ninjazx14 is offline Associate Member

not sure what to get.

19 y/o 6'4 235 20% BF (No steroids ) Goals Drop Weight and add muscle off course lol

My question is on what vitamins i should be taking. heres what i take now

GNC Mega Men Performance & Vitality Just a bunch of different stuff
    http://www.gnc.com/shop/index.jsp?ca...445&cp=2167069 theres a link to see what its got in it.

Then for my Shake its Isopure(50 protein 0 carbs) mainly use this cause the 0 carbs.

i just want to know what i can be taking that im not to help my overall nutrition/body. i have a bad knee(well its right below the knee think its cartlidge or joint problems dislocated my knee cap in 11th grade) when i workout my legs that knee is in HUGE pain.

So anyways im just looking for any advice on what i should be taking for supplements to improve my health basicly. any advice on even what a better shake might be for me. or make sure you eat that apple a day to keep the doc away

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    mutli vitamin-life force multiples

thers a study on here tht shows GNC is shit... what else is new

the secret to success is diet.. so head over there if you havent already dialed in a diet

Klimax is offline Member
    I think you should be sure that your diet is good enough before asking about supplements.

my diet is decent i have lost 60 lbs in the last 8 months. i am transitioning into a 6 meal plan diet here shortly. but still i would like to know what some vitamins i should be taking. mainly for my knee, but also just to improve my health all together.

also yes i notice if i stay on a multi vitamin then yeah ill be doubling up on some vitamins thats why im here asking you guys. i did some research but didnt find much.

skinnypunk is offline Associate Member
    What's the deal with your knee?

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjazx14 View Post
    19 y/o 6'4 235 20% BF (No steroids ) Goals Drop Weight and add muscle off course lol

My question is on what vitamins i should be taking. heres what i take now

GNC Mega Men Performance & Vitality Just a bunch of different stuff
    http://www.gnc.com/shop/index.jsp?ca...445&cp=2167069 theres a link to see what its got in it.

Then for my Shake its Isopure(50 protein 0 carbs) mainly use this cause the 0 carbs.

i just want to know what i can be taking that im not to help my overall nutrition/body. i have a bad knee(well its right below the knee think its cartlidge or joint problems dislocated my knee cap in 11th grade) when i workout my legs that knee is in HUGE pain.

So anyways im just looking for any advice on what i should be taking for supplements to improve my health basicly. any advice on even what a better shake might be for me. or make sure you eat that apple a day to keep the doc away
    The isopures are quite expensive. High qualtiy protein but very expensive for what you are getting.

Drop the gnc vitapack and go with eatrainrest's suggestion.

For joint issues give fish oil, glucosamine, chondroitin, msm a try.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnypunk View Post
    What's the deal with your knee?

Um when im using my knee even when it comes to walking up stairs my left knee feels major pain. more pain depending on the level or work im doing.

i dislocated it in 11th grade and many years of being overweight im sure didnt help. but the pain isnt really the knee cap its underneath the knee. its the lower ligament http://216.74.18.90/image/122/supart...%20Anatomy.jpg
    just below where the arrow i point to ligament. went to the docs a couple times they dont have much to say but try a brace. im going to go back soon maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaiden708 View Post
    The isopures are quite expensive. High qualtiy protein but very expensive for what you are getting.

Drop the gnc vitapack and go with eatrainrest's suggestion.

For joint issues give fish oil, glucosamine, chondroitin, msm a try.

ok so really i shouldnt be taking supplements? even just for better health everything i eat should give me what i want?

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjazx14 View Post
    ok so really i shouldnt be taking supplements? even just for better health everything i eat should give me what i want?
    I didn't say that...? Buy a tub of protein and use that a your source of protein post workout and look into the multivitamin eatrainrest suggested.

c-Z
    c-Z is offline Educate B4 You Medicate (RIP T)
    Personally I'm not a big fan of drinking shakes... Food>Shakes any day. I use a shake right before the gym Only because as I am at work I can drink it down at 3:00 be at the gym at 4:00. No time for food in between. If you have an opportunity for a meal over a shake. Do it.

As far as GNC goes.... I wouldn't wipe my ass with their stuff.... And those multivitamins are overpriced like crazy. Fricking animal pack is cheaper then GNC's Garbage.

Avoid GNC stuff... it is straight sh*t

johndoe2u is offline Junior Member
    as far as supplements go, id take a multi vitamin, and get some animal flex (joint supplement). i have bad shoulders, and i take the animal flex with an additional 1200mg fishoil supplement daily and it helps out a lot. just eat good balanced meals and workout to the best of your ability. at your age there isnt much else you should be doing. i also recommend checking out the diet forum.

alright thanks for the adive guys. im already in the diet forum working on improving my diet.

Thread Information