Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member

PWO gainer shake making me hungry?

I recently started using Gaspari Real Mass as my PWO shake. I am very happy with it so fat. Great taste and great profile, I actually look forward to drinking it everyday so no complaints. The weird thing is about 45 minutes after I drink the shake I AM STARVING!! Now since I am bulking this is a good thing,just wondering if anyone else has had this experince?? I even drank it today as my breakfast and after about 45 minutes was starving again....Is it because it is a fast acting shake ?

I am not 100% familiar with the product but you should check to see what kind of protein is in it. I'm also guessing you're an ectomorph which would mean your metabolism is naturally faster. My guess/assumption is the fact you're using weight gainer shakes to begin with. Also check the fat content of the shake. Lower fat usually means it'll digest quicker.

But like you said, you're bulking. I wouldn't be too worried about it. I'd just keep eating. What I've done (being a severe ecto), is I have my shake right as I leave the gym. I get home, cook up something lean and have a small amount of carbs with it. That usually gives me about 45mins-60 mins from the time I leave the gym/drink my shake, and I'm eating again.

Hope this helped.

Its just a regular weight gainer, 600 cals, 50g protein, 80g carbs. Im not to worried about it just curious about why I a so hungry after I chug down 600 cals. Im actually excited, easier to get the food down!!!

I also think it has something to do with me comming off a cut diet. Now that I have added foods/carbs my body just wants more and more.

palevein is offline Junior Member
    I didn't like that product too much, but that goes for my experience with all Gaspari products I've used. I find that Mutant Mass keeps me full for at least 1 1/2 hours after consuming it if that's what you're looking for.

Real Mass is all Maltodextrin/Dextrose I believe, so it's all real rapid carbo's that your body uptakes quite quickly. I think that would be your hunger culprit if anything

^^^^^yea thats exactly what I thought. I am using it as a Post workout shake and breakfast so I think the fast absorption is a good thing

Thread Information