The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member

Question My wife wants to know if...

She should be consuming whey protein after a weight training session. SHE SAYS SHE DOESNT WANT TO BE A BODYBUILDER... JUST WANTS TO TONE AND TIGHTEN...

She doesnt believe me it is a necessity for everyone who weight trains and is looking to build muscle.

CAN SOMEONE please take 5 or so minutes to explain to her the need for such a dietary supplement to be implemented for muscle growth and health. Please and thank you bros !!! UR TIME ON THIS MATTER IS MUCH APPRECIATED !!

Ha Women!! THEY JUST HATE LISTENING TO THEIR OWN FULLY KNOWLEDGABLE HUSBANDS DONT THEY??!! LOL ... Thanks again bros...

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    YES YES AND YES!!!!!
    its is very importand she has some protein after training, for muscle repair and recovery.
    So she can go the next day and the day after, otherwise the muscles will not be fed and she may lose them NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

if she thinks she will get huge or big from just taking whey protein, everybody would be a monster by now.
    It will also help her maintain and keep her muscle while she gets tight and "toned".

Which ultimatly if you want to be hard and tight, guess what you need muscles otherwise, you will be just soft and lose, cause of muscle loss.

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    ^^ x 2,if she thinks that she will be big and bulky like some of the female bb she has no idea what they do and go thru,she needs to maintain that muscle while losing fat,if it were that easy we all would be a coleman and cutler.

yourmom is offline Associate Member
    Remind her that it is impossible for her, as a woman, to gain weight like that because she doesn't have testosterone . Consuming a good quality protein will help tone and tighten as well help her to burn fat.

Okay guys this is MRS DEUCE. Maybe I should have posted my question in my own name because my question was worded wrong by my husband. What I asked was does EVERY person need to consume Whey Protein Shakes even if your not trying to bulk up or gain tons of muscle mass?????!!! I am a 5 ft 1 in 100 lbs. I am 12.14 body fat. All I want to do is tone a few area's on my body. In my 8th week at the gym and have seen significant changes in my body already. Gained 2 inches in the arms etc. So my real question is, HOW OFTEN SHOULD I CONSUME A WHEY PROTEIN SHAKE IN A DAY????

Thanks guys I appreciate it.. I wasn't doubting my husband and I don't doubt you guys. I know you all know your sh1t.

kalspic is offline Senior Member
    take one after working out

jfalco is offline Member
    I don't see any reason to use whey protein except as a pwo. Whey is excellent for post work out nutrition because it digests rapidly. Otherwise it isn't necessary and you can find better ways to get your protein.

CHAP is offline Anabolic Member
    Pwo...

Thanks again guys... truly appreciate it

mrs. D

The dreaded double post !!
    Last edited by The Deuce; 05-20-2009 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Double post !!

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    MRS. DEUCE take within 30 minutes of PWO

thanks rana

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    just for pwo and your fine .

Thanks For all the help bros !! I keep tellin her she needs to create her own account on here... but...lol... u know how well women listen to their own husbands/BF's .... or maybe its just mine lol

THANKS AGAIN !!!

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If she has a hard time getting in descent meal in the mornings (running late for work, etc.) then she can have a whey shake on the way to work as well as pwo.

WOLFCRAFT is offline Senior Member
    Just read the label on whatever whey you are using.
    Avoid stuff like Muscle Milk, my girl started gaining weight on that from all of the fat it is full of.
    A good clean whey after your workout is a great idea.

Exevious is offline Associate Member
    HAHA!!

My girl is always saying the same garbage..

'I dont wanna look like a body builder...'

Its takes WAY more than some protein and weight lifting...
    Like MANY hours of HARD LIFTING!! and you will see it coming!!

I just dont get it.. she sees how often I work out..
    while I am in shape, and toned... I am FAR from '******'

This is Mrs Deuce. Thanks again for all your advice. I am going get my own screen name today at some point. But yeah I laid off the whey protein right now. I was drinking like 3 or 4 a day when I started. I do understand it is necessary for pwo. I was drinking Muscle Milk and hadn't noticed any weight gain. It actually seems to be a protein I can tolerate drinking. I guess there are so many I just have to find the one that I like and I can tolerate. I also want to say that I know I won't get HUGE from drinking some whey protein and working out. I see what my husband has had to do to get to where he is. Yes I go to the gym 6 days a week 2 hours each time. I lift weights and do curls and etc. I am a mini meathead. I have a goal and I am gradually getting there. Thanks to my husband and for all of you who give me advice. Thanks again guys. Will post once I create a screen name

Mrs Deuce

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFCRAFT View Post
    Just read the label on whatever whey you are using.
    Avoid stuff like Muscle Milk, my girl started gaining weight on that from all of the fat it is full of.
    A good clean whey after your workout is a great idea.

Thread Information