For most body parts (except forearms, calves, and abs), I run exercises comprised of 1 set of 15, (2 sec pos/2 sec neg), 1 set of 10 (1pos, 2neg) and 1 set of 5 (1 pos/1neg). All sets to failure, last set one cheat rep. Seems to work well for me. (The high rep first set gets this old blood flowing)

I recently switched from using jack3d, to N.O. explode for a pre workout drink. While I liked the intensity of the jack3D, with the N.O. explode Ive realized that Im suddenly making sudden, and specific, gains ... in -only- the heaver weight sets.

In other words, Im still making a slow, steady increase in my sets of 15. But my sets of 10 have made better increases, and my sets of 5 went thru the roof.

In my abs, forearms, and calves, which I do 3 sets of 15 on, I'm still doing the same slow, steady increases in all 3 sets.

I keep track of everything I do in the gym - rep timing, timing between sets, hand grip - hell, I even play the same songs on the same exercises- and the only difference seems to be the damn drink.

Of course, I'd like to hear if anyone else has experienced something like this - and now Im wondering if I should drop down the "top end" of my routine, to something more like sets of 10s, 8s, and 6s, to better utilize what seems to be an increase in more "explosive strength".

Anyone?