Thread: Weight Gainers?

Andy8659 is offline New Member

Weight Gainers?

So I am on Allmax quickmass weight gainer right now... but is it full of crap?? Should I use another supplement? Which brands are good? When ever I go into a GNC they always tell me to buy the GNC brand, but I dont trust it..

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    the best brand is the 1 you can make at home,1 cup oatmeal,2tbls natty peanut butter,2 scoops protein,1 cup skim milk if you will and a few ice cubes,this will be good with minimal sugar. What are your states? whats your age?

Andy8659 is offline New Member
    I am 19 years old
    6'3
    180 lbs, wanting to gain muscle mass..

What kind of protein should I be using?

i would try a whey/casein blend,how many macros you get out of it depends on how much of the ingredients you use,it can be good to help you add some mass but it should be a SUPPLEMENT to your daily diet. What does your diet look like? Have you been in the diet forum and read the stickies?

spickidy is offline New Member
    I do the same thing j4 posted but half the peanut butter and add a little olive oil to add even better fats and you wont tell it is in there- I even put a little less protein powder too and sometimes add some wheat germ or a little flax seed.

Quote Originally Posted by spickidy View Post
    I do the same thing j4 posted but half the peanut butter and add a little olive oil to add even better fats and you wont tell it is in there- I even put a little less protein powder too and sometimes add some wheat germ or a little flax seed.
    thats 1 of the ideas when you make your own at home and that is you can brew it up in many different ways and it will be healthier and cheaper than buying some kind of mass gain.

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    i would dump any weight gainer and replace with FOOOOOOD

Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    i would dump any weight gainer and replace with FOOOOOOD
    correct, but if he wants to supplement with a shake i say it is better to make it yourself and as i stated above even if you make it yourself it is to supplement a daily diet.

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by j4ever41 View Post
    correct, but if he wants to supplement with a shake i say it is better to make it yourself and as i stated above even if you make it yourself it is to supplement a daily diet.
    was not disagreeing, just making sure the OP knows, shakes IMO should only be PWO and maybe casein at night... my fav

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    most commercial weight gainers contain maltodextrin, which is technically a complex carb, yet it is derived from corn and has one of the highest glycemic responses known to man. dont be fooled. you will get fat. companies like to write complex carbs all over the label.

the only one ive seen that is decent is MHPs "Up Your Mass". Look for it online. Otherwise make your own

liftinghard is offline Junior Member
    i like isomass

tallguy23 is offline Junior Member
    I would make your own using whey, casein, oatmeal and olive oil. A lot cheaper.

spickidy is offline New Member
    Maltodextrin is only a surgar with more chains in it so is like a complex sugar - great for post wo and thats it - I know food is king but when I am on the go I make my own weight gainer - You can even add some strawberries or any other fruit . I often also add some plain yogurt for added nutrients and pro biotics. It is still food, just make sure you use low glycemic carbs- whole oats are perfect, healthy fats like olive oil, and a mixture of good proteins- I use egg whites powder, whey powder,and skim milk every time.

Thread Information