Thread: donating plasma

deezy is offline New Member

donating plasma

how will donating plasma affect my nutrition/supplement intake/diet?

gettingBIGGERfast is offline Associate Member
    donating??? sell it man.

It will just dehydrate you. No big deal, just drunk some extra fluid (past your gallon a day)

correction "selling plasma" haha

and what about its effect on a cycle whether it be prohormone or steroids

when you sell plasma, the separate the plasma and put the rest back. I can't say for sure, but I seem to remember from previous posts that it really shouldn't be a problem even if you where donating whole blood.

Percentage wise, they really aren't taking out that much

thanks man i really appreciate your time and your help

no prob. take it easy deezy

OH REALLY is offline Banned
    not true plasma is loaded with electrolytes and it takes a day to restore and you are not suppose to train on donation days so if you want to donate on your rest days you would be dehydrating your self and depleting all you electrolytes why do you think they give you a sugar loaded drink on the way out not worth the loss

As a doctor I can assure you that giving up plasma is not meaningless to your goals.
    Plasma is all of the non cellular components of your blood. This includes proteins which bind your sex hormones and thyroid hormones. Your growth hormone , they take that too. Think of anything in your blood other than the cells and that is what they take.

That being said, working in the ER it is imperative people donate plasma because we use quite a bit of it during traumas with massive blood loss. We use pack red cells also, but after you lose enough blood you run low on clotting factors which the plasma provides.

I actually sold plasma in college for a while but I cannot recall how much they took. A man has around 5 liters of whole blood, half of that is plasma. So 2.5 liters of plasma. They are easily taking 400 or so milliliters so nearly 20% of all of your hormones get sucked out of your vein.

Electrolytes are not a factor here. First, they add normal saline (NaCl) to the red blood cells as they infuse them back into you. They likely dont add potassium but its not really relevant. The vast majority of all of your electrolytes are found in the spaces between cells yet outside the blood. Taking them out of blood does matter becuase the nearly instantly normalize.

The same is not true of protein components. They are solely found in the plasma. They also take quite a bit of time to be produced again, depending on the specific one. Be sure if you are donating two times a week your levels will never be 100%.

Electrolytes are not a factor here.....Electrolytes is a factor here and every thing else you mentioned above i work in a plasma center for over a year and i have seen to many people fall out after donation and the saline is only given if it is requested by the donor this is true we can only recommend it but we cant force it 90% of the donors don't want the saline because of the extra 7 min. it takes and they have to make the bus. also we take plasma buy the weight of the donor the more you weight the more we take and if you take the saline or not it is always given at the end of the donation not back with the red cells after all the red cells are given this is how we do it at my job i don't know about all places thought

Donating plasma will slow down your gaines in the gym

Thread Information