks and I'm thinking of starting it with Myogynx. It said to raise your test level by 800% but I dont know about all that. Anyone??

Nismo is offline Member
    Has anyone heard of this product before??? C'mon now guys!!!

ckyass is offline Associate Member
    never heard of it sorry

It's popular in the MMA community. One of my clients asked me about it, and I did a search on Medline for the main ingredient in it, to see what possible benefits it may have.

In terms of increasing testosterone , it's not effective at all. I think it's total bullshit.

SmallTime is offline New Member
    Never heard of it but 800% more test than you produce now? sounds a little
    out there

ThePump is offline Member
    i first heard about it when i went to the arnold classic last march and i tasted the nasty shit and blahhhh. but i've looked some things up about it and i'm pretty sure it's a over priced hoax.

pwerfll1 is offline Banned
    seen it in planet muscle mag

Int J Sport Nutr. 1991 Jun;1(2):170-7. Links
    Gamma oryzanol-plant sterol supplementation: metabolic, endocrine, and physiologic effects.

Medical Department, Ross Laboratories, Columbus, OH 43216.
    The use of gamma-oryzanol and phytosterols is gaining popularity among various athletic populations. These compounds are being consumed in the belief that they elicit anabolic effects ranging from increased testosterone production and release to stimulating human growth hormone release. However, published scientific studies suggest that these compounds are poorly absorbed. Furthermore, animal studies indicate that when these compounds are injected subcutaneously or intravenously, they induce antianabolic or catabolic activity. Normally, less than 5% of orally consumed phytosterols are absorbed from the intestinal tract, with the majority being excreted in the feces. Intravenous or subcutaneous injections of gamma-oryzanol in rats have been shown to suppress luteinizing hormone release, reduce growth hormone synthesis and release, and increase release of the catecholamines, dopamine and norepinephrine, in the brain. Although it hasn't been directly measured, this metabolic milieu, if accurate, may actually reduce testosterone production.
    Int J Sport Nutr. 1997 Dec;7(4):318-29. Links
    The effects of gamma-oryzanol supplementation during resistance exercise training.

Exercise and Sport Science Laboratories, University of Memphis, TN 38152, USA.
    To determine the effectiveness of gamma-oryzanol supplementation, weight-trained males were randomly divided into supplemented (G-O) and control placebo (Con) groups. The G-O group ingested 500 mg.day-1 of gamma-oryzanol according to manufacturer's instructions. Test batteries were administered before (T1), after 4 weeks (T2), and after 9 weeks (T3) of a periodized resistance exercise program. Both groups demonstrated significant increases in 1 repetition maximum muscular strength (bench press and squat) and vertical jump power, with no differences between the groups. No differences between groups were observed for measures of circulating concentrations of hormones (testosterone, cortisol, estradiol, growth hormone, insulin , beta-endorphin), minerals (calcium, magnesium), binding protein (albumin), or blood lipids (total cholesterol, triglycerides, HDL-cholesterol). Resting cardiovascular variables decreased similarly for both groups. These data suggest that 9 weeks of 500 mg.day-1 of gamma-oryzanol supplementation does not influence performance or related physiological parameters in moderately weight-trained males.
    PMID: 9407258 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

ThePump is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Roberts
    Int J Sport Nutr. 1991 Jun;1(2):170-7. Links
    Gamma oryzanol-plant sterol supplementation: metabolic, endocrine, and physiologic effects.

Medical Department, Ross Laboratories, Columbus, OH 43216.
    The use of gamma-oryzanol and phytosterols is gaining popularity among various athletic populations. These compounds are being consumed in the belief that they elicit anabolic effects ranging from increased testosterone production and release to stimulating human growth hormone release. However, published scientific studies suggest that these compounds are poorly absorbed. Furthermore, animal studies indicate that when these compounds are injected subcutaneously or intravenously, they induce antianabolic or catabolic activity. Normally, less than 5% of orally consumed phytosterols are absorbed from the intestinal tract, with the majority being excreted in the feces. Intravenous or subcutaneous injections of gamma-oryzanol in rats have been shown to suppress luteinizing hormone release, reduce growth hormone synthesis and release, and increase release of the catecholamines, dopamine and norepinephrine, in the brain. Although it hasn't been directly measured, this metabolic milieu, if accurate, may actually reduce testosterone production.
    Int J Sport Nutr. 1997 Dec;7(4):318-29. Links
    The effects of gamma-oryzanol supplementation during resistance exercise training.

Exercise and Sport Science Laboratories, University of Memphis, TN 38152, USA.
    To determine the effectiveness of gamma-oryzanol supplementation, weight-trained males were randomly divided into supplemented (G-O) and control placebo (Con) groups. The G-O group ingested 500 mg.day-1 of gamma-oryzanol according to manufacturer's instructions. Test batteries were administered before (T1), after 4 weeks (T2), and after 9 weeks (T3) of a periodized resistance exercise program. Both groups demonstrated significant increases in 1 repetition maximum muscular strength (bench press and squat) and vertical jump power, with no differences between the groups. No differences between groups were observed for measures of circulating concentrations of hormones (testosterone, cortisol, estradiol, growth hormone, insulin , beta-endorphin), minerals (calcium, magnesium), binding protein (albumin), or blood lipids (total cholesterol, triglycerides, HDL-cholesterol). Resting cardiovascular variables decreased similarly for both groups. These data suggest that 9 weeks of 500 mg.day-1 of gamma-oryzanol supplementation does not influence performance or related physiological parameters in moderately weight-trained males.
    PMID: 9407258 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

yeah and i'm sure u wouldn't want more dopamine neurotransmitters released considering there an inhibitory postsynaptic potential neurotransmitters.

Unoid is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lets Forget AR View Post
    It's popular in the MMA community. One of my clients asked me about it, and I did a search on Medline for the main ingredient in it, to see what possible benefits it may have.

In terms of increasing testosterone, it's not effective at all. I think it's total bullshit.
    I've taken almost 1 bottle of it so far and I have to disagree.

Testicular size is increased. Recouperation and strength are increased equiv to me to a 300-400mg/wk test cycle.

Care to badmouth my experience? feel free but I'm not lying and have no reason to speak good of the product. I see results.

Garbanzo Dude is offline Member
    hmm so many choices these days.....I think I'll stink to plain zinc and magnessium tabs for now....they cost me about $5 each

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoid View Post
    I've taken almost 1 bottle of it so far and I have to disagree.

Testicular size is increased. Recouperation and strength are increased equiv to me to a 300-400mg/wk test cycle.

Care to badmouth my experience? feel free but I'm not lying and have no reason to speak good of the product. I see results.
    in response to you bumping a year and a half old thread...how about some blood work to show its effectiveness. stuff is bunk in my mind untill you prove otherwise.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    I will stick to actual test

Thread Information