Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Times Roman

Thread: Kurig Green Tea?

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member

Kurig Green Tea?

Hello everyone. So I just read Austinite's amazing thread on losing weight. Among other things, he talked about Green Tea; which I have personally never liked. I bought my girlfriend a Kurig coffee maker with an assortment of coffee. But when she opened the box we realized that I had actually bought an assortment of tea. Now I know that many tea's are crap and will not offer any benefit for losing weight; but since these things cost almost $1 per cup I have to ask if this stuff offers any of the benefits that real green tea can offer; or is it all just crap too? Any help or information would be appreciated and Happy New Year!

rhodesmc123 is offline New Member
    The cartridges just have plain old coffee beans or tea leaves/grinded herbs/etc in them. Open one after you use it and you'll see it's exactly the same... The keurig just heats up faster. I make my own tea blends using a reusable k-cup filter. I use L-Theanine, Kava, and Valerian Root for sleep. I make green tea too. I would give you a some links about it, but this is my first post.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm not sure what the big hype is about single portion coffee/tea dispensers? I'm the opposite, instead of buying the smallest unit at the greatest cost/lb, I like to buy bulk and get the most cost effective cost/lb.

and people bitch because they don't have any money left over at the end of the month?
    jwh7699 likes this.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhodesmc123 View Post
    The cartridges just have plain old coffee beans or tea leaves/grinded herbs/etc in them. Open one after you use it and you'll see it's exactly the same... The keurig just heats up faster. I make my own tea blends using a reusable k-cup filter. I use L-Theanine, Kava, and Valerian Root for sleep. I make green tea too. I would give you a some links about it, but this is my first post.

These can get pricey to use but using a re-useable k-filter can help cut it down.
    I must admit I'm addicted to the Starbucks Pike Roast K cups.

Blog Entries
    I personally never liked my kurig machine, was a pain to fill it up, wait, and the coffee wasnt all that better than a good quality instant blend. Anyways, yes the tea cups will have some benefits, phytonutrients, micronutrients and antioxidants. All tea comes from the same plant Camellia sinensis, the difference in white, green, black tea is when the plant is harvested, how its dried, and processed. Some teas are blended with other herbs to add flavor and increase mix of beneficial chemicals. If your bottom line is will the teas add to my overall health the answer is yes. If you want to incorporate green tea specifically I would go with a concentrated extract in pill form, its easier to take. The only teas I would avoid at this time are those coming from Japan, they will make you glow in the dark.

Thread Information